Buy a new one or tough it out?

K-A

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian SG9663DCPRO
Hi all.

I have a Lukas Ace 7900 with the infamous focus problem. I've gotten it a little better with superpat's instructions, but it's still fuzzy or "soft focus". Has anyone had any recent shipments from Lukas they could testify about? I don't want to buy another defective one.

If you are looking to buy a new Lukas LK7900 ACE, we do have ones in stock that we are sure the focus problem is fixed. Another forum member here has purchased one from us recently: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/newer-lukas-7900-ace-deliveries-better-focus.5110/

We have our prices in Canadian dollars, so this is a great time to use your stronger USD with us to save some money.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kelvin

Last edited by a moderator:
Concerning your Canadian dollar pricing, are you saying that a US purchaser would see a lower charge on his credit card than the Canadian dollar amount quoted on your website?

If so, approximately how much difference might there be percentage wise right now (understanding that the rate probably fluctuates up and down on a daily or weekly basis)?

Ed

Yes, that is correct.

The rate is always fluctuating but recently, it's about a 10-11% difference between the the two currencies. So, $100CAD = $90USD.

Kelvin

OK. I'm about to order one. Can you ship to a US Post Office box through the USPS? The PO box address is the same as my billing address.

Ed

Thank you for your order! Hope you'll enjoy it!

Post some pictures of it here if you can.

Kelvin

@ BlackBoxed.ca are you by any chance affiliated with BlackboxMyCar.com in Vancouver . They are shown as an authorized distributor on the Lukas site albeit not a sole distributor in Canada.If not it might well be in your interest to have your company added to the Lukas list of distributors. It's just a thought..... any added credentials can only be beneficial.....Ipol.....

Head up for Mac users who have the LK7900ACE there is a viewer english version for Mac PC and Tablets available since the 28th april ........ Ipol

@ BlackBoxed.ca are you by any chance affiliated with BlackboxMyCar.com in Vancouver . They are shown as an authorized distributor on the Lukas site albeit not a sole distributor in Canada.If not it might well be in your interest to have your company added to the Lukas list of distributors. It's just a thought..... any added credentials can only be beneficial.....Ipol.....

We are not affiliated with them.

We are already working with Lukas to have our company added onto their site very shortly as a official distributor. They have also contacted us to see if they can link our amazing installation guide onto their Lukas site and we have given them permission, so everyone will soon see it there too. I appreciate you noticing!

Kelvin

Last edited by a moderator:
BlackBoxed.ca is not affiliated with them.

We are already working with Lukas to have our company added onto their site very shortly as a official distributor. They have also contacted us to see if they can link our amazing installation guide onto their Lukas site and we have given them permission, so everyone will soon see it there too. I appreciate you noticing!

Kelvin

your installation guides are very nicely presented, not wanting to be too critical but running wires across the drivers side of the vehicle is not a good idea, always better to do it on the passenger side for safety reasons, if a cable drops (remember not everyone's DIY job might be to the standard you expect) there's much less chance of the driver being distracted

@ jokiin ooopppssss my cables are on the drivers side but securely fixed....hammer and nails job ....... (I jest) ........my lovely lady has a horror of wires/cables etc so the passenger side was a definite nono ...@ BlackBoxed.ca sounds like the beginnings of a long and good partnership with Lukas .....congratulations...... Ipol

your installation guides are very nicely presented, not wanting to be too critical but running wires across the drivers side of the vehicle is not a good idea, always better to do it on the passenger side for safety reasons, if a cable drops (remember not everyone's DIY job might be to the standard you expect) there's much less chance of the driver being distracted

I appreciate the feedback. That is a very good point and it will be something I'll add to the guide as a note very soon.

Kelvin

Back