DVR-207 and 64 GB SD Card

zod

Reaction score
Just FYI, I bought a 64 GB SanDisk card -- SanDisk Extreme SDXC -- for the DVR-207, despite the fact that it says it only supports a SDHC card up to 32 GB. I've been using the 64 GB card for a few days with no problems...worked as soon as I popped it in. The card was almost as much as the camera, but I didn't want to have to worry about space. At this rate, I'll probably go 2 weeks before it starts to overwrite the oldest clip. Just FYI.

zod said:
Just FYI, I bought a 64 GB SanDisk card -- SanDisk Extreme SDXC -- for the DVR-207, despite the fact that it says it only supports a SDHC card up to 32 GB. I've been using the 64 GB card for a few days with no problems...worked as soon as I popped it in. The card was almost as much as the camera, but I didn't