Your feedback please on my dashcam install

Update: ordered the A119 v3 and Viofo HK-3 hardwire kit, so hoping to install the A119 v3 in the back of my sedan, but if the hardwire power cable doesn't reach, then the v2 kit will go up the back instead.

No you will have to lengthen the 12 V side of the hard wire kit, at least that is what i would do myself. ( after getting burned by a too long / too cheap long USB wire )

No you will have to lengthen the 12 V side of the hard wire kit, at least that is what i would do myself. ( after getting burned by a too long / too cheap long USB wire )
Cheers mate I'll just put the V2 up back and V3 up front. Wondering as well if you can mount dashcams on that black dotted part of the windscreen, behind the rear view mirror?

I was always under the impression you can't, and in my new car I can't mount centre as next to behind the rear view mirror is the cars camera system for the lane departure stuff.

The black dots are called a "frit", and yes you can mount on top of them. Just remember to leave space to get the cam in and out of the mount, and likewise for cables and cards ;)

@jokiin beat me to it by a few seconds!
Phil

Back