Yi mirror dashcam

Gozo

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
I have bought a new Yi mirror dashcam, but it doesn't work. I can connect to this device with Yi Dashcam Android application via wi-fi but I cannot format microSD card and this message appears on the touchscreen:

"To optimize the performance of the memory card.
It is recommended that format the micro SD Card."

When I tried to push the OK button on the touchscreen, the equipment does not react anything. When I issued the "Format SD" command on the mobile application this action starts but the result is "Format failed".
The factory reset is working at first sight run when I issued this command on the mobile application, but nothing changes after this action.

I tried four differing micro SD card with FAT32 file system. All of them made by other manufacturers. I used micro SD with 8 GB, 16 GB, and 32 GB capacity, between them the Samsung EVO+ 32GB C10 which is the mainly recommended type for Yi dashcam.
Do you have any idea what do I do?

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius, G1W-S, G1W-HC,, G1W clone, B1W, N2 Pro, K2S
Welcome to DCT @Gozo :)

Have you tried formatting the cards in a PC or laptop first? (need to avoid using MAC computers as they can install hidden files that can disrupt dashcams). Existing files on them may be the problem. Out of 4 cards at least one should be good but the "h2testw" freeware can conform that, and "sdformatter:" freeware resets sd cards to factory specs. If a card checks OK but you're still having problems contact the seller- you may need to use the warranty.

Phil

OP
G

Gozo

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Welcome to DCT @Gozo :)

Have you tried formatting the cards in a PC or laptop first? (need to avoid using MAC computers as they can install hidden files that can disrupt dashcams). Existing files on them may be the problem. Out of 4 cards at least one should be good but the "h2testw" freeware can conform that, and "sdformatter:" freeware resets sd cards to factory specs. If a card checks OK but you're still having problems contact the seller- you may need to use the warranty.

Phil
Hi SawMaster,
Yes, I formatted these cards in my PC with Super Partition Magic program. This software the best solution according to my earlier experience.
I think the firmware is damaged.
Has anybody a solution to the firmware upgrade of this dashcam?