G1W Novatek 96650 WDR F1.6 H.264 MOV 15Mbps GPS Dash Cam DVR

Yes. I think this kind of function is very useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a new Novatek based DashCam in the body of the mini 0801. It's too bad it doesn't have WDR though like the G1W has. Price is low though. $44 USD
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00FKTQ3NEhttp://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index....ra-gs608-120-degree-wide-angle-g-senser.2738/
24 FPS and AVI sucks though. I guess only one Novatek line is any good and it's the one used in the G1W

@ " It's too bad it doesn't have WDR though like the G1W has. " , - non of the NT96650 + AR0330 dash cams has true / real WDR, - it's a miss-leading and wrong advertisement from manufacturers.
I will be debating this soon. Just need time to put all needed info together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of the older / cheap Novatek processors have been pretty poor. Often when a dash cam becomes popular, some Chinese manufacturer will make a cheap Novatek / iCatch, etc. version which people will call a fake.

If looking for a Novatek camera, you need to look for the NT96650 + AR0330 solution like niko mentions otherwise you will likely be disappointed.

The 96650 is currently their top end chipset and really the only decent one they have, the others are all sub standard, they are working in a new one but I think some of what they intend to do is more about marketing than about anything else, some questionable ideas

Just wanted to mention. Sorry if it was posted and i missed it, but estore009 is now offering a listing with the G1W and a 8GB class 4 micro SD card for $60 one without is still $52

http://bit.ly/15JPqAY

They also mention that both a black casing and brown casing are now available and that if you do not mention a preferred one it will be random. The $52 listing mentions this as well now

Hopefully mine gets here when the mail arrives today or possibly tomorrow. Looking forward to testing this out. Hoping things will go well and it will be better then my DVR-027 and i can use the 027 as a rear cam in one of my cars.

Nice little write up on WDR. I did not know that. thanks for the post and the link. (i happen to see the link before the actual post for some reason.)

Well my G1W arrived today. Unfortunately we are off to a bad start. It feels like GS8000 Lap 2 here. I bought a brand new 32 Sandisk Ultra Micro SD card for it from BestBuy. The camera has frozen twice with in the 5 hours or so i have been testing it and it comes up Memory Error.

It does look a little better then my DVR-027 in lower light, but so far is unreliable. I am wondering if a smaller sized and lower class memory card would at least allow it to save clips. i was able to get about 6 files on the card. 3 don't play at all and 3 are different lengths and i had the camera set to 5 min clips.

hmh sandisk cards are known for causing trouble on some products, thats why i stayed away from them
your error could be solved if you set the recording cycle length to 3min, try it.... 5 hours is nearly the time it takes to get a 32gb card full, then it needs to delete....and g1w can have trouble doing that with some cards if the cycle is not 3min (of course the card need to be formatted in fat32 with the camera or other tools)

hmh sandisk cards are known for causing trouble on some products, thats why i stayed away from them
your error could be solved if you set the recording cycle length to 3min, try it

Hey Newbie. what brand and class did you say you were using? I'll try to grab one in the store tomorrow or buy one off Amazon.
Thanks.

:EDIT: Never mind just noticed you mentioned
"I use 16gb and 32gb class 10 Transcend sd cards...work like a charm since i figured out that only the 3min loop works properly"

Last edited:
yes : )
but before buying new cards i would test, maybe your card will also work properly on the 3min cycle time

Last edited:
I did. I tried 3 and 5 min. I also formatted the card inside the camera 3 or 4 times. in-between tries.
Also for someone else who asked about GPS my G1W has a hole in it with a thick circle sticker over that if you remove you can look down at the board.

Last edited:
I have a 32GB class 10 Transcend Micro SD card hopefully coming in a few days. This will be my first Transcend brand card so we will see how it goes.

I took the full sized Sandisk Ultra SD card out of my Vico and put the micro in the included adapter and then tried it in my Vico. I have not watched any videos back yet, but it did not give me any errors on the display when i set it to record. I also had a Sandisk Mico in my GS8000 before it burnt up and in my GS4 phone, but i am hoping using a Transcend branded card like you mentioned will fix my issue with my G1W

I took a few box shots before i opened it in case anyone needs them for the FaQ or is curious and will hopefully have some footage to comment on in the coming week.

Just sharing my experience. Bought a G1W from estore009 and I love it. Buying went smoothly and I received it Friday. I'm using a Sandisk 32GB Ultra (Class 10, 30mbps) with no problems at all. 5 min clips, 1080, seems to be FIFO recording properly. I colored the silver lens casing with a black marker and put black vinyl tape over the white "flash" area, so the cam is now very discreet.

This is head and shoulders above my DVR-207 (which suffers from exposure compensation problems that have been documented).

Only real pain was that I didn't realize the G1W take MICRO sd cards, so had to go grab one at Best Buy. Also it seemed to do fine with my old Class 4, 2GB Kingston microSD as well, but only about 20min recording time. As someone else said above, about 5 hours recording time on the 32GB card.

I'm using a Sandisk 32GB Ultra (Class 10, 30mbps) with no problems at all. 5 min clips,
That is what i used and had issues, and i checked today and the card worked fine in my Vico via adapter. I hope it is not my camera i do not want to go through the issues of sending it back.

in my experience the memory error issues appears only when the card gets full with videos and old videos need to be deleted.... as long as the card is not full yet everything works fine
restarting it while card still full might fix it temporary but it is not reliable then, since the error can appear any time again on automatic deleting a old file to create room for the new
thats how it was in my case

is this unit only mountable with the included suction cup? or is there a mount that allows for adhesive tape mounting, or even better a 1/4" threaded camera mount?

sorry if it has been answered already, i read the whole thread and didnt see this issue covered

Back