How long did shipping take?

My order finally shows as received in Geneva, 37 days after it was shipped. Based on the experience of others, there's still another 8 days until it gets to me.

However, in fairness to eStore, I think that Swiss Post temporarily lost a bin full of packages and only recently found the bin (or maybe even multiple bins). But SP has since shipped other orders taken after mine that were delivered in about 23 days to Canadian addresses and they'll likely continue to do so in the future.

I noticed the same thing, it's like a sci fi movie where the hero leaves a room, goes down endless corridors to end up in the same room again. My package has arrived and departed from the border of the originating country twice now.

In the meantime I have my paper and pencil on the dash and am drawing scenes as fast as I can. Imagine when I get a second piece of paper to do a dual cam setup.
Have you received your camera yet?

Have you received your camera yet?
Hi JWC,
No, not yet. I ordered on Oct 9, 2013. The HK post office blocked the first shipment attempt, now going through Switzerland. The seller checked out the camera and resent it on Nov 20, arrived in Genève today, Dec 4, 2013 and left Switzerland the same day. So it's on its way.

Last edited:
I paid on October 18th and have since got one off Amazon. I'll be refusing delivery. I don't think there's enough of a market on Craigslist and Kijiji

Re: market, you can probably sell it to other forum members, especially in Canada. Sell it at your cost, buyer pays postage. The advantage to the buyer is faster shipping than buying from Asia and if sold within Canada, buyer is assured 100% there will be no customs fee or HST. Everyone wins. If buyer orders from the US, there is always a chance the package gets randomly inspected and Customs applies the $10 handling fee plus HST charged which is what happened to me buying from the US adding 27% to the cost of the item.

The other thing is that the Asian sellers are doing their best to ship to Canada and at their cost, resending items by other, probably more expensive, means. So refusing shipment means the seller eats the 2 shipping costs, maybe a 3rd if it's returned. I think you'll have an item that you can easily sell in Canada on the basis of quick delivery and guaranteed no customs and HST.

Last edited:
Re: market, you can probably sell it to other forum members, especially in Canada. Sell it at your cost, buyer pays postage. The advantage to the buyer is faster shipping than buying from Asia and if sold within Canada, buyer is assured 100% there will be no customs fee or HST. Everyone wins. If buyer orders from the US, there is always a chance the package gets randomly inspected and Customs applies the $10 handling fee plus HST charged which is what happened to me buying from the US adding 27% to the cost of the item.

Very good point!! I never even considered selling to other Canadian forum members.
Thanks!

If you're talking about a G1W, you should have no problems selling it in Canada I would think.

Just received my second order! 6 Days via Fed Ex. From estore009.
I paid $20.00 to estore to ship 4 of the G1W's. Customs and taxes was an additional $36.
All in all not that bad. Works out to about $13.00 extra per camera.
I asked for the model with the newest firmware 2013.1017. Camera works great! (So far) No complaints with the mount, or blurry bottom corner.

Shipped from China on the 29th of November. Arrived on my door step some time today (in New Zealand) 6th of December.

Sorry to high jack this but have a look at this delivery time...
Destination Country - Australia:Tracking Consuming:3026 Millisecond
Origin Country - Sweden:Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond, Cache Time:2013/12/06 19:58:03
2013-12-03 19:55, Local mail tracking
2013-12-02 15:44, MALMO UTR/MMAC, The item has been dispatched from Posten´s international terminal for onward transport abroad
2013-12-02 15:44, Order departed from sorting hub
2013-12-02 13:14, MALMO UTR/MMAC, The item has arrived at Posten´s international terminal for sorting and transport abroad
2013-12-02 13:14, Order at pre-departure sorting
2013-11-14 08:24, Sweden Post, Direct Link, Singapore, The item has been dispatched from Sweden Post, Direct Link's international terminal for onward transport abroad
2013-11-01 18:30, Order departed on flight from origin
2013-10-31 18:00, Order dispatched

They said delay caused by christmas load... Err hello... If you didn't let it sit there for 2 weeks at a time. Maybe it won't?

