Yi Smart Dash Cam

t0ny

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Hello,

recently i had to disassemble the dash cam, because...strangely some dust particles found their way into the camera lens.
I've successfully remove each one of the lenses, It went all good and smooth, until i dropped the tray with the lenses.

Does anyone have an idea whats the lens order and whats their orientation?
I did try and search the web, but i couldn't find any results regarding the camera lens.

I even tried Yi Support, but the response to me was:
"We would like to inform you that we will not recommend opening the cameras yourself. Unfortunately, we don't have any manuals where you can rearrange the camera.However, we suggest you contact any local technician and get this fixed. "
I don't know any local repairman here, so im hoping that someone here might help me out with this.

Only found this on the website...

53d193253ba8d441387bc03f6e22684c.jpg

Thanks!
But i already knew about this image. Its not a 100% representation of the real thing :D

Here how its actually looks like (well...from top view).
Form left to right:
1) Convex lens (one side convex only) -> ( |
2) The plastic part
3) Concave lens (the two sides are concave) -> ) (
4) Convex lens (one side convex only) -> | )
5) Concave plastic part (one side concave only) -> | (
6) Convex lens...but a strange one...it has some kind of "notch" -> =| ) ... it kinda looks like a mushroom
7) Concave plastic part (one side concave only) -> ) |
8) A plastic ring
9) Convex lens (tow sided convex...one side is a bit flatter that the other one) -> ( )
10) A square (looks different in direct light...maybe its a filter) -> []

Sadly though...i was quite disappointed when i saw the camera lens disassembled and then compare it to that image. I really expected 6 lenses, but i count only 5 (im not counting the square filter). Maybe if the 3-rd lens is a "two pieced part", then yeah... its a 6 lens part.

My model cam is "YCS 1015 INT" (international version)

Edit: Oh... and this is how its looking with my "current set"

Last edited:
A really keep person at a camera shop might be able to do it, or you might find the right combination with enough tries. Or you might be able to convince them to sell you a new lens assembly- some manufacturers will occasionally help us out with such things ;)

I had the same experience with a cheap telescope and I was never able to get it right. Got so aggravated that I just tossed it in the trash and bought another one instead.

Phil

Back