How do you prefer to contact a company to handle warranty related issues?

• Telephone

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Email

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • WebChat

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Social Media

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nextbase Support

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase
Hello,

I would like to start a thread for any questions that some of you may have that haven't been answered in previous posts or even just for clarification.

Fire away :D

Why wasn't the nextbase 412GW model come with a much brighter led light to say when it's recording/charging as it's only visible in dark situations, on a clear light day it's almost impossible to see the led light Perhaps on the next model make it more visible but place in the bottom right corner? Just an idea

Challenge is you make them bright enough for day use they're overly bright for night use, not bright enough is an annoyance, too bright is a distraction

Yes I agree that there is a fine balance as pointed out in your response. I've got also got a transcend DP220 (as a backup) and I think that's just about right (the led brightness) day & night... if nextbase could do that then that would be awesome!

Why wasn't the nextbase 412GW model come with a much brighter led light to say when it's recording/charging as it's only visible in dark situations, on a clear light day it's almost impossible to see the led light Perhaps on the next model make it more visible but place in the bottom right corner? Just an idea

Yes Tony, as Jokiin has said, it is difficult to find a balance between day and night use.

We are always improving/developing however so your feedback is great.

I'm going to buy a Nextbase 312GW dashcam soon, and have been looking around for any good SD cards. I found an SD card on PC World and was wondering on people's opinions/experience. It's called the INTEGRAL UltimaPro microSDHC Card.

As far as I can tell it looks fine, comparing to the 312GW manual (page 6), it's MicroSDHC, Class 10, 32GB... :)

Anyone else had an Integral SD Card before? The company sounds alright after looking at their website.

I have attached a link to a compatible SD card, we use this one to test our models.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B013UDL5RU
The 312GW can now hold up to 128Gb with the latest firmware update.

The latest version can be found here https://www.nextbase.co.uk/help-and-support/in-car-cameras-series/

If you need any assistance please call in on 02920 866 429 or email us on support@nextbase.co.uk we're happy to talk you through an update.

That's great news. I also own the 402g but updated it to the 412GW. The 402g is around 14 months old and has already had a new battery fitted (warranty) but in the last few months it has failed again. Are they easy to replace? As it is a decent dash cam back up!

With a latest firmware update my 412gw can I also add an 128gb micro sd card? Would be ideal for myself working in a van all day and doing long distance travelling to various sites on s daily basis

With a latest firmware update my 412gw can I also add an 128gb micro sd card? Would be ideal for myself working in a van all day and doing long distance travelling to various sites on s daily basis

I agree Tony, it certainly would be a great improvement to allow 128Gb cards.

The latest update makes the 412GW compatible with SDXC cards; after successful testing on 64Gb SD cards with firmware version R9.5 we are in the process of testing 128Gb cards.

Looking forward to hearing the results!

Have I heard correctly that Nextbase are producing an 'add-on' polarizing filter for some of its dashcam's?

@Frayxius You're absolutely correct, Halfords will be stocking a polarising filter from the end of May.

It will be for the 112 Go, 212 Lite, 312GW and the 412GW.

It comes with an adhesive ring to attach to the dash cam.

Perfect timing with summer coming and the reflection off the dash board in the windscreen.

What's the rrp for this polarised filter? So it just attaches to the outer lens but it's no adjustable?

I had some good news confirmed today @Tony lovelock - the 128Gb cards performed well in our testing.

We can confidently say that the 112 Go, 212 Lite, 312GW, 412GW and the newer models being released this month will all be compatible with up to 128Gb (SDXC) memory cards.

The RRP is going to be between £14.99 and £19.99.

Yes it has a double sided adhesive ring (two just in case one is misplaced); the filter then rotates on this to enable you to angle it to remove most/all of the glare.

Excellent... now I don't have to cover me' dash in black felt cloth :)

I see the lens glare ring stocked at my local Halfords today it was priced at £20.00

These polarising filters are a standard bit of kit that are not new and have been used for years, available is a massive range of sizes to suit cameras, some dashcam manufacturers will not cover warranty where sandisk sd cards are used, I personally find them excruciatingly SLOW, short lived and SAMSUNG PRO work way better read/write in nextbase cams, I too have had many batteries done under warranty via annoying halfrauds, nextbase warranty seems very good but very alarming why so many need batteries at such an age I bought a 2 cam system without any battery

Appears to work well in today's sunshine, and it fits nice and firmly on the lens. It's all a matter of whether or not you think its worth the current 20 quid price tag at Halfords, or go for the alternative DIY version (that I've seen on Youtube).
Lens.jpg

Is it easy to adjust the settings of the glare?

I just put a light-coloured piece of paper on to the dash (some old parking fine!) so that it reflected in the windscreen, and then rotated the filter ring until it disappeared off the cam viewer ...job done! I've yet to try it at night with street lights/headlights etc.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
152bobby Nextbase Other 1
B Nextbase Other 65
Back