Zenfox T3 recived

Seems more like nobody is ruling, the White House has given up and have left responsibility to the state governors, the state governors are failing to do anything useful and are leaving responsibility to the city mayors, the city mayors don't have the expertise or resources to be able to cope so are demanding the federal government provide help, Trump is saying it will all disappear in 2 or 3 weeks and is doing nothing other than prevent the experts from helping.

The virus will sort it all out, most of the country is getting close to herd immunity, so it will start to die away soon, except Texas which still has some way to go and needs a serious lockdown about 2 weeks ago.
I agree, it is an absolute disaster.

In some states some people feel restrictions are a huge grasp on their personal freedom, and i will not dismiss that all together as a person who have a Texan living deep inside of me.
BUT ! i must also remind those people, that freedom are often paid for with lives, then and now, and in the future.

In some states some people feel restrictions are a huge grasp on their personal freedom, and i will not dismiss that all together as a person who have a Texan living deep inside of me.
BUT ! i must also remind those people, that freedom are often paid for with lives, then and now, and in the future.
everytime I hear someone bitching and complaining that their constitutional rights are being violated, my eyes not only want to roll backwards but opposite of each other. Restrictions are meant to temporarily not permanent and are meant for a common goal. But guess who are those that are bitching and complaining about and for what purpose? Most know it, it is quite evident and it is truly embarrassing just to think about it.

BUT, that is not necessary, just need to hold out until a vaccine is ready and all the lives can be saved.

Unfortunately USA, having done a deal to get the Oxford vaccine if they provided 30,000 test subjects, appears to have decided not to start testing until after the USA Moderna vaccine has started testing, presumably for political reasons, the Moderna vaccine ran into safety problems so has delayed testing, which seems to have also delayed the Oxford testing, so the USA is going to end up without a vaccine when one could have been available. There is going to be a big fuss when UK, Brazil and South Africa complete our tests and we start immunising people, and the USA has failed to approve the vaccine for USA use so the USA population will still be dying even more unnecessarily!

Yes.
In Texas at least if "they" try to make such things permanent, people can do something about it.
As a Dane you have the right to write a strongly worded letter to a newspaper ( that here also have their own agendas )
Danes have completely signed over everything to the government, i dont get that and feel i am suffocating, and still i will not just leave it as i am so often told when i dare to complain.
Okay if i won a nice stash of lotto money i would probably be out of here ASAP, but thats also my only option, i am too old and decreed to move and get a job and i dont want to live in a cardboard box.
So i can only soldier on, and buy a lotto ticket now and then and hope for the best.

The Danish vaccine was in the news again today, proceeding to monkey trails and most likely human trials by the end of the year.
The mouse seemed to develop a lot of resistance, which is good as there are signs of even if you had the damn thing the defense you get from that are just a small one.

Also a museum for happiness opened here today. ( in our bat crap crazy capitol of course )
And other Danish scientists looking at why laundry dried on a cloathing line in the sun are so much better, even saw mentioning in major American newspapers.

And other Danish scientists looking at why laundry dried on a cloathing line in the sun are so much better,
I've always assumed that it was due to the wind. What was their answer?

Okay so i performed my drive today with the same settings as my flawless drive yesterday, and of course still using the not so well suited Kingston memory card.
And also today the T3 did not miss a beat, other than 1 failure to start recording on the start of a short drive shopping for my mom, and that is just due to me forgetting to set a boot delay as that clear out that problem.

I am so happy now i have the T3 in working settings so i am not going to change anything, at least not before i get the new memory card, which i might test to see if that then work with more for me normal settings ( 3 minute video files )

No dropped cameras - no files corrupted, it is pretty much working as a dashcam should work
There is the boot delay i have to use, something i normally dont use, and then the 10 min files where i normally use 3 minutes.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it working also. Now we just need to hear from Zenfox, hear their opinions as well as what is coming up next with FW beta releases in the near future.

Yes and with a not suited brand of memory card ( i have been using a Kingston endurance for many months but in a SG9663DC camera that are another SOC model )
But is is funny using the same settings but low bitrate the camera did stop recording once, but putting the bitrate pedal to the metal with maximum bitrate fixed that, and really i would not have expected that.
The new memory card on order i should be able to pickup on Friday, and Friday i again have to visit my mother, and also my friend as he have been a naughty boy and accumulated lots of stuff for me to work on.

It is a bit funny looking at the memory card having been using 10 minute file length, when i an used to use 3 minutes and so get substantially more files to deal with.
I am actually beginning to like this 10 minute stuff.

I am actually beginning to like this 10 minute stuff.
One reason I don't use long file length is because if something happens with the file and gets corrupted, then there are 10 minutes lost of evidence gone. I prefer smaller sized chunks as they are more manageable.

