Shadow RX300

For what he ordered 12 cameras... Might be around $60-100$. We are closer to China so fees might be higher in Toronto.
That's on top of his DHL shipping fee from vendor!

People will slowly understand why price must be higher in N.America.

For what he ordered 12 cameras... Might be around $60-100$. We are closer to China so fees might be higher in Toronto.
That's on top of his DHL shipping fee from vendor!

People will slowly understand why price must be higher in N.America.

is there a tax free threshold at all?

Tax free.....hahah , no freebies in Canada, government likes the money

But from this post, and I've heard other people too... no one got charged customs for these little dashcams:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/how-long-did-shipping-take.3220/page-8#post-40694

Also, I am not paying for all 13 cameras, we all ordered separately since we did not get any discount on multiple items ordered, plus prices are already super low, so we didn't even bother asking.

wasn't sure what the deal was, in Australia duties only start once it's over AUD $1000 value (including shipping)

That might as well be the case here too. Cameras are not expensive, especially free shipping, so maybe customs has some rules about certain amount or something like that. I remember, I've ordered a year ago an IP home surveillance cam from China, it was around $129 US, and when it arrived, I did not have to pay anything extra. What was charged to my PayPal account at the time when I completed purchase, that was it.

That might as well be the case here too. Cameras are not expensive, especially free shipping, so maybe customs has some rules about certain amount or something like that. I remember, I've ordered a year ago an IP home surveillance cam from China, it was around $129 US, and when it arrived, I did not have to pay anything extra. What was charged to my PayPal account at the time when I completed purchase, that was it.
Did you not pay DHL express?.. Thought you mentioned that

Did you not pay DHL express?.. Thought you mentioned that
Yes, DHL Express additional. Camera was $89.90 + DHL Express $15.38 + GPS Module $16.90 = Total of $122.18

FzXCNLN.jpg

Last edited:
Its like coming thru the border.. Luck out with a busy or nice agent. Luck of the draw

thanks for that, exactly what I was looking for
No problem. Sometimes they will do random screening of product to see if price is correct

Dhl will want something when they come to your door
I don't mind paying additional $20 when I already paid $122. No big deal at all. But, I was asking because it says (No Delivery Charge), Free Shipping. I paid extra for fast service (Express), but I'm thinking this (No Delivery Charge) is that you don't have to pay anything extra when they come to your door with the package. I might be wrong, but anyway... as I said , no biggie. I just need to know if my wife should have some cash handy when they arrive, since I won't be home at that time.

I don't mind paying additional $20 when I already paid $122. No big deal at all. But, I was asking because it says (No Delivery Charge), Free Shipping. I paid extra for fast service (Express), but I'm thinking this (No Delivery Charge) is that you don't have to pay anything extra when they come to your door with the package. I might be wrong, but anyway... as I said , no biggie. I just need to know if my wife should have some cash handy when they arrive, since I won't be home at that time.
Good idea to have some handy or visa etc

If i
if it says no delivery fee...should be good

I don't mind paying additional $20 when I already paid $122. No big deal at all. .

Did you guys consider the rx300 non branded? Less money, but no GPS.

Did you guys consider the rx300 non branded? Less money, but no GPS.

We saw that one too, but the fact that it doesn't have GPS capability threw us off. We all ordered RX300 with GPS Modules since price was unbeatable. I mean, common... $15.38 for GPS Module was a steal :)

No problem. Sometimes they will do random screening of product to see if price is correct

just wanted to know what the rule was, not much is going to slip by at $20 value, receiving a box weighing half a kilo never sends a sub $20 vibe either

it was just so I know what costs a local distributor had and was being compared to when people think about buying direct, for you guys it's a more even playing field, as I mentioned in Australia duties aren't payable on anything sub $1000 so a lot of stuff comes in direct as a result

Back