Disconnections

Eskat8r

Reaction score
Country
United States
Disconnection again without notification and I put them on.

Hmmm, why did it do that! I checked battery power and all good there. Shut the door and it recorded video, just couldn't send me a notification because of disconnection. Thought it lost LTE connection, but the moment I turn the car on, put it in drive... The cam starts initialization and Rec/GPS/LTE come on.

I plan on reverting back to 1.001...to see what happens. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220401-125422_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-125422_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220401-123211.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-123211.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 3
Disconnection again without notification and I put them on.

Hmmm, why did it do that! I checked battery power and all good there. Shut the door and it recorded video, just couldn't send me a notification because of disconnection. Thought it lost LTE connection, but the moment I turn the car on, put it in drive... The cam starts initialization and Rec/GPS/LTE come on.

I plan on reverting back to 1.001...to see what happens. What are your thoughts?
You're on the main board now... I guess you know that. Maybe rcg530, the Blackvue Expert, might have an idea for you...

Btw, I have an idea for something for you to try out, if you haven't already. Try turning off your LTE, but use one of your hotspots (work, home, etc...).

See if you get the same symptoms/problems. I'm wondering if your Verizon SIM card could have anything to do with this. This would remove your SIM card from the equation in your testing. - Or have you already done this?

I haven't and will try tonight. Will it be instantaneous, because I'd have to sit there for hours to wait and see if something happens. When the disconnection happened at work, it took three hours after it went into parking mode.

Jason from Blackvue recommended to uninstall app, restart phone, then reinstall app. He said it could be some bad data going on.

I haven't and will try tonight. Will it be instantaneous, because I'd have to sit there for hours to wait and see if something happens. When the disconnection happened at work, it took three hours after it went into parking mode.

Jason from Blackvue recommended to uninstall app, restart phone, then reinstall app. He said it could be some bad data going on.
I'd follow what Jason recommends. If what he suggests doesn't fix-it, ask him to get help from his tier 2 tech team. Especially since you've already had a new dashcam sent to you on this very issue.

I would ask Blackvue if this problem has occurred with other users; it seems unlikely that no one else has encountered this problem and/or needed a solution for it. - Keep us posted!

Got a new verizon sim card on Friday, today will be the first full day of testing it in cam.
G sensor parking mode @ 9
G sensors normal mode (off)
Motion Detection Parking mode (off)
Notification for Cloud connectivity , Enter/Exit parking mode, and impact detection are on.

After a getting a new 750 plus, I'm running into this issue of Disconnection without notification. Dashcam works fine from start up to stop, in parking mode is where the issue happens. It could be in parking mode working fine for hours and then disconnects for reasons I don't know. The only reason I know it disconnected, is because I go into the app to check periodically.

Power to the cam is good, because the dashcam can still record impact and the moment I start my car and put in Drive, the cam works as if nothing has happened. Since it's a disconnection, I was assuming a loss of LTE and it would reconnect. But, it doesn't reconnect unless I go start the car.

I registered a new sim card, to see if that was an issue. As of this morning, I'll say no. I'm going to downgrade to FW 1.001 and see what happens.

Update: Had to unplug dashcam power because she wasn't reconnecting, but had power. After a minute, reconnected power to dashcam and she connected back via app and went into parking mode 5minutes later. I'll report if dashcam loses connection again without notification.

Last edited:
My experience with the older DR750-2CH LTE dashcam was not as good with respect to the LTE connection as I would have liked it to have been. I used a T-Mobile SIM card with that unit and it would connect/disconnect A LOT while I was out on my weekly shopping trip/route. The DR750-2CH LTE dashcam was swapped out for another one and it too had numerous disconnects from the BlackVue Cloud service.

At that time (Oct/Nov 2020), no real solution could be found to make the DR750-2CH LTE unit have a more stable LTE connection and I was told that "I was the only one reporting this behavior". After a few months of testing, I decided to move on from that dashcam since I was then testing/reviewing the DR900X-2CH dashcam along with the CM100LTE connectivity device. The CM100LTE connectivity device works very well. Pittasoft did state that the LTE modem used in the DR750-2CH LTE was different from the one used in the CM100LTE connectivity module. I used the same T-Mobile SIM card in both the DR750-2CH LTE and the CM100LTE connectivity module.

Good to know. As we speak, she disconnected again without notification. I'm going to restart and park in a different location, just as test.

What are thoughts on testing a new memory card?. I've been using the Blackvue memory card and was wondering would my Samsung make a difference. I know disconnection and recording are two different things but, I'm willing to try.

What are thoughts on testing a new memory card?. I've been using the Blackvue memory card and was wondering would my Samsung make a difference. I know disconnection and recording are two different things but, I'm willing to try.
I don't believe the microSD card would be causing the LTE connectivity problem.

When I review a BlackVue dashcam, I use the supplied BlackVue microSD card during the review. Starting with the 3-channel dashcams, I started using larger capacity / third party microSD cards. I'm using SanDisk High Endurance microSD cards with my DR750X-2CH Plus and DR750X0-3CH Plus dashcams.

It's good to rule out things. I had to dis/reconnect power again from the dashcam to get LTE. I moved locations, just for test purposes. I'll keep checking the app to see if it disconnects. If it does, FW downgrade.

To disconnect without notification sounds like an app bug, possibly!!! I say this, because the moment I start the car, the dashcam connects to LTE as if it never lost the connection in the first place.

Dashcam has stayed connected since I've moved my car to a different spot. I'd find hard to believe that's the reason it hasn't lost connection. But, I'm goimg to park in the same area tomorrow and test.

Six months later

So after more testing and another dashcam return, the reasoning for disconnections is over-heating. Bought a temp gun and readings inside car are above 140°. This is of course the cutoff for the dashcam.... good news, once the cam cools down she operates as normal (Leds come on etc..) But, I've noticed to regain cloud connection, I have to disconnect and replug power.
Noticed a few things during testing,
1. I thought cell sevice was the cause for disconnections. It doesn't matter which carrier you have. I use Verizon and even tried
T-mobile for testing, the connection was the same.

2. If your in a hot climate like myself (Arizona) I'd recommended a Blendmount instead of the 3M tape mount. Having direct contact with the windshield, heat transfers from the 3M mount directly to the dashcam... particulary the base where the memory card is. Blendmount isn't directly attached to the windshield, but to the rearview mount... so, much less heat to the dashcam.

3. Another recommendation would be getting a Carbon or Ceramic tint for the windshield, if not the whole car. Although a alot more expensive, they provide much more UV ray protection, which in turn means less interior car heat.

Hopefully, this helps.

Back