DR590X 2CH - Nothing Happens/Restarting??

julysfire

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently purchased a DR590X 2CH and seem to be having issues with it when I went to try and get everything setup yesterday. I formatted the SD card using the BlackVue software and when I have it in my computer, it shows up in the top right as DR590X and I am given a firmware tab to see the settings. When I plug the camera (with the SD card inserted) into my car (using the cigarette lighter cord), the orange record light turns on solid and then after a few seconds, all 3 lights blink for a split second, turn off, and then the orange light turns back on solid. Rinse and repeat.

I checked the record folder on the SD card and there are no videos being recorded. When checking for the BlackVue network, none show up (not on my phone nor my girlfriend's phone). I try to connect manually to the camera via the BlackVue app and it does not find the camera. I tried doing the same with a different SD card than the one that came with the camera and it is having the same problem. I have tried updating the firmware as well but the same problem persists. I tried even starting the car with the camera plugged in with no SD card and the same exact issue happens as well.

I've noticed that doing my research for this, people have mentioned that there should be voice(s) for this model that play a sound? I heard them once when I initially plugged it in but then they stopped and I haven't heard any since. No voices when I turn the car on with the camera plugged in, with or without an SD card (I say this because it sounds like it should say "No SD card"?????)

Is there anything else I can try or is this going to require a replacement?

I have also tried manually adding the firmware to the SD card (https://blackvue.com/download/dr590x-2ch-firmware-multilanguage/) and same thing, I see it that it shows up as 1.005 on the BlackVue desktop software but the camera still doesn't really seem to be doing anything besides what I am guessing is restarting constantly?

The BlackVue app on my phone hasn't proven to be helpful at all because there is no Wifi to connect to and trying to connect manually given the SSID and password on the camera itself does not work. I have even tried to update the SSID and password on the BlackVue desktop app under the Firmware tab but no success there either. I'm starting to hit a wall on thinking what else I can try.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A DR590/DR590W (1CH or 2CH) 2