Zenfox T3 recived

The cat in front of me.
Cat and truck.jpg

It could have been such a mess right there, and not just a flat black cat.

Out in the country side i feel a little like the front camera are not in class with MX 291, but i cant compare right now as i took out all my other cameras, so the Zenfox T3 and the K2S are the only cameras in my car.
GPS also seem to have improved a little, but it still look as if it freeze some times ( not dropping or increasing ), but the Mobius maxi have also been off all day, i will turn that on again tomorrow, and maybe move it way Right on the windscreen.
One of the days i will take the T3 off tis mount and put it on my dashboard with the right side up, just to see if GPS performance is better when away from the dotted area on the top of my windscreen.
Also no unplayable clips in all my driving yesterday, i have no idea how i forced that on day #1 but i will keep experimenting.

I do however have a feeling some changes i make with the phone APP are not saved in the camera, though when i make the change it say successful, for instance i am pretty sure every day i have selected to only have speed in the footage and not coordinates too.

Last edited:
Out in the country side i feel a little like the front camera are not in class with MX 291,
If you are watching on a 1080 monitor, in the dark it will quite likely have more motion blur, but if you zoom in and use the extra resolution, you will find that it reads more plates because there is less motion blur when the plates are beyond the distance the 1080 IMX291 sensor can see. The IMX 291 will only win properly when you are turning a corner in the dark.

Yes i think i am just deluding myself, just from memory it feel like my IMX 291 camera had more of the surroundings to see.
Yes i am on a 108p monitor.
Driving in town at night with the ambient light there i dont really feel like the 1440p sensor do worse then the 1080p IMX 291, so it is most likely just me.
I will get new cameras to compare to the T3 soon enough, but for now i am enjoying the T3 alone.

I seem to have some problems making changes made with the APP stick to the camera.
For instance tonight waiting at the car wash i turned camera wifi on - connected with my phone and then the APP, made some changes and started a recording with the phone.
Drove thru the washing machine, pulled over after that and turned off my car with the key - waited a few minutes and then turned car on again.
And again i turned on camera wifi - connected phone and APP, only to see the changes i made before the car wash was back to what they where before i changed them.

I put G sensor from low to off - change LCD time out to 5 minutes - disable WDR - ASO

I am wondering if there are some procedure to make the APP changes stick when you have used the APP to make changes, i seem to have tried make changes and start recording on APP and then later turn off car with key.
Maybe i should try to turn off the camera with the button on the side.

Yes the colors are strong if they got moderated a bit down the road i would not complain, but this is just preliminary observations not something i have looked close at yet.
The grass are green in Denmark, but a bit darker green i feel.

Is it me or does that night video with the truck look overly saturated?
Human eyes would not see it like that, but our colour vision does not work at night.
It would be reasonable for it to show a similar saturation at night as during the day.

I think the green is too green mainly because of the way the light is coming through the grass from the truck headlights, and the grass is probably covered in condensation, saturation is not far from correct.

The T3 record 4 full 3 min file while in the car wash, and a assumed 1.5 minutes after that and driving a few M from the car wash and pull over, but these last 1.5 min or so are corrupted files that can not play.
Then after my stop and start after the car wash, and me making changes again with the APP my drive home are all recorded perfect.

T3 corrupt #2.jpg

The zenfox T3 do not seem to like my kingston card, on my recent drive, it recorded just fine the drive to the gas station but the last files in that session ( arriving at gas station can not play )
And just about 15 minutes after that, but then it stopped and the last 5 minutes or so of my drive are not recorded, but in this case the last files from front and inside camera are playable, but the rear camera file are missing.

I use the stock settings ( default settings + reset hardware before drive ) i only change to HVEC codec - LCD screen time of 5 minutes - G sensor to off - parking mode low bitrate - parking timer 2 hours - max bitrate

For my next drive shortly i will change to another memory card, ii think the kingston endurance might have problems with the T3, so will keep these settings but just change the 1 parameter the memory card.

Kingston enduramce card issue.jpg

For my next drive shortly i will change to another memory card, ii think the kingston endurance might have problems with the T3, so will keep these settings but just change the 1 parameter the memory card.
And FAT32? Since Zenfox now says FAT32 only.

The card was formatted on PC to ex fat last night, but i formatted it again in the camera today before use, and the card are now fat 32 alright.
The camera dont automatic have a popup to format the card, so i assume you could proceed with a ex fat card, but i always format in camera with new cards.
The order today was.
start car with card in camera.
stop recording
enter menu and format memory card
stay in menu and reset to default
exit menu
stop recording
press reset hardware button
camera reboot, stop recording, enter menu, make changes to settings, exit menu camera start to record
start first drive session

Okay more to report in, the next card i tried was a 128 GB Trancend premium 400 X, but it also appear to be no good with corrupted last files in a drive session ( not all drive sessions ) and also just sudden stop of recording in the middle of a session.
So i think its also safe to rule that one out.
The card was of course also formatted to fat 32 in the camera.

Next card in line will be a 128 GB Silicon power elite, though i dont have high hopes for it.
128g-01.jpg

I will probably take a spin with that one in a few hours, but now i think i deserve a little R&R in front of the computer.

I am wondering there are no alarms in the events of write failure, maybe not implemented yet or the SOC do not support that.

I am wondering there are no alarms in the events of write failure, maybe not implemented yet or the SOC do not support that.

Not a common feature yet, but we are seeing it more. Like supercaps it should happen with all dashcams.

Phil

It should beep if it has a card write problem while driving, I have heard mine do that in the past.

How are you powering it? Using the supplied adaptor?

Okay more to report in, the next card i tried was a 128 GB Trancend premium 400 X, but it also appear to be no good with corrupted last files in a drive session ( not all drive sessions ) and also just sudden stop of recording in the middle of a session.
So i think its also safe to rule that one out.
The card was of course also formatted to fat 32 in the camera.

Next card in line will be a 128 GB Silicon power elite, though i dont have high hopes for it.
128g-01.jpg

I will probably take a spin with that one in a few hours, but now i think i deserve a little R&R in front of the computer.
I've actually had pretty good luck with these cards.

Work in a dual channel system, but maybe 3 will trip it up.
yes i am using everything in the box.
I only hear startup and shut down chimes, and button beeps when i use those.

It look like the Zenfox T3 like the Silicon power elite memory card, i just driven the same trip around town as i have already done 2 times today.
But unlike the other 2 memory cards tested the SP elite memory card have not missed a beat or produced a single corrupted file (y) and i have of course done the same stops along the route. ( 3 )
So this card will go on to a longer test in the car, so it is what i will be driving with in the days to come.

BTW i found out if you long press the OK button you get to see satellite information.

O and BTW i just looked over the entire drive from the front camera perspective, it seem like my GPS issue have evaporated with the resetting of the camera this morning :cool:(y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sendoh_dash Zenfox 3
rcg530 Zenfox 12
kamkar Zenfox 7
R Zenfox 80
R Zenfox 4
Back