Yi Ultra Dash Camera

Thanks for explanation..

So, it looks like the firmware I posted is the same as the one on the Yi website (CRC32 match).

And the restore (emergency) firmware and normal firmware are a CRC32 match. Depending on how the firmware is named must do different things during a firmware update (as someone used this firmware and ended up stuck with japanese language somehow). I'm too chicken to try installing the 'restore' firmware as it must overwrite the bootloader and maybe wipeout the english settings.

Either that or there is a an option in the chinese version of the app to enable h.265 which is hidden in the english version.

UPDATE: I de-compiled the Yi app and found a check in the setting screen to only show the H265 setting when CN was in the serial number. I changed this check to EU and was able to enable H.265 encoding.

So far so good, filesize went from 160mb to 60mb per minute of video, it was using the H.265 codec however the video unusable. It keep blanking out every 5 seconds or so going to white and freezing. It was still using H.264 encoding for the smaller 'preview' video.

Maybe there is a difference in the hardware after all?

Here is the modified version of the android app if anyone else wants to try it.
Yi App EU H.265

You need to uninstall the current version first and allow unknown sources.

For reference the file I modified was com\xiaoyi\car\camera\mvp\presenter\CameraSettingPresenter.java
Line 100
if (!TextUtils.isEmpty(this.cameraDevice.realmGet$deviceSn()) && this.cameraDevice.realmGet$deviceSn().length() > 8 && this.cameraDevice.realmGet$deviceSn().substring(6, 8).equalsIgnoreCase("CN"))
... to "EU"

Hi,

Are you able to modify the latest Yi app that can be able to activate the H.265?

Thanks

Hi,

Are you able to modify the latest Yi app that can be able to activate the H.265?

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply. You only need to use the version I posted to enable h.265 then install the latest version of the app. The setting remains enabled.

I bought one of these for my work van recently. The main things that attracted me to it over my previous camera were higher resolution and support for larger capacity cards to record more footage. I've been quite disappointed with it so far though; on a 128GB card it's keeping more than 36GB free, supposedly for emergency recordings. Does anyone know if there's a way to force the camera to use the whole card or at least more than it's currently using for normal recordings?

Sorry for the late reply. You only need to use the version I posted to enable h.265 then install the latest version of the app. The setting remains enabled.
That's good to know. Didn't realise... [emoji2359]

Anyone else get the new 1.17 FW and now their cam takes very grainy unfocused video, even after Resetting it. Does anyone have older FW's for the NA model?
Malcolm

YI Ultra Dash Camera
Good day . The camera has a Wi-Fi problem. The connection with the application will be terminated after 10 seconds. Same problem all the time

Please help

YI Ultra Dash Camera
Good day . The camera has a Wi-Fi problem. The connection with the application will be terminated after 10 seconds. Same problem all the time

Please help
The WiFi problem isn't with the camera. It's with the latest app version from play store. I reinstalled version 4.2.9 and WiFi works fine......

The WiFi problem isn't with the camera. It's with the latest app version from play store. I reinstalled version 4.2.9 and WiFi works fine......
Use the 2.4ghz on it and have yoru phone in airplane mode ect. for wifi. It won't work with mobile data on.
Malcolm

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L YI Ultra Dash Cam 2.7K 5
Back