You must drive aggressively in Czech Republic

AgresivniRidic

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Dash Cam
GoPro
The most drivers in Czech Republic drive like in USA and stay in fast lane.
Possibility is to overtake them in slow lanes ;)

If people drive as fast as is allowed they can drive where the please, but if they dont they must move right.
Still overtaking on the Right side are very dangerous and illegal here in Denmark, it will cost you a fine ( 2000 DKkr / 334 USD ) and a mark on you license for every time you do it, and we only have 3 marks to deal with here.
On the other hand just hoggin a lane is just a fine here, and i believe smaller than passing on the right. ( edit it is the fine for hoggin the left lane are just 1000 DKkr half of what the fine are for passing on the Right )

If for 6 months for example, the police cars will drive 24 hours a day with cameras on board and giving fines to the drivers which use illegal the fast lane, with a big help from TV people will understand finally that the fast lane is used only for overtaking.
This is a video from my country, timelapse, without cuts so you can see it is too many are using illegally the fast lane.

enjoy,
Mtz

They just tried that here, but not for 6 months more like 6 days, and i am pretty sure it have not helped one bit.

I have been driving in the left lane only for many years, but i was also way past the speed limit all the time, so only even larger idiots had to flash me to move over. ( once the queen and her just dead husband )
They and the following car with security people passed me fast and i was doing 130 on a motorway that in the 90ties had a 110 km/h limit all places ( now 130 )

my argument why people can drive where they please if the keep the speed up are.

If everyone drive like now ( speed limit at least ) and then keep right, no one could legally overtake them, and so we would have empty Left lanes and congested right lanes. ( most Danish roads are just 2 lanes in each direction )
And i just read that since 2010 traffic on the Danish roads have gone up with 31 %, so cutting one lane off all multi lane roads seem stupid to me.
But of course if the right lane are congested and slow moving than you could pass, but Danes dont mind driving 130 km/h 10 feet behind another car, and they might slow down to 110 in thick fog.
But one congested lane, and slow moving on fast roads, i see as more problematic than the occasional lane hogger, that should move over if people could bother to flash them.

It is pretty damn rare you encounter another motorist that do 5 km/h slower than the limit, far more rare than you see people doing 5 km/h or more over the speed limit.

So i say drive where you please. but for god sake move right if you are one of the few slow guys.

What i would prefer to see is the police out there busting all those guys for whom the speed limit are not enough. those guys are the ones making the biggest problems in the fast lane, and i am sure the most verbal ones in telling other people to move right or out of their way as they are thinking.

i have yet to feature a case of left lane hoggin in my youtube uploads.

Just ask the few survives from this German accident, and they was in the right lane, but stopped more or less due to traffic, and then a semi plowed into them and pancaking then up against another semi.
4 people was killed.
http://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/...f-der-a5-hat-familie-in-den-tod-gerissen.html ( video )
A entire family wiped out by a trucker that i assume was liking cupcake pictures.

mehrere-tote-und-verletzte-lkw-schiebt-autos-unter-lastwagen-auf-a5-screenshot-nonstopnews-.jpg

That red stuff on the ground,,, none of them was carrying ketchup bottles.

2032503672-stau-vollsperrung-nach-unfall-tote-walldorf-kronau-leon-rot-Epz3YM9Ala7.jpg

If for 6 months for example, the police cars will drive 24 hours a day with cameras on board and giving fines to the drivers which use illegal the fast lane, with a big help from TV people will understand finally that the fast lane is used only for overtaking.
This is a video from my country, timelapse, without cuts so you can see it is too many are using illegally the fast lane.

enjoy,
Mtz
All that is needed for the lackadaisical drivers in our States are posted signs ordering "keep right except to pass"as in New Jersey. The democrat controlled legislature here in Maryland won't do the wise thing ! We see jersey drivers here all the time " keeping right"! The brain dead state begins at the top-government!

They just tried that here, but not for 6 months more like 6 days, and i am pretty sure it have not helped one bit.

I have been driving in the left lane only for many years, but i was also way past the speed limit all the time, so only even larger idiots had to flash me to move over. ( once the queen and her just dead husband )
They and the following car with security people passed me fast and i was doing 130 on a motorway that in the 90ties had a 110 km/h limit all places ( now 130 )

my argument why people can drive where they please if the keep the speed up are.

