ZX-S05 Dedicated Mirror DVR, 1080p/30Fps NT96650 AR0330, GPS, Bluetooth, Radar Det.

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
THIS is one of the few CHinese dedicated mirror DVRs with lens positioned in the centre of Mirror, which is my personal favourite choice, because most other mirror dvr-s they are with lens situated on the side.
Fully loaded with tons of features, and it looks like using NT96650 + AR0330 hardware for DVR.
Price is 300usd, so for this money it have to do a good job, but it's not yet known how good is video recording.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

I notice the nighttime screen shot (which looks a little dark for a scene like that) is dated 2012/1/11. Wasn't the NT96650 + AR0330 introduced after that date?

I notice the nighttime screen shot (which looks a little dark for a scene like that) is dated 2012/1/11. Wasn't the NT96650 + AR0330 introduced after that date?

Date / time might be wrong. I am myself also some time in a rush wiht my new dash cam go testing forgetting to set correct time. Not 100% sure about NT = AR, but from date / time font style it's looks kinda that style.
This is not yet confirmed, - I need to talk to my Chinese friends if they might help with more info.

Thanks Niko. Just thought I would ask. For that much money I hope it performs well whatever processor it may be. It looks nicer than some of the other aftermarket mirror cameras (except for the silver ring around the lens).

Thanks Niko. Just thought I would ask. For that much money I hope it performs well whatever processor it may be. It looks nicer than some of the other aftermarket mirror cameras (except for the silver ring around the lens).

If its really nt96650 + ar0330 and they have as good FW team as Mobius ( which I doubt ) then it has a potential in good video quality, but 300 usd is still to much. Price rise because of many bells and whistles which for most people are useless ( bluetooth, radar detector etc ), however dedicated mirror dvr solution with centre position camefa has been always my temptation buy they are so rare, most of them are 720p with old generation hardware. Only thing from design point of view as you mentioned is that silver ring but its a simple diy solution.

a couple of observations from the info provided,

it has a battery inside, that's a fail for this kind of product

doesn't appear to have much adjustment for the lens, the mirror is centered in the vehicle but they point a long way from straight ahead

2.7" display is on the small side, lots of mirrors have 4.5" displays which would be much more useful

the pictures are only 3d renders so may not be representative of the final product, has a GEELY logo on the back which is a local Chinese car company

going by the field of view shown in the screenshots I'm skeptical that these are from this actual type of product

They might as well include a microwave in that mirror for that price.

Ha!
I've just spotted the image they've photoshopped into the reflection on the mirror.

I wonder what demographic they are pitching this product to?? ;)

Back