BlackVue Dash cam new firmware

If I download it I will post the Link to my Server again for faster Downloads. on Here
Well at 4Kbps - 10Kbps its going to take an hour or so wont be ready for download until around 9:00 am.. There are loads of people trying to download it. so servers running slower now. WOW... 4Kbps Says about an hour then changes to 22 mins, and it is 8:35 now...
Slowing to a Near complete stop now 8:49. Who is downloading the update DOH. LOL
Update I have Only 4.5 Mb Left to download... 8:53 I have High Speed broadband the 41Mb File should only take around 1-2 Seconds to download from my server its so Slow, Paint drying...

Started Downloading Today at 7:51 AM finished at 9:04 AM For 41 Meg thats a Slow Server.

Takes around 11 Seconds to Download from here...
http://www.falcon-ii.co.uk/download/updates/DR550GW-2CH_v1.021E(2014.01.10)_Setup.zip

Okay Install Instructions...
Simple,
  1. Turn off the Dashcam and Wait for the lights to turn off.
  2. Remove the Memory card and insert it into your PC using the USB adapter supplied or your own MicroSD card reader.
  3. Backup any files you need to keep. if none skip this and move to step 4
  4. Format the card using the Formating software talked about on the forum or right click on the memory card and select Format.
  5. It is recommended that you Fully Format the card. to do this takes time, un tick the quick format and click on Format.
  6. My file has been Ziped up so extract the file onto the desktop or where ever you would like to place it.
  7. Run the extracted file. it will ask you to install onto the memory card.
  8. when finished installing eject the card and remove it from the PC.
  9. Insert the card into the camera and power the camera back on.
  10. The camera will prompt you with Updating and then eventually starting normal recording.
Hope they have got this update right. I am going to install it now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay Just to let you know I have also now downloaded all the other updates. See below.
These files have been downloaded from the pittasoft website and are the original files, all I have done is zip up them to make my server handle them better.

So all the links Below are hosted on my fast server in the UK.

Please Note you can NOT download a UK version and install it on a Korean Version. you will have to Hack the camera as such to do this, Search the forum for UART DR550GW

All of the links on this page have been transferred to my website not Pittasoft.
They are the original files as downloaded from Pittasoft.

BlackVue DR550GW-2CH English firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Chinese firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH France firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH German firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Italian firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Japanese firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Russian firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Russian Publix firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Spanish firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13

Last edited:
Well you might have to pause the black areas with text as they are a little fast to vanish, I messed up and am not going to fix the length that it is displayed for... just cos i am having a lazy day.

This video is after updating today night time driving in the dark and morning driving as well as a dash to town to get a customer from the train her cars not very well.

The blue seems to be better at night only appears when a building is on the dark road at the very end... the Colors during the day are crisp I do have it set on 3 for brightness.

I noticed the sky seems to have less contrasting effect it use to struggle coming out from a dark area into light it seems better now but is wasnt a "bright" day.

Just to say It has been running full time from 9:15am this morning until 8:00pm no problems,

Hoping for a bitrate solution...

Last edited:
Okay No one like this thread...
can I ask what has been changed in this update. and person that can tell me what has been updated will get a like to there profile page...

Last edited:
Many thanks Peter (for the faster download and the excellent clips).

I have the DR550GW-2CH still in the box waiting to be installed. Currently have the DR500 Wi-Fi up and running and have been very pleased with that.

It would be nice if they can improve the bitrate but the footage in your clips looks pretty good to me.

Cheers!

Andy

it seems better have a look at the pre-update video footage

Nice one Peter, Well done for the re-hosting lol, my Avast AV is blocking ANY .co.kr website for some reason? - Anyway, I assume that you have been using it for a couple of days now? - Have you noticed any detrimental effects?, or has it all been improvements? :p
Any changes to the config made etc? (or does anyone have any ideas about what updates have been made in the new FW?)

