Yi Mirror Dash Cam

Your front camera was not so good aligned. The camera needs to be pointed more to the left and also to adjust it horizontally by rotating it. Can you adjust it like I described or that position was at maximum to the left?
Do you know the chipset and the CMOS used?

enjoy,
Mtz

Any current user of this camera? How's the reliability during hot and cold season as it's not installed with capacitor.

Hi,

I own this camera and it's pretty cool expect one major issue. The installation method is done by two rubber bands on the existing mirror. The problem starts while the engine is running, the vibration are transferred to the mirror and he start to resonate and looking to a distorted image through the mirror while driving, no thanks. I wrote directly to Yi about this...Got an retarded reply... Camera great but the vibration is horrible.

I have replaced the rubber bands with some NBR rings, much better but still annoying...last try will be to stick it to the original mirror. Any idea?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-03-20-58-42-010_com.google.android.gm.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-03-20-58-42-010_com.google.android.gm.png
    771.9 KB · Views: 13
Perhaps some rubber bands over the mirror first where the cam touches it. Also tighten any hardware holding the mirror. Don't just feel for looseness but tighten the hardware as a tiny movement there will be amplified.

Car mirrors are not designed to hold anything more than themself, with vibration and movement being an issue with almost all the mirror-mounted cams. They are all battery powered too, which makes no sense as they get direct exposure to the summer sun. Could be a great idea if someone would do it well but so far nobody has.

Phil

The area which gets into contact with the original mirror (backside of the mirror dasch cam) is covered with rubber, quite a hard one, which is ok but unfortunately the rest of this area is perforated for cooling and therefore i would like to avoid covering this area with additional material even though your suggestion by adding some additional rubber could make some difference.
In the moment i have replaced the original rubbed bands with some NBR bands and restricted the movement of the mirror, it started to perform better even though its varying with temperature as with high temperature the materials are being loose. I want glue the areas which are toughing the original mirror with some double side tape to see if it make some difference. Last option for me is to replace the original mirror absolutely with this one (not sure how at this moment).

Iam pretty upset about the support, wtf and next to this i can’t find any information about the "vibration" being an essential part of this product. Very disappointed, i own lots of cameras from this brad but this was the last one i bought...

PS: If there will be any progress i will update this thread, maybe it will help someone to solve his issues as well :)

Tomas

I have ordered this dash cam and will arrive too. Before making the decision, I also noticed there might be vibration. Tried to ask an current user but he didn't have the issue so far. So I guess there might be related to how rigid of the car mirror mounting.

Can try to place small thin foam tape at the contact area between the cam and the mirror.

I'll post any issue after received the cam later too.

Finally installed this new cam. Quite impressive of the building quality even from the package comparing to the other no name brand from China too.

I also noticed the whole mirror was vibration when I was looking the mirror in the car. But it was not affect the recorded video. The video was stable and didn't notice the vibration.

The tinted glass should be darker to reflect the headlight from the rear.

The night video quality was not good as my Mobius 2 but less noise.

No details settings for the video quality or color.

It's much more convenience that could use the app to access the recorded video, aiming and settings.

A little bit slow to download a 3 mins video files about 350MB from the cam to smartphone through the app with using about 5 mins.

I'm very satisfy of the overall quality. As I still didn't have time to install the rear cam yet, so no comment for the rear cam.

Most of the dash cams seem to have the same effect during the day. I wonder how the night vision effect of the dash cam is. Can the license plates be clearly captured at night?

Hi,

This and similar cameras appear to be RVM-mounting type. This mean that these are strapped on the back of RVM, right? Then there is sure scope for all vibrations!

However, I remember to have seen ads about camera with mirror, i.e. a unit that would replace the existing RVM. Then the issue of vibration due to relative motion will not exist, right? Has anyone checked those type?

Comments?

Do you mean it's on Chinese when you received the dash cam from day 1? Where did you buy it from?

Is someone able to convert a Chinese Yi Mirror Dash to an International/English firmware/language?

Back