YouTube - What is going on ?

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
Anyone know why youtube is converting my 30FPS video into 10 FPS video ?

no, is there anything in "advanced settings" that you can try changing? I noticed on a few uploads it would only give me up to 360p in the quality selection on playback, but when I messed about in advanced settings, changing and un-changing things I know nothing about, eventually it'd give the 1080p setting, but I don't know anything about the fps being altered

Just out of general interest can you give a link to your 10 fps video to check how it works at my end of internet?

YouTube plays with settings a lot and it's not uncommon for a video uploaded at, say, 4K, to play at 720P for 10-20 seconds before reaching 4K. When traffic is heavy and your ISP is choking it's not uncommon to have the video playback at lower resolution and if you try to force it to the full resolution the playback will just kind of freeze. In most cases the problem is at the ISP level and not YT.

Brian

YouTube plays with settings a lot and it's not uncommon for a video uploaded at, say, 4K, to play at 720P for 10-20 seconds before reaching 4K. When traffic is heavy and your ISP is choking it's not uncommon to have the video playback at lower resolution and if you try to force it to the full resolution the playback will just kind of freeze. In most cases the problem is at the ISP level and not YT.

Brian
You're talking about resolution, not frame rate. As far as I know, the uploaded fps are not changed. I've downloaded videos that are only available in 480p and 360p resolutions and they're still 30 or 25fps.

Yeah, I've never seen the frame rate reduced, at least not that I could tell.

Brian

Yeah , I think it has something to do with the video encoding ...
But I have not changed my settings ( output ) for over a year .. ( ? ) So its something on youtubes side ..

I did another video and changed the file type , and it maintained 30FPS ... ( re encoded with ANY VIDEO CONVERTER )
So for some reason , Youtube does not like the output format of Video Pad ( ok its getting old )
So ? I may need a new video editor or play with the output settings ( Will try settings first )

Yeah , I think it has something to do with the video encoding ...
But I have not changed my settings ( output ) for over a year .. ( ? ) So its something on youtubes side ..

I did another video and changed the file type , and it maintained 30FPS ... ( re encoded with ANY VIDEO CONVERTER )
So for some reason , Youtube does not like the output format of Video Pad ( ok its getting old )
So ? I may need a new video editor or play with the output settings ( Will try settings first )
The first time I tried uploading a MP4 file YouTube warned me that the format was not the best for uploading, so I clicked on the help button to check what file types they considered to be the optimal ones for uploading. Since WMV was one of them and Movie Maker only outputs in MP4 or WMV, I started uploading in the latter. It's going to be 3 years next month since the first WMV file was uploaded and never had any problems with YT.

Last edited:
Y - I will need to encode into another format ... ( definitely )

Back