Finally, do you know if the config.ini can be backed up and restored after the upgrade, or is it better to just re-setup the cam?

Thanks again!!

I have updated the brightness to 3 and changed the parking mode and LED settings.

I have However Now I am Editing some longer footage Noticing that the rear camera is missing frames. at the beginning of the footage every minute about 10 frames I am putting a video up when it has finished rendering.

If I download it I will post the Link to my Server again for faster Downloads. on Here
Well at 4Kbps - 10Kbps its going to take an hour or so wont be ready for download until around 9:00 am.. There are loads of people trying to download it. so servers running slower now. WOW... 4Kbps Says about an hour then changes to 22 mins, and it is 8:35 now...
Slowing to a Near complete stop now 8:49. Who is downloading the update DOH. LOL
Update I have Only 4.5 Mb Left to download... 8:53 I have High Speed broadband the 41Mb File should only take around 1-2 Seconds to download from my server its so Slow, Paint drying...

Started Downloading Today at 7:51 AM finished at 9:04 AM For 41 Meg thats a Slow Server.

Takes around 11 Seconds to Download from here...
http://www.falcon-ii.co.uk/download/updates/DR550GW-2CH_v1.021E(2014.01.10)_Setup.zip

Okay Install Instructions...
Simple,
  1. Turn off the Dashcam and Wait for the lights to turn off.
  2. Remove the Memory card and insert it into your PC using the USB adapter supplied or your own MicroSD card reader.
  3. Backup any files you need to keep. if none skip this and move to step 4
  4. Format the card using the Formating software talked about on the forum or right click on the memory card and select Format.
  5. It is recommended that you Fully Format the card. to do this takes time, un tick the quick format and click on Format.
  6. My file has been Ziped up so extract the file onto the desktop or where ever you would like to place it.
  7. Run the extracted file. it will ask you to install onto the memory card.
  8. when finished installing eject the card and remove it from the PC.
  9. Insert the card into the camera and power the camera back on.
  10. The camera will prompt you with Updating and then eventually starting normal recording.
Hope they have got this update right. I am going to install it now...

Hi Peter Wilson,

I followed every step that you gave above.
However, once I power up the camera, it prompted "The version information is incorrect".
How shall I go about now??
Please advise.
Thanks.

what version have you got and what camera have you got. the updates are for different country. and all for the DR550GW.

version information is incorrect means yours is not originally in that language.
or it means you are already setup with that firmware version.

what version have you got and what camera have you got. the updates are for different country. and all for the DR550GW.

version information is incorrect means yours is not originally in that language.
or it means you are already setup with that firmware version.

Agreed...

Or a different firmware for the wrong camera... Had this a few times.

I purchased mine recently with the original Korean firmware via ebay.
model DR550GW 2-CH.....
how do I go about to convert to the English firmware.....
advise please.
thanks.

I purchased mine recently with the original Korean firmware via ebay.
model DR550GW 2-CH.....
how do I go about to convert to the English firmware.....
advise please.
thanks.

From January 4, 2014, Jae firmware converts and sends itself to the English firmware those who reported at purchase in writing of its desire to get Blackvue DR550GW 2CH installed the English firmware.
Blackvue DR550GW = 300$ with EMS shipping
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/jae-proposal-to-sell-the-blackvue-and-other-dvrs.1891/
http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=69.0

convert to the English firmware can only be disassembled and connecting UART !!!

I have just bought one. How do I know which firmware it was installed and which one should I choose to upgrade. Thanks.

Agreed...

Or a different firmware for the wrong camera... Had this a few times.
the information are as below:
[firmware]
version = 1.019
model = 550GW
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.102
model = 550GW
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.040
model = 550GW

Please advise.
Thanks.

When you put the card in a computer and run the Blackvue viewer go to the exclamation mark in the top right taskbar and it will tell you

the information are as below:
[firmware]
version = 1.019
model = 550GW
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.102
model = 550GW
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.040
model = 550GW