Zenfox T3 recived

I'm having issues with recording; files seem to be from a few seconds to a minute long only and might stop recording afterwards and retry recording and so on. Using a Sandisk Endurance 128gb card. Video playback on the recorded clips are extremely choppy (slow, dropping frames, etc.)

Sandisk High Endurance??? Or which card? Hopefully not the High Endurance as I just ordered a Sandisk 256GB High Endurance!

Sandisk High Endurance??? Or which card? Hopefully not the High Endurance as I just ordered a Sandisk 256GB High Endurance!
Yes, Sandisk High Endurance 128gb and Samsung Pro Endurance 64gb; both cards recording at like 1 fps, the camera is extremely hot.

Right now I have a Samsung Pro 64gb and reset the camera, changed to low bitrate and going to check it out in a bit to see if that still records at like 1 fps. Parking mode is obviously off. Not sure if I received a bad unit or all my cards are not compatible with it. Had no issues with any of these cards in the Viofo A129 Pro dual channel.

Edit: yikes... Even with the Samsung Pro (the white/silver one, not endurance) 64gb with low bitrate set, the camera is still recording at 1 fps basically. Anyone have any ideas? I'm out of ideas to try at the moment.

Last edited:
Yes, Sandisk High Endurance 128gb and Samsung Pro Endurance 64gb; both cards recording at like 1 fps, the camera is extremely hot.

Right now I have a Samsung Pro 64gb and reset the camera, changed to low bitrate and going to check it out in a bit to see if that still records at like 1 fps. Parking mode is obviously off. Not sure if I received a bad unit or all my cards are not compatible with it. Had no issues with any of these cards in the Viofo A129 Pro dual channel.

Edit: yikes... Even with the Samsung Pro (the white/silver one, not endurance) 64gb with low bitrate set, the camera is still recording at 1 fps basically. Anyone have any ideas? I'm out of ideas to try at the moment.

I won't have my SD card til later in the week. Hardwire kit arrives tomorrow. Make sure the Parking Timer is set to OFF. And also Parking Mode disabled.

Reset button on the side and then default settings in the menu.

I'm having issues with recording; files seem to be from a few seconds to a minute long only and might stop recording afterwards and retry recording and so on. Using a Sandisk Endurance 128gb card. Video playback on the recorded clips are extremely choppy (slow, dropping frames, etc.)
Try resetting your camera to factory settings and after that try pushing the resset button in the side using a pin or a toothpick for a couple of seconds. Then try re configuring to your desired values. Also, always format your card in the camera even if you have done it in the computer.

Reset button on the side and then default settings in the menu.

Try resetting your camera to factory settings and after that try pushing the resset button in the side using a pin or a toothpick for a couple of seconds. Then try re configuring to your desired values. Also, always format your card in the camera even if you have done it in the computer.

I've done that already when I swapped to the Samsung Pro Endurance 64gb. I always format the cards in the camera. No luck with the unit.

have you tried reading your files on a different computer? or have you tried reviewing your files directly from your camera with your phone using the app just to see if the playback is doing the same? I hope you didn't receive a defective camera. Hopefully Zenfox reads your reports and giver you some suggestions on how to solve the issue.

have you tried reading your files on a different computer? or have you tried reviewing your files directly from your camera with your phone using the app just to see if the playback is doing the same? I hope you didn't receive a defective camera. Hopefully Zenfox reads your reports and giver you some suggestions on how to solve the issue.

Excellent suggestion. Played it on my Galaxy Tab S6 (android tablet) and playback was actually fine. Quite surprise my MacBook Pro wasn't able to play the footage smoothly. Any footage I tried were at 1 fps basically when I played it on my MacBook Pro.

Now the question is why were there so many missing clips and video recording length wasn't the full 3 minute it was set to, as well as one of the three cameras didn't record anything.
1592191508623.png

Reactions: EGS
Excellent suggestion. Played it on my Galaxy Tab S6 (android tablet) and playback was actually fine. Quite surprise my MacBook Pro wasn't able to play the footage smoothly. Any footage I tried were at 1 fps basically when I played it on my MacBook Pro.

