Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

The camera fit very well in that SUV, i did have a feeling it would be best with windscreen mounted mirrors, but that also seem to be the most used way of putting mirrors in cars today.
I dont feel my roof mounted mirror sit unusually far back for that kind of mounting, so i was thinking about some kind of 3D printed spacer between windscreen and camera mount, but that would move the camera mount further back and in under the metal roof and that might be a problem for GPS antenna.

i did have a feeling it would be best with windscreen mounted mirrors,
My mirror is windscreen mounted, but it is too close to the glass.
Most new cars seem to have the mirror on the sensor housing, and then I think there is no problem.
New cars that are windscreen mounted normally have more gently sloping glass than mine, and then there is also no problem.

But until people try it on all types of car, we will not know if it works or can be made to work.
Mine is currently beside the mirror on the passenger side, it seems OK for driver and passenger, it is definitely not hidden, but if you are an Uber driver then you probably want it to be seen.

Now, are there any pictures of the front facing camera lens? It would be nice to see the front camera adjusting mechanism. The website doesn't show any pictures of the mounting side. Also, are there any CPL filters available for the unit?

Nice IR lamps over the rear seats, almost studio quality lighting :D
A lot of new cars have rear passenger lighting at the sides like that, especially with a panoramic sunroof.

It still amazes me how many people leave their car unlocked at night, I've captured a few similar on CCTV.

I get a phone notification these days if I leave the car unlocked for more than 5 mins or so, it's quite surprising how many times it's popped up even when I'd swear I'd locked the car.

Now, are there any pictures of the front facing camera lens? It would be nice to see the front camera adjusting mechanism. The website doesn't show any pictures of the mounting side. Also, are there any CPL filters available for the unit?
Scroll down to half way:

It works as expected, and reasonably well.

The bottom end with the front lens do seem to be longer / larger than need be, but of course i say that without knowing what is going on inside this camera or any 3 channel camera in general.
But if you look long enough at anything you can always find flaws or short comings, even if you look at the sky,,,,, cuz why is that rain shower heading this way, or why are it not sunshine today.

I also have a tendency to want to make things i dont know simpler than they are, even something i do know a lot about i do that with.
Personally i feel Danish society are far too complicated to live in, it must be possible to make it more simple.

The bottom end with the front lens do seem to be longer / larger than need be, but of course i say that without knowing what is going on inside this camera or any 3 channel camera in general.
Possibly it is to act as a heatsink, it is a fairly power hungry dashcam when recording 3 channels, so it must generate a fair amount of heat, the more surface area, the cooler it will be.

Scroll down to half way:

It works as expected, and reasonably well.
I see now I miss them when I looked earlier.
nice to see the front camera is multi directional.

Well looking forward to see footage and what kind of bitrates it deploy ASO, this 3 channel stuff are pretty new.
The sensors in play should be able to give good footage if they get a proper envelope to work within.

Well looking forward to see footage and what kind of bitrates it deploy ASO, this 3 channel stuff are pretty new.
The sensors in play should be able to give good footage if they get a proper envelope to work within.
It has a good processor in it, should support H265 and not need really high bitrates to get decent quality.

No if it is H.265 it dont need that high numbers, but even H.265 can be too low too.

has some adjustment, won't suit every installation

Yes i dont think it can adjust that many degrees in either direction, probably 1 digit numbers, so fine tuning it is.

Yes i dont think it can adjust that many degrees in either direction, probably 1 digit numbers, so fine tuning it is.
left and right you don't really need that much, it doesn't have a lot of vertical adjustment though, for the Uber market that's probably not a problem for the typical car

img_20180414_143857-jpg.37475

God Damn dude, you live in Denmark not Iraq or Afghanistan! You must have a bunch of thieving neighbors or be one hell of an enthusiast! I knew you had / tested lots of cameras but isn't that overkill?

Back