Official Mini 0801 Firmware 20140308

I just put 20140308 on my 801 (no internal w/GPS) I was having the "IO Card Error" issue a lot with my Samsung Class 6 32GB card and sometimes on a SanDisk Class 10 32GB card. Now that I got the update I'll put the Class 6 card in and run it for a few days and see if I have any IO Card errors. If I don't get any errors in a week or so then I'll try the Class 10 card as well. Hopefully, this resolves the issues for me. thanks to everyone in the forums for all you help.

Quick update. I don't get the IO Card Error anymore but now it seems to lock up with a "Recover movie" yes / no prompt and it won't let me select either. Guess I'll try a previous firmware.

Unfortunately I am having the same error messages, recycling works but not without problems. When I disable the sound, problems go away and the cam starts working as usual... until I enable the sound again.

Last edited:
I guess I can try turning the "sound" off. Seems like it will just be easier to get the 0803 is it is stable.

I certainly hope so because I pre-ordered 1 about a month ago.

I don't mind buying the 0803 if all the firmware issues are resolved...i really like the 0801 when it works ;)

Unfortunately I am having the same error messages, recycling works but not without problems. When I disable the sound, problems go away and the cam starts working as usual... until I enable the sound again.

He is a thought, I have had similar problems, so I went back to my supplier Ojocam and got a copy of the latest software from him and I have had no further problems.

So why not ask him if he will either give you a copy or sell you a copy and try that. web site http://www.ojocam.com/ you may have to register to be able to contact him.

I just got a new 0801, and it came with firmware version 20140404, so it seems there's a new version out.
I just got the 0801 too and have this version. I was wondering if I was reading the version correctly as the number us so hard to read but your post confirmed,

All seems to be working but I had two drop-outs on my way to work this morning. Video was fine but it seems when starting a new loop (set to 5mins) it skipped 5-10 minutes.... There are two big gaps in the recording.

Because I already tried 3 different firmwares, including 1 modified by myself, I decided to purchase an Integral class 10 Micro SDHC 16G to try. Maybe it's a bit too early to tell after 1 day, but at least it's working now with sound enabled.

Current firmware in use 20140312 by Ojocam (modified sound, logos) 3 min. clips

Last edited:
Good day.
No internal memory, external sd, GPS
I have tried to update the firmware with this one. But now the enter button is not working anymore.......
I could use the button directly after the update and set the date and time correct and then when I was entering the driversname, the button failed suddenly.
I had to update because the cam did not loop. After the card was full, it turned off al the time. Ater formating the card it went ok, but always when it had to loop it turned of. The loop was set to all the possibillity's.
I triede several firmware versions. But now the cam is useless. Who knows a solution for this?

I got an 0801 from Amazon.com yesterday. GPS, no internal memory (just the SD card it came with). Installed tonight. Seems to be working so far after a few issues I won't waste your time with. Would like MPH option. Read thru all these directions and comments. Checked firmware: 201312121905. Double checked against pics under firmware links and directions before trying to update firmware. Screen resembles the one on the right w/ resolution at top. Downloaded firmware bin file. Copied to SD. The camera starts up normal. No update option. Removed ALL but the bin file. Camera still starts normally. I used to do firmware flashes and updated for a living. Any ideas?

Is your firmware version really 201312121905? Then I'd be careful. Common firmware versions just contain the date and not the time. (20131212 instead of 201312121905). Maybe you have a device with different Hardware and different firmware? Where did you buy your 0801?

Got it on Amazon.com. But it's a dead issue. Quit last night right after the splash screen. Just a dimly lit grey screen that does nothing. Returning it to Amazon today. I'm going to go with the 0803. Thanks for responding.

Yeah this doesnt work. Not on mine at least.

Updated to 20140308 and the device turned off about 5 times per day. Got back to 20131230.

You might want to test 20140519 or 20. Just added them to my Firmware page.

It might work as well. Just disable GPS in the settings.

Back