Now the question is why were there so many missing clips and video recording length wasn't the full 3 minute it was set to, as well as one of the three cameras didn't record anything.
View attachment 52137
Your Mac is provably using the incorrect codec for MP4 files and you probably need to load the correct one.
Now, as for the missing clips, there are other people reporting the same or similar issues but haven't determined yet wether there is a card compatibility issue or a firmware bug in the camera. Do you have any other cards that you can use for more testing? Maybe an A1 rated as Nigel had suggested.

Your Mac is provably using the incorrect codec for MP4 files and you probably need to load the correct one.
Now, as for the missing clips, there are other people reporting the same or similar issues but haven't determined yet wether there is a card compatibility issue or a firmware bug in the camera. Do you have any other cards that you can use for more testing? Maybe an A1 rated as Nigel had suggested.

VLC player is recommended for both mac and windows for optimal playback.

I'll try different cards each time going on a drive. My main card was the Sandisk High Endurance 128gb, but have a few Samsung cards like Pro Endurance, Pro, and Evo+.

I'll try different cards each time going on a drive. My main card was the Sandisk High Endurance 128gb, but have a few Samsung cards like Pro Endurance, Pro, and Evo+.
I have been using the Evo plus today and it did good with no errors, but I won't hold my breath too long as things could change anytime. I will continue to use it and report any changes as they come. Still I'm looking at getting a Sandisk with A1 classification for testing soon.

For the playback issue, you could try switching the camera to H265 mode, Apple products seem to do much better with that codec. Long press the menu button to switch and a new icon appears on screen.

For the missing clips, you seem to have front files but no interior files some of the time, how did you manage that?

This cam does seem to be quite particular about cards it likes- has anyone yet found one which doesn't drop clips, lose cams intermittently, or give corrupt last files yet? If not, the issue(s) might not be card-related :rolleyes:

Phil

This cam does seem to be quite particular about cards it likes- has anyone yet found one which doesn't drop clips, lose cams intermittently, or give corrupt last files yet? If not, the issue(s) might not be card-related :rolleyes:

Phil
On my two 30 minute drives yesterday, all but 6 files are exactly 1 minute long (quick check by sorting by length in windows file browser) and the other 6 are all from the camera turning off at the end of each drive, all play correctly, although windows file browser shows that one of the front view files has 1 extra second on shutdown. I'm using a cheap, non-brand name, but A1 rated card.

I suspect that the problems are generally not memory card caused, some of the cameras have something else going on, maybe consuming too much processing power at times.

You could say mine drop clips, but when it do, it do so for the remainder of that drive session. ( not factoring in the 1 or 2 of the 3 files that some times are missing at the end of a session )
I am testing with the highers bitrates, that is what i would want to use, and it is what i would recommend others to use.
I am going for a short ride soon, have a bill to pay for the service of my car, and my bank is half way to the gas station so i might as well swing past it to see if any pretty girls are working today.

It is another clear skies summer day in Denmark today :cool: right now its 24 deg C outside and it should top out with 26 in a few hours, unlike yesterday barely any wind today.

It is as if the camera are able to some times trip itself up so it fall over, maybe some timings can be loosened so the camera have a little more wiggle room when working.
My camera dont feel that hot, but ejecting the memory card after a drive it sure is hot alright.

I have tried to move my 12 V plug from 1 set of outlets in my glove box to another, i could also try the in dash outlet, but i dont think that will be any different.

I assume the SOC in this one are of Chinese origin ( hisilicon ) it dont look AMBA or NT based.

I have tried to move my 12 V plug from 1 set of outlets in my glove box to another, i could also try the in dash outlet, but i dont think that will be any different.

I assume the SOC in this one are of Chinese origin ( hisilicon ) it dont look AMBA or NT based.
The 12V source wont make any difference, only the power adaptor - you could try another power adaptor, or a powerbank, just to check...

The SOC is Novatek, same one as A129 Pro.

It is, menus just feel different, but then again i never had a viofo so compared to those it might be the same.

I am thinking about another power adapter, and i will do that the second there is problems with the new memory cards i have in route from Amazon in Germany.

Most Novatek menus look similar since they all use the same SDK, takes a bit of effort for a manufacturer to put their own style on a camera!
Blueskysea B2W menus also look very similar.

The Zenfox does look a bit different because it has two seperate tabs of menu, it also sounds a bit different.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sendoh_dash Zenfox 3
rcg530 Zenfox 12
kamkar Zenfox 7
R Zenfox 80
R Zenfox 4
Back