Yi Nightscape vs Blueskysea B1W?

the B2K is a newer product built on better spec hardware, better support available also

Sounds like for the few dollars more from the B1W, it might be the smarter buy over that or the Y1. Definitely don’t want price creep to eventually get me into some $500+ camera haha, but I also want to get something that will function when I need it to.

I’m now leaning toward the Blueskysea B2K. I’d reckon that’s better than the B1W, since it’s a step up from the same company, but how would you gauge it in regards to the Y1?
B1W and B2K are very different, not a step up, but a completely different series. I prefer the design of the B1W, but the B2K wins on image quality by a long way.

I've not tested a Y1, but the B2K does have double the resolution, which with small USA number plates and wide roads is going to give a big advantage in good lighting, and it is not going to be far behind at night since the sensors are the same generation Sony sensors, just a difference in resolution. My guess is that the B2K will win on image quality even at night in most circumstances, but until someone does a side by side test, we will not know for sure. I've tested the B2K next to some far more expensive cameras and it does very well, although it is definitely a budget camera on everything other than image quality.

Looks like a nice small cam. Weird info on their Amazon sale page tho. I'm pretty sure it's wrong.

1612879386079.png

It has a small cell battery on the PCB...

Wow isn't LiPo quite unusual for RTC battery?

Wow isn't LiPo quite unusual for RTC battery?
it will be a lithium button cell battery, something like this

Back