Mini 0803 coming

@jokiin When can we expect the updated version or the v3 that you mentioned? I'm trying to make a purchase for the 0803 but I want to make sure it is quality and stable.

New version will possibly get out to resellers next week, fine tuning of firmware is still going to take some time I feel

could be, not sure, I've seen this seller before but they have no real contact info on their website and only a Gmail email address, very little known about who they are, I'd be concerned about buying from them when nothing is known about who/where they are

for anyone thinking of buying I would suggest checking with @billknow from Foxoffer if you want to buy from China, or @JooVuu if you want to buy in EU/UK as I know they have been thorough in their sourcing of this model

could be, not sure, I've seen this seller before but they have no real contact info on their website and only a Gmail email address, very little known about who they are, I'd be concerned about buying from them when nothing is known about who/where they are

for anyone thinking of buying I would suggest checking with @billknow from Foxoffer if you want to buy from China, or @JooVuu if you want to buy in EU/UK as I know they have been thorough in their sourcing of this model

Thanks jokiin, I didn't mean buy from them, I was wondering if the firmware link on their page is the latest one?

Was more a warning for anyone else, buyer beware

Could be an updated version as the final version hardware should be done already so firmware would be needed for that

Was more a warning for anyone else, buyer beware

Could be an updated version as the final version hardware should be done already so firmware would be needed for that

Ok thanks

I don't know who own this online store, I have noticed this website(diggcams.com) some days ago, it seems something similar as foxoffer, so easy to build online store.

the complete lack of contact information except for a throw away email address is a bit of a concern

Hi,

Are you guys buying the 0803 yet? How long should I wait to place my order and who should I get it from?

Plus one for the Above ---Rayman if you are reading this please include a BLACK strong self adhesive pad with this model as had to scrape the old grey one off the base as it was too visible and actually focused your eyes onto what is supposed to be a discreet camera against the backdrop of the rear of the mirror
thanks in anticipation

Thanks bro, we will change to black adhesive pad from next shippment. :)

Yes the hardware have been fixed, only firmware improvements in furture.
until new 0803 come out (or call it 0805, not fix yet)

the comparisons MEGtech posted were with the V1 firmware which were very poor, night time even moreso, I'm really not sure why they posted those as it looks very poor the engineers were still working on it but perhaps they weren't aware that it was still unfinished

that is because we really honest and willing to share the developping progresses with all the fanatics, even when it is not perfect.
the new footages will be uploaded soon to show you guys the 0803 video with 20140510V1 firmware. (the mass production one)

:)

I have noticed: 0803 packs GPS sensor and other text data into the subtitles text data stream inside the mov file.

@V8Rocks, below is the file structure of the Mini 0803 from the thread posted by Rayman.Chan (night test: http://video.megcn.com/X34/0801 VS 0803.zip). There is a folder called "gps" that contains all the GPS sensor data in text format (the .log files).

Are you saying the 0803 also puts its GPS sensor data in the .mov files in addition to the .log files? If so I don't understand the reason for the redundancy.
mini0803_file_structure.jpg

Thanks,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
@V8Rocks, below is the file structure of the Mini 0803 from the thread posted by Rayman.Chan (night test: http://video.megcn.com/X34/0801 VS 0803.zip). There is a folder called "gps" that contains all the GPS sensor data in text format (the .log files).

Are you saying the 0803 also puts its GPS sensor data in the .mov files in addition to the .log files? If so I don't understand the reason for the redundancy.

Thanks,
John
Not exactly, 0803 also packs bunch of data to data stream inside of the mov file, so the single mov file contains video, audio and text streams. The text stream is compatible with subtitle stream, so video/movie player capable of reading subtitles can display the data as movie captions. The specialized player could read this data same way it reads it from separate file and use the data to track position on the map and display speed and other sensor data.
It is not really a redundancy. It just some formats could not carry text streams, so sensor data was logged separately. Mov files can be self-contained, so no need for separate files. It is probably the first step in the right direction.
Data example: V,0,0,,,,,,0,-00.61,-06.12,+02.45;

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the hardware have been fixed, only firmware improvements in furture.
until new 0803 come out (or call it 0805, not fix yet)
Indeed, the issue looked like a hardware problem, no software would ever fix it. Hopefully, new 0803 hardware would get it right.

Last edited:
maybe when @Tobi@s gets a chance he can have a look at the firmware
Thats strange... I missed this post because I didn't get a notification about my name being tagged.

Firmware seems genuine.
Build date: May-07 2014 15:42:09 HKT
Code:
ryanbaw@E-WELLY Wed May  7 15:52:09 HKT
Bootlogo: Standard Corvette C7

Back