Zeepin RS200 - anyone used one of these?

AdesTheShades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

This is my first post so if it's in the wrong section I apologise

I saw a possible bargain on eBay in the UK recently and ended up paying £7.00 for a camera which usually sells at over £30. The description on eBay was

"UKSTOCK ZEEPIN RS200 WiFi Hidden Dash Cam 1080P Car Driving Recorder NightVision "

I've attached a photo of an identical one.

The firmware is "TY811-323-V6.10 SZ-CZS-Vision Co.,Ltd. Novatek"

It comes with a hardware kit which I've patched into my fusebox (1 x ACC plus 1 x BATT) and I've attached it to a 3.5" reversion camera via the supplied connector as I don't want to use my mobile phone to configure it using wifi and FinalCam. It doesn't have an internal battery and the supplied manual is in broken English and appears to be for another model as the description of the buttons is different from the unit supplied.

The default language is Chinese but can easily be changed to English using the menu buttons on the camera itself but the settings aren't saved when I turn off the ignition - the camera resets to Chinese, the time is lost, the recording interval resets to 1 minutes etc etc. However, the date IS saved. I have tried a few "always-on" fuses so I am sure that power is being supplied to the camera when the ACC supply is off. To set up for each drive I have to connect via FinalCam which automatically sets the correct time and then reconfigure the recording interval which is a pain.

Is there a way around this? Am I missing something in the camera menu? There isn't a date/time option. What is the BATT power lead for if not to constantly supply power to the unit to save it's configuration settings??

I must say that I'm impressed with the quality of the recording on the SD card

Many thanks in advance!

Ades

Attachments

• Zeepin-RS200-WIFI-Car-Hidden-Dash-Cam-DVR-Novatek-1080P-HD-WDR-Automobiles-Car-Drive-Recorder....jpg
    Zeepin-RS200-WIFI-Car-Hidden-Dash-Cam-DVR-Novatek-1080P-HD-WDR-Automobiles-Car-Drive-Recorder....jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 8
Okay - he's some more info which may help someone in the future.

The date ISN'T retained when the power is off - my mistake. The BATT connection appears to be there to enable a Guard function in case of an impact when turned off - it's supposed to wake and record. Not tested yet...

As the stated Standby Current draw is only 6-12mA I have connected the ACC line to another Always On fuse and I'm turning the camera on and off with the controls on the camera itself. This retains date, time language etc so all good. My LCD screen sleeps when there's no signal so all good there too. And I can easily get to the camera to power line connector so I can isolate it to avoid draining the battery if the car is sitting around for a long period of time.

So I'm happy - not bad for £9 - less than Halfords charge for an Add-A-Fuse connector!

Ades

Back