If everyone drive like now ( speed limit at least ) and then keep right, no one could legally overtake them, and so we would have empty Left lanes and congested right lanes. ( most Danish roads are just 2 lanes in each direction )
And i just read that since 2010 traffic on the Danish roads have gone up with 31 %, so cutting one lane off all multi lane roads seem stupid to me.
But of course if the right lane are congested and slow moving than you could pass, but Danes dont mind driving 130 km/h 10 feet behind another car, and they might slow down to 110 in thick fog.
But one congested lane, and slow moving on fast roads, i see as more problematic than the occasional lane hogger, that should move over if people could bother to flash them.

It is pretty damn rare you encounter another motorist that do 5 km/h slower than the limit, far more rare than you see people doing 5 km/h or more over the speed limit.

So i say drive where you please. but for god sake move right if you are one of the few slow guys.

What i would prefer to see is the police out there busting all those guys for whom the speed limit are not enough. those guys are the ones making the biggest problems in the fast lane, and i am sure the most verbal ones in telling other people to move right or out of their way as they are thinking.

i have yet to feature a case of left lane hoggin in my youtube uploads.
Our State Police won't let us go as fast as we think safe! They have a silly notion of a maximum safe speed for conditions, but then we have too many drivers that won't slow down no matter the road conditions-including truck drivers who ought to know better!

Why waste millions building 3 lane highways when most drivers only ever use 2 lanes. :mad:
If we have six lanes as in L.A., et al, there will be a slow idiot in every lane-Murphy's Law!

In my country and maybe also in your country and all other modern countries the law is saying very clear that the fast lane is used only for overtaking and after the overtake is finished you must go back to the first lane.
It is not about to drive where you like or to not affect other people. Try to read again your country driving laws and maybe you will discover the same.

Few years ago I was posting in this forum hundreds of accidents mostly from Russia and after that experience I can say that much more people are dying on the fast lane which is more dangerous compared to the slow lane at least in the countries where are not so many highways.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes its the same here, and generally you dont see overtakes pull over to the right, cuz they are normally speeding and so in a perpetual overtaking maneuver, with their biggest problem being slower speeders in "their" lane.

According to Danish COP programs on TV the police are all over the problem, but they are not staffed well so the chance of getting busted are still small, and also the sanctions are not really strict enough if you ask me.
Dont help much if every police precinct have 1 cop working such problems and only 70% of his time as he still have to respond to other things even if he drive a undercover cop car.

I see it all the time when i venture onto a motorway, cuz i only drive 110 km/h and most places are 130 km/h, so when i have to overtake a semi doing 80 km/h that's their limit, then i have to be damn careful pulling out, and often i have a 130 - 150 km/h guy right up my rear before i clear the truck / trucks and can pull over ( i am not pulling into a 20 M gap between 2 semi trucks )
And the fast movers get angry over that, totally forgetting that its a MAX speed limit, it dont mean that you just have to drive that speed, actually you can drive as slow as 65 km/h on a Danish motorway.
Some people just work with 1 speed and that's at least the limit speed, i know those people as i was once one of them.

And its not lie i pull out in front of other people, or rather i do of course or i couldent pass anything, but their legal or illegal speed mean a gap close pretty fast, and it frustrate the living hell out of them if they have to let off the throttle.

My car are small so if i have slowed down to 90 - 100 to time my passing of a semi truck or two with the traffic comming up from behind, then it do take my little car to get up to speed even if a downshift and floor it to finish my maneuver as quick as possible.

Here we have signs everywhere but they are rarely enforced. They probably believe it will encourage speeding (more paperwork for the cops).

1518667381594.png

In my country and maybe also in your country and all other modern countries the law is saying very clear that the fast lane is used only for overtaking and after the overtake is finished you must go back to the first lane.
This is right but many drivers just dont know.

The most drivers in Czech Republic drive like in USA and stay in fast lane.
Possibility is to overtake them in slow lanes ;)
If it wasn't for the snow, that video could've been filmed anywhere in the portuguese motorways. Very often I drive endless kms on the right without encountering a single vehicle, while the rest of the traffic "cram" the other lane(s).

Back