Well, tell your friend he needs to behave better. One way is to have some good beer handy at the job site ;)

Yup and given the potential for intermittent file corruption on shutdown, I've stuck with 1 minute segments which results in a LOT of files when parking mode is in use. However, if there is an accident that somehow cuts power to the camera, I'd rather not risk losing the one crucial file that can unequivocally explain the situation. While it might seem like a lot to deal with, I just let freefilesync copy it to the backup drive and go on with my normal activities, so it doesn't really matter if it's 50 or 500 files.

KuoH

One reason I don't use long file length is because if something happens with the file and gets corrupted, then there are 10 minutes lost of evidence gone. I prefer smaller sized chunks as they are more manageable.

hehe none of us drink, or that is on new years evening we do, and this year also on Saint Johns eve, starting at sunset on 23 June ( we also worked hard that day cutting up trees felled last year and such, and in our age just looking at a chain saw is hard )
The new project is building a staircase to the top of the container, which will be from where drivers steer their off road cars around his track ( so thats mostly brain work )
Also have to explain to him how i envision the deck for people to stand on as the container are a bit deformed, and also have to put a railing on so people dont fall off the damn thing, even if suing for things like that are not really a option in Denmark.

Something like this but on top of a container.
HwpO2XsqlL1Kin4X66IWYXWsgRRoudy04TPCi-n5nfxw6TrGti7XelAl50IhRlgVKRNK1IQKWYQHUnHl8E9_WFKgZuIpANiWxRlRChSTfFcwsA9WCA

O and there are more G scale track in the mail, so got +100 M of that to put down too, so we can get the big trains running again.

So i picked up my A2 branded Adata card today ( ADATA Premier Pro V30S ) , put it in the camera, formatted it, changed to 3 minute video segments, and set off.

And around 5-10 minutes the camera stop recording :censored:

Now it might be possible the Premier Pro V30S card card from Adata are like the Kingston and not well suited, but if that is the case and the T3 are so picky about memory cards, Zenfox should make a list of approved memory cards and attach that to their sales listings ASAP.

I have changed to 10 min settings upon arriving home so that will probably fix that problem, but i wont know for sure before my drive later today, right now i am being the good boy and are washing my own clothe in lieu of not having a GF / wife to do that for me. :)

And of course i really want to use 3 minute videos just like i always have.

Also i have not installed that FW that popped up on the Zenfox page yesterday.

The ADATA Premier Pro V30S memory card is something i would advise dashcam users to look at, as it have warranty for dashcam use, and today i think you should go for that as a dashcam owner.

Okay just returned from a lengthy test drive with the Adata card, and with the settings that work i have made 8.5 10 minute files with not a single problem.
Same settings and memory card but just 3 minute files, and the camera stop after 4-5 files, and then after that stop after every new file.

Clearly ( well i feel anyway ) novatek need to get some fixing going, cuz i think this is outside the hands of Zenfox.

So ended the good vibes, on my drive today with the same hardware and settings as yesterday i am back to normal, meaning the camera will record a few 10 minute segments just fine, but then stop for every new segment after that.
BUT ! there was one major change today VS the past two days where the T3 have performed well, and that is today are 4-5 deg C warmer ( 22 deg C ), and a lot more and larger blue gaps in between the clouds.

So i am inclined to think there also is a thermal bug / problem of some sorts.

Could it be due to a lack of emi shielding? I think you said that you didn't put the cable shielding back, possibly the GPS is having issues again and that is causing problems for the firmware. Check the emi shielding is all earthed.

Talking about the GPS. don't know if that is the cause of his issues stopping recording but I don't understand why the emi shield of that module has a hole on it on the bottom side. I did put a piece of aluminum tape (the kind you use on HVAC duct systems) on mine to reduce the possibility of emi interference and so far I haven't seen GPS issues like I had seen before. I still check all GPS data to see if problem returns in the future.
20200711_203654.jpg20200717_103714.jpg

I dont think so, it behaved just the same before i took it apart, and besides yesterday it was flawless, only change today is warmer weather, and today the memory card filled up, maybe that is the problem now.
So i will format the memory card before my next drive, and then take a detour cuz normally my drives are just 30 - 40 min, driving a full hour or more are not normal for me, but i have to do that using 10 min files to see if it get past the normal of just doing 4-5 files before starting to stop recording.

Yesterday i did 8.5 files of 10 min each in my flawless drive in 17-18 deg C temperatures.

But i cant just do that kind of testdrives every day, that i can only afford if i was on a bicycle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sendoh_dash Zenfox 3
rcg530 Zenfox 12
kamkar Zenfox 7
R Zenfox 80
R Zenfox 4
Back