B-124X won’t power the camera when car is off

DaveMc

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,
Weird one - had my B-124X for about 2 years connected to DR-900X and working well. Last couple of days I’ve noticed that it won’t power the camera when the car is off. The app says the B-124X is fully charged, and it appears to be charging when the car is on (battery % increases). When the car is on, the camera powers up and is fine.
I’ve changed nothing between when it worked and now.
Battery is hard wired into fuse box, and all fuses checked ok.
I‘m out of ideas.. any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks, Dave

I would test the terminal pins in the "Dashcam" port of the B-124X for power. When the B-124X is on (mode switch in "Cigarette" or "Hardwire" positions), the left most terminal pin in the "Dashcam" connector should have power (11.x up to 14.x volts depending on the B-124X charge level). The second from the left terminal pin should have power only when the input charging power is present (vehicle ignition switch in the ACC/RUN mode). The third from the left terminal pin is the dash camera ground. If there is no power on the left most terminal pin when the B-124X is "on" and the input charging power is off, then there is something wrong with the B-124X.

1706549627297.png

The dash camera connection port (Dashcam) terminal pins are the same for a variety of EGEN produced dash camera battery packs like the BlackVue B-124X and the BlackboxMyCar PowerCell 8 (next picture).

1706549648057.png

Thanks very much for your reply rcg530 - that’s a great lead. Unfortunately I’m on the road for the next week so won’t get a chance to test that until I get home, but I will update with what I find when I do.

So.. finally got home and had a look into it a bit further. I also spoke to the local importer who have an excellent call centre helpline.

Turns out that it is a problem related to the latest Firmware update.

I was instructed to go into Settings>System>Battery Protection, and turn it ON, then turn the Low Voltage Cut-off to OFF. That immediately fixed the problem, and it started recording via the B-124X power when the car was off.

My thoughts that this had changed during the Firmware update were confirmed as I've just checked my other car with exactly the same camera and battery setup, and it was no longer recording using the B-124X power. When I went into it, the settings on that had also changed. Changed them also, and fixed.

Weird that the Firmware has changed these settings. And strange (or lucky?) that I'm the first to post about it, cause the Firmware isn't that new...

Cheers all

Back