Yi stops recording video

afmu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
Xiaomi Yi
Hi pals,
since I've installed firmware version 1.2.0 over my v22 Yi, I'm having the following issue: it stops recording by itself while it has battery left. It does it randomly, sometimes it records 3 videos (1,85GB each at 1080P@60FPS), sometines it records only one. The thing is that the last video is not completed, sometimes it's about 1 minute, sometimes more, random again. I've watched the last video it recorded while I was playing football beacause I though it could be caused by an impact or too high G-force, but I was still.
The firmware is the one from the original app. I've never tear down the cam or anything like that.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks.

Last edited:
1.2 is buggy and freezing. Revert to 1.0.12

I will try that, thank you.

i'm basically satisfied with 1.2 firmware. it only freezes sometimes by start up.
i suggest you can try to flash 1.2 FW again to check if it's better. if not then revert to older versions.. even tho i've never used that personally. xD

Well, fellas,
I've tried both things.
Downgrade to 1.0.12 was a failure. The cam didn't even turn on. Don't know why. It looked like it was rebooting all the time.
So I put 1.2.0 again but still the same. It recorded 3 videos of 10'35" and 1 of 38". It still has 38% of battery.

did you get firmware for correct camera revision?
did you check MD5 of the file you downloaded?
how exactly did you flash it? (step by step)

The version is the correct one. I downloaded it from the link you posted in the forum, so I had to type the serial number in order to download it.
MD5 checked correctly.
I formated the sd card (64GB). I put the firmware.bin file I downloaded from the mirror site. I put the sd card into the camera and turned it on. It started to bit for 30 seconds aprox. and then it turned off. I switch it on and it rebooted all the time.
---
Now it has the 1.1.0 version and still recording.
I'll tell you more tomorrow.
Thank you for your answers.

seems like you forgot to do factory reset after flashing :)

How? I couldn't connect.
A suggestion. You could try to power up your Yi without a micro SD card inside. I' ve found my Yi is fussy about which brand, capacity and class, but I've never encountered boot up problems with no card in, whatever software version..

there is a key combo for factory reset, dunno if wifi + power or shutter + power

there is a key combo for factory reset, dunno if wifi + power or shutter + power
It's wifi+power :)
I've tried again with the 1.0.12. It doesn't work :(
1.1.0 stops recording like 1.2.0.

Last edited:
In english please!

Probaré a ver que pasa. Gracias por la respuesta.
I will try it, let's see what happens. Thanks for the answer. :p

Sorry for double post.
I tried what you said, pablo.
This is the result:
Captura.JPG
I dont understand why the tester filled only 43235MB. I've formatted (not fast) the microSD before doing this.

That's certainly an unusual figure - what was the outcome of the test? If it passed maybe it's a card failing and it has a lot of failing memory.

If it failed put it in the bin! Or if it has warranty claim on it :)

That's certainly an unusual figure - what was the outcome of the test? If it passed maybe it's a card failing and it has a lot of failing memory.

If it failed put it in the bin! Or if it has warranty claim on it :)
The microSD is a Kingston 64GB: https://www.amazon.es/gp/B009X0G304I'm doing the test again and I will post the results.
Greetings.

Back