Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

Zenfox_Official

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
T3
We are a new dash cam brand "Zenfox" and sincerely invite you to review our new product---Zenfox T3 3CH triple channel dash cam(1440P+1080P+1080P)
You can check the product details in our website www.zenfox.com
The free test quantity is limited, please contact us if you are interested.

Welcome to the forum Zenfox.

Interesting looking product, sadly i am not able to test designs like that unless i take off my mirror as i otherwise would have to mount it lower on the windscreen, and that would be illegal in Denmark.
But thank you for coming in here and drop the offer, i am also sure some of our members would be interested in taking a closer look at your product.

Interesting looking product, sadly i am not able to test designs like that unless i take off my mirror...
This one is designed to look over the top of the mirror, which it does surprisingly well in many cars.

Only problem is if there isn't enough room behind the mirror to fit the camera, it is thicker than most, so if the mirror is close to the glass then the only choice is to put it beside the mirror, but since it is reasonably narrow, that actually works quite well.

IMX335 + IMX307 + IMX291 - it is a good camera, maybe best for Uber drivers who want a good solid camera that covers everything, rather than something small and hidden.

Reactions: gse
Yes, and i can also see my cameras over the mirror, but as my mirror are so far back from the windscreen i still fear it will be in the way to a large degree.
I think in my car if you measure horizontal from the bottom of my mirror and to the windscreen you will have 30 - 35 CM
Even at the top of the windscreen if you go back to the mirror stalk it is something like 20 CM
img_20180414_143906-jpg.37474

img_20180412_191951-jpg.37451

And it also are not that much space i have above the mirror for the camera to look thru.
img_20180414_143857-jpg.37475

I do think in my car if mounted where i always mount cameras, there will still be 10 - 15 Cm from the front of the cabin lens to the mirror stalk, and you will have to offset it to either side to not have the mirror stalk too much in the footage.

I could of course just take my mirror out like when i tested the B2W, that is after all not illegal to do in Denmark, but i am soon putting in a LCD mirror and reversing camera, so that would have to wait then, cuz that snap on to the mirror and i assume lake the mirror a tiny bit taller and wider too + the wires for it.
And i would not like to be without the mirror for long, but a few months like i did wit the B2W was okay from the perspective of not having mirror.
The reason i put in LCD mirror and reversing camera is that turning my body are getting more and more problematic as age eat me up.

Yes sensors used look to be a good combination. (y)

I do think in my car if mounted where i always mount cameras, there will still be 10 - 15 Cm from the front of the cabin lens to the mirror stalk, and you will have to offset it to either side to not have the mirror stalk too much in the footage.
there's a lot of cars it wouldn't suit, for Uber/Taxi usage though it's probably more acceptable

Well if i was a uber driver i would for sure like to have camera warning stickers and a camera customers will see, that will probably work well for most customers, and the really hardcore ones you cant do nothing about as soon as they are inside of your car, and camera or not.

Later today i will try and take the GT off the mount and reverse and flip it in the hand and hold it up to a approximate of where this would be if i put it in the place of the GT ( offest to the R side of the mirror )
That should give me some indication of what to expect.

Later today i will try and take the GT off the mount and reverse and flip it in the hand and hold it up to a approximate of where this would be if i put it in the place of the GT ( offest to the R side of the mirror )
That should give me some indication of what to expect.
kind of, this one is bigger than it looks in the pictures

The lens is about 5cm from the glass, although you could of course add some sort of spacer between the glass and camera.

Just having my #2 breakfast now, after it i will go to the car, do some measurements, and a dummy run with the GT65EX as a stand in, just to see what i can do with the mirror in the car.
I still think i might have to remove the mirror if i get to give this model a spin, but that's okay too it is after all just 2 screws holding the mirror.

I like it have Up / Down - Left / Right adjustment on the front lens, though the lens assembly look rather large in the pictures, how about CPL filter i assume it will have to be a larger one VS what you normally see.
Cabin camera and rear camera look like designs known from wedge cameras already.

I am wondering if cabin camera are on a wire / flex connector inside the housing, having a hard time seeing a long PCB in there, but of course a short one.
Also assume GPS are in the mount as some cameras have it.

it is after all just 2 screws holding the mirror.
Maybe you could extend the mirror arm so that it is lower, although I think it may be OK anyway.
I guess the cabin cam is on a ribbon cable, but I think it is best left in place.
GPS is built in, not in the mount.

Yes not going to mod anything, you cant do that with test cameras, just seem reasonable to have a 50 - 75 mm ribbon cable in there instead of a large PCB
I hope the day /night function are with a active IR cut filter.

Okay it was not really as bad as i expected, though something do worry me.
And that is the IR light on the cabin camera, as the back of my mirror will be in frame a good deal, maybe the camera will select a less optimal setting with all the light hitting the mirror backside close by.
Mesured horizontal from the top of my mirror to the windscreen i have about 26 CM.
The gap between the top of my mirror and the headliner are 6 CM.

IMG_20200521_173503.jpg

So this mean there will still be around 20 CM from the cabin camera lens to my mirror.
But the camera i can see in my test will be able to see the entire cabin, or at least the faces of everyone in the car, with the mirror in place from the chest down are obscured.

I made a test with my GT65EX ( forgive the upside down image ) but you can actually see more than i expected even with the camera just a little offset on the windscreen, but in the video as you can see i move it further right to the inner of the two sunshade "hinges"

At least for a few days i will have to remove my mirror to get the full unhindered view of the cabin to be able to demo what it really can do.

Moving the camera to the Left side might only be a little bit better as my mirror are at a angle so the distance between camera lens and mirror will be a little smaller, but personally i dont think that will make any significant changes.

So if Zenfox want me to give it a spin i think i can make it work as intended, and with the mirror removed i can also make cabin footage in all its glory.
But now my cards are on the table, so i will leave it to Zenfox to decide if they think i can make something good with their product.

If so my GT65EX will have to go, but it will soon anyway, it have been functioning flawless for 2 years, and it is a camera i can endorse with no problem ( my experience and the brand service level )

Interesting lens placement. My rear view mirror sits rather low, which did not work well with the B2W. However I get the impression that this internal camera would be able to look over the top of my mirror.

I would like to give it a try but I'm afraid it could end up seating too low obstructing some of the view and perhaps making it ilegal... but there is no knowing unless someone tries.

I can see where the idea of the cabin cam looking over the mirror makes sense, but the thickness goes against that. Also like the B2W, a more extreme windshield angle might not work. The sensor specs are impressive and I wouldn't mind seeing some real-life vids or even giving this one a try although the old van doesn't have a mirror to tuck it behind so I wouldn't be able to say much on that.

Willing to try it!
Phil

Here is a video recorded by T3 interior camera at night.
My colleague installed a T3 sample unit in his car, during Chinese new year, he found the 10 packs cigarette in his car was lost and did not know how does this happen. Finally after checking the video, it was because a thief broke into his car and stole the cigarettes and pocket money.

Back