Zenfox T3 recived

a little video from drive last evening, i ran out of tarmac for a while.

gps work fine for me in the past days

Denmark dont have a corn belt, its all corn when you get out of town, or at least some crop.

O and BTW those foul smelling pig farms, and problematic things like ammonia and methane ASO in their waste, well Danish scientists are fixing that and soon a pig farm will smell better than your house after you or the wife have spent all day cleaning it.

And seeing as we are the worlds #1 pig country,,,,,,, well who ever than us should fix that problem.

Just a little FYI.

After i drilled more ventilation holes in the T3 housing, i also connected up the microphone again.
I cant say i have noticed any audio degradation as a result of me not having the EMI tape on the camera ribbons connected to the central EMI shield / heat sink.

Camera have also performed just fine today, and it was even 25 degrees here so first summer day in July in my neck of the woods but it was also just a 40 min or so drive and in 2 parts.
But as the memory card are not full i dident expect anything else, i dont think it is heat that are my problem under normal driving conditions.

I will probably put the new FW on the T3 tomorrow.

With the latest FW from the zenfox home page my camera now seem to perform as it should using 3 minute segment size and then mostly default settings other than time zone +2
I will take a look at changing to other settings some / most users would probably like to try out, so bitrates and H.265 encoding.

After i drilled more ventilation holes in the T3 housing, i also connected up the microphone again.
I cant say i have noticed any audio degradation as a result of me not having the EMI tape on the camera ribbons connected to the central EMI shield / heat sink.
shouldn't expect any issues with audio from this anyway

No audio seem fine, it is not a major focus point in dashcams for me, so all i can say im happy with it.

I dont think so, it behaved just the same before i took it apart, and besides yesterday it was flawless, only change today is warmer weather, and today the memory card filled up, maybe that is the problem now.
So i will format the memory card before my next drive, and then take a detour cuz normally my drives are just 30 - 40 min, driving a full hour or more are not normal for me, but i have to do that using 10 min files to see if it get past the normal of just doing 4-5 files before starting to stop recording.

Yesterday i did 8.5 files of 10 min each in my flawless drive in 17-18 deg C temperatures.

But i cant just do that kind of testdrives every day, that i can only afford if i was on a bicycle.
up

So we weren't making up the heat issues ;). Don't Worry, Nigel will tell us all about the UK and how his unit functions perfectly!

No audio seem fine, it is not a major focus point in dashcams for me, so all i can say im happy with it.

Both @EGS and I removed the tape from our modded versions. Nothing remotely abnormal happened from removing that tape. I think you've just joined our Overheating Club. Welcome aboard.

shouldn't expect any issues with audio from this anyway

@jokiin I think this may have been asked, but excuse my senility. Do we know what manufacturer @Zenfox_Official has employed for making his T3s? Any idea about whether this manufacturer is reputable and known for quality or has Zenfox used some low budget outfit to create and manufacture his cameras?

@jokiin I think this may have been asked, but excuse my senility. Do we know what manufacturer @Zenfox_Official has employed for making his T3s? Any idea about whether this manufacturer is reputable and known for quality or has Zenfox used some low budget outfit to create and manufacture his cameras?
I know where the product comes from originally, I don't know if the tooling is a shared model though, if it's available to others they could have done it with a different factory (that's not something which is necessarily good or bad so don't read too much into that), it's not something I've followed so I don't know who they're dealing with

Changed to H.265 a few days ago, and the T3 are soldiering on just fine.
I think tomorrow i will try and change to another bitrate.

Okay it seem like i might have been a tad too optimistic, apparently the T3 can still stop recording ( funny enough i can hear on the T3 own recording the alarm sound though the camera do record again ( stop recording at 18:07 and then start recording again at 18:30 and now with the alarm beep going )

Making a change to bitrate today from maximum to high, and then getting home and inspecting my recordings up close i have found one case of the camera stopping

I will mix the 3 files up and post here along with pic of file structure, again it make one of those 1 second files before it stop recording.

T3 stop 27072020.jpg

Be advised where the video start again, its not like i have been parked, i am just turning around there to go to the pizza joint further up the street.
I have speed up the first part 10 X as nothing happen there the first 3 min file and the 1 second stop file are good, then a X minute file at the end where the camera is beeping but recording.

This was with the extreme bitrate and 3 minute segment size, and using my Adata A2 memory card.

I put the new FW on the camera on the 19 of this month, and the oldest footage on the card now are from the 21, there are 3 cases of the camera stopping like that, but only the first one in the video above have the camera starting to record again whine it beep the alarm.

Really on the T3 the alarm are far too low, it is very easy to overhear it in my little car, and i dont have the radio going or the ventilator at high / noisy speed.
ALARM sounds should be very LOUD.

Last edited:
I don't think that is an overheating issue. Never heard mine beeping like that not even when it overheated and stopped recording in the past. The beeps I've heard before are in a different pattern.
Anyway. The only one that can tell us for sure what that beep code means is viofox

I agree i also dont think it is heat, barely any sun today and temperatures far from summer.
On the recording the beeping sound loud but it is very hard to hear in my camera.

That teeny tiny speaker is too weak. A buzzer of that size can be way louder. I have an old camera that not longer work and thinking of swapping the speaker from that one.

I agree i also dont think it is heat, barely any sun today and temperatures far from summer.
On the recording the beeping sound loud but it is very hard to hear in my camera.

Overheating id indicated by the cameras dropping out and then after a point, failure to record. So if you first notice the interior camera gone, then rear camera afterwards, and finally front, that's overheating. Or if you notice interior missing and then later on camera stops recording.

Your issue could still be memory card related.

someone mentioned having luck with sandisk endurance ( i assume the white ones ) that also dont work for me.

Okay i have driven some days with the bitrate lowered to high, and that seem the same, so still at times the camera stop recording ( no beeping ) with 2 channels saved 1 second from the Front and Internal cameras, the rear camera do not get saved when the camera stop like that.
I have not been able to find any example of the camera starting to record on its own later on, the cases i have now the camera stop mid drive, and then 20 min or so later i set off from some place where i have been stopped.
I am using still default values aside for +2 for time zone - extreme and for this session high bitrate, and H.265 encode, and of course the Adata A2 memory card.

My 1/2 hour drive on Friday morning, well the drive to the gas station are saved, and about 3 minutes after i set off from there, but the rest of the drive ( 90 % ) are gone, and the next drive is me driving home again Saturday evening around midnight.

Last edited:
someone mentioned having luck with sandisk endurance ( i assume the white ones ) that also dont work for me.

I use the Sandisk High Endurance in my T3. Never had an issue. My issues all revolve around heat problems and not the card itself. Also tried a Sandisk A2 Extreme without issue but didn't run longterm. Only tested when I was trying to see if the overheating was the fault of camera or sd card. Then resorted back to the High Endurance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sendoh_dash Zenfox 3
rcg530 Zenfox 12
kamkar Zenfox 7
R Zenfox 80
R Zenfox 4
Back