Z-Edge Z3 Plus Car Black Box Dashcam Review

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
Thank you to Z-Edge for sending me their dashcam to review.

Remember I am not a professional reviewer, I'm just the typical as they say "Joe Bloggs" - a person who may be in the market looking for a dashcam for the car.

The dashcam came well packaged in a strong box:

z01-M.jpg

This contained the camera, a nice long power lead with USB/12V plug (2 USB ports, nice that...) plus the suction window mount, cleaning cloth, instructions, quick start guide, a nice simple thank you leaflet, 4 cable tidies, and Kingston 32Gb memory card.

z02-M.jpg

The large looking camera has a plastic body with a diamond pattern, and houses an Amberella chip to give WDR enhanced night vision, recording at 2K 2560x1440 pixels with 145° viewing angle.

The underside of the camera contains the slot for the memory card located centrally, which gives easy access when you want to remove the card for either right or left hand drive vehicles. There is a reset button and the microphone here too.

z03-M.jpg

The top houses a the power button, power inlet, mini USB port, mini HDMI port and the threaded mounting hole for the suction mount (which screws in smoothly and reasonably tightly).

z04-M.jpg

The sides of the dashcam have the menu control buttons (Mode Switch, Menu, Video protect, and Up, Down, & OK buttons). These react to the touch with a small click, giving you access to the options on the 3" screen which is quite bright for viewing both in menu modes and for viewing live action/replays.

z06-M.jpg

The lens protrudes a short distance from the camera body, but has no facility to take a CPL filter.

z05-M.jpg

Menus are typical, and easy to read and navigate through - no need to describe the functions - they are standard for dashcams.

z07-M.jpg

z08-M.jpg

z09-M.jpg

The dashcam has a G-Sensor for collision detection recording, and Parking Mode which will turn on the camera and record for 30 seconds after motion is detected.

The screen can be set to go off after 1,3 or 5 minutes, or remain OFF.

You can adjust the HDR levels, especially useful for night recordings where you can get better views of license plates which otherwise can burn out.

The video you have recorded can have exposure control +/-2EV and the playback mode has adjustable volume settings which is a nice touch. The highest photo quality is 16mp in 4:3 mode.

The 32Gb card can hold 200 minutes of content and the card should be a class 10 type micro-SD.

The video is the test of course and I can safely report that the daytime video is very good with lots of clarity though I did see some chromatic aberration on the trees against bright sky, and with the Amberella chip, night time is very acceptable.

Available on Amazon.co.uk or Ebay.

A capable dashcam which will serve you pretty well, and certainly worth your consideration.

Last edited:
Back