Regards
Duke

2013-11-14 08:24, Sweden Post, Direct Link, Singapore, The item has been dispatched from Sweden Post, Direct Link's international terminal for onward transport abroad

Is that correct, your package is going from Singapore to Australia by way of Sweden? Or that just the name of the carrier? Otherwise it's a trip 3/4 the way around the world.

From Hong Kong. Using sweden post. So would not be surprise if it went to singapore than to europe. That's what happens when you use delivery service where the hq is based in another country.

Regards
Duke

Just a heads up to anybody from Canada going through BAIKLOV on Amazon - I got a bill from FedEx a week later for $18.13 because FedEx paid the duty for me. Included in that fee was a $10 advancement fee. Complete BS - I would have paid the duty COD if I was given that option.

EDIT: Call fedex, make an account with them, and they'll drop the $10 fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwc
Just a heads up to anybody from Canada going through BAIKLOV on Amazon - I got a bill from FedEx a week later for $18.13 because FedEx paid the duty for me. Included in that fee was a $10 advancement fee. Complete BS - I would have paid the duty COD if I was given that option.
I've heard a lot of people tend to ignore that and it goes away, at least in the UK!

Edit: Probably why the Royal Mail now hold on to parcels and make you pay the charge before they deliver them

Just a heads up to anybody from Canada going through BAIKLOV on Amazon -
EDIT: Call fedex, make an account with them, and they'll drop the $10 fee.
Thanks for the heads up Seagull, but as always, convenience costs more.
(I'm still waiting for the camera shipped via Swiss Post by eStore, current ETA is 47 days.)
Unfortunately HST is not going away.

(I'm still waiting for the camera shipped via Swiss Post by eStore, current ETA is 47 days.)
Unfortunately HST is not going away.

Hi JWC
Mine is being shipped by Swiss post too, do you see ETA somewhere when you go to check tracking? My dashcam reportedly left Genève last week, not sure where it is now. CanadaPost.ca reports item not found when I enter the tracking number. It's neat how the same tracking number is used when the item is handed off to the next postal system.

Hi FoV,
No, I am only guessing at ETA based on other folks reporting that there was a 4 day spread between the Geneva point and Canada Post, followed by another 4 days for Canada Post to deliver.
But, as of a few hours ago, it's still in Geneva, so my 'best guess' uses tomorrow as the 'earliest' transfer date to CP.
If it doesn't actually transfer for another week, then ETA is even further out.
Perhaps you might want to order from Baiklov, it's more expensive because it comes by FedEx, but you'll have the camera within a calendar week. And, the camera will have the '1017' firmware, the one from eStore is likely an earlier version. If you do, then just reject the one from eStore when it finally arrives. I know that may seem harsh for eStore, but hopefully they can recoup their costs from Swiss Post because SP is the one causing the problem.

I ended up buying a Mini 0801 by private sale from the US so am in no hurry for the Mini 0801 I ordered from China. It'll go in the 2nd car when it arrives. My parcel left Geneva 5 calendar days ago so maybe there is hope it's close. I'll report whether this parcel incurs customs inspection and HST. If it does, the all in, with 32 GB card, customs inspection, and HST my total is about $155 per Mini 0801. A Canadian seller could probably ask $175 to $180 plus shipping for the Mini 0801 given delivery will be in a few days instead of weeks or months.

Shipping update. Left Geneva Dec 4, 2013. Six days later Dec 12 arrived at CAYTOA Canadian international mail processing centre in Toronto. The package left Singapore Nov 20, 2013 so 20 days to reach Canada. I'm expecting another week to 10 days for customs processing and travel in the mail to me. I'll report later whether the package incurred customs handling and HST which will add another $17 to $20 CDN.

@ FoV, mine reached CAYOTA yesterday as well.

Back