You're not safe, anywhere. Loves truck stop, Emerson, Georgia, TWO accidents, (and counting)

We need truckers too, and dentists ( -500 of those I saw on TV yesterday ) and so on and so on, and the people that come here, well they will not be taking any of those jobs.
Every branch of work here pretty much scream for people, and still we have plenty of people sitting on their ass doing nothing but collect welfare. :cry:
I think if we could import the people we really need here, there would be 30 - 50.000 more Danes before long,,,,,, and we have over 100.000 not working now, mostly totally unskilled non educated people barely able to write their own language or for that matter Danish.
For this i of course blame the people we voted for last week, and then secondly myself for voting on those idiots.

Worst par is they are and will be making it harder to get into Denmark, and they will not distinguish between some guy from Africa with nothing but the dream to get out if his current nightmare, and any western nationality guy with a PHD or other degree in some skill we really need bad.
Personally i would fly people in for free that have a skill we need, and i will even set them up in a apartment that they can pay for with their new salary, and i will agree the non skilled dreamers from very different cultures, those we do need to put a damper on as decade of them failing to assimilate to Danish society have failed and this at a substantial cost.

CUZ we can not help anyone before we have helped our self,,,, thats pretty simple really, and i do want to help the less fortunate, but i can not give what i don't have. ( though for decades it was common for Denmark to borrow money in some bank and then give those money as aid to some poor African nation )

Last edited:
I see some ridiculous figures quoted by new drivers, but the wages have gone up a little. I worked for one who still claims a ridiculous average wage in ads, the only way they could come close to that is I think they figure in your insurance, paid vacation, and other benefits, and the cost of you using any company bathrooms during the year.
I never got close to 80% of what they claimed.

For somebody making $10 an hour, this is 'big' money, but once you reallize you give up most of your life to do it.....it's another story. If i hadn't made some financial mistakes I'd be retired 13 years ago, though. :)

@dash riposki :) We're all hoping the days go quickly and smoothly for you, but our forums are going to be a bit short of Pro Truckers once you're done :(

Haven't seen much from member "Sludgeguts" and his bus lately, plus member "SweedishTruckDriver" hasn't been around in a few years but he does keep his "Trucker Dashcam // Sweeden" youtube channel active (one of the nicest YT channels out there- everyone should give it a look). I don't think we've got anyone else driving any form of trucks for a living who is here very much other than you :rolleyes: And even if someone does show up they'll be hard pressed to catch up with what you've shared with us here.

Maybe @DashCamMan can lock your screenname into "Notable Members" under Best Truck Driver (y)

Phil

No, 'Retard.....RETIRED Trucker' is OK.

:)

I'll be around once I get something with wheels to put cams in, preferably something 'sporty'.

buffaloCart375.jpg

Good thing your drivers don't have to drive on our roads, I was following this guy last night and at the end of the video he turns off the big road and down a road that I would hesitate to drive my car down, and it's not exactly a small truck that he has! He does cut the corner getting into the small road, but then I would in my car too, not sure I could manage it without cutting the white line...

I think this dashcam could do with some image stabilisation!

Most of our narrower and tighter streets and roads are in the northeast, or major cities, and luckily they don't allow large trucks on them. Usually if you end up on a street like those in the video in the US, in a big truck, you are in trouble!
:)
(My favorite wayward trucker story is the dummy who followed his GPS through a public park, across a few pedestrian bridges, before getting stuck.)

I think the one I was following knew where he was going, and he did have the sense to bring a truck with rear wheel steering.

We do have problems with them following car satnavs instead of truck satnavs because car ones are slightly cheaper, but that can be an expensive cost saving - not my video:

Here's one who ended up on a bike path

These are the truckers you share the roads with now.

They wear driving gloves because the power steering you can operate with one finger is too hard on their dainty hands. (and they need the extra grip, one told me)

:rolleyes:

One can only wonder what made that trucker at the footbridge proceed that far, i mean really the narrow "road" he was diving up to that should have made some alarms go off.

A satnav once sent me offroad and onto a farmers dirt path along his fields, but after a few miles in my Mitsubishi pickup towing a trailer with my quad bike on it i did get back on a paved road.
But had i been driving a boy raver with low profile tires and maybe lowered a little and i would have been so screwed in a short time.
Google maps are bad, if you have motorways ON it will have you drives massive detours to get on one, have motorways OFF and you will go on the most weierd little roads and it also feel like "this is surely not the shortest route"

And they say technology make people smarter :rolleyes: BS i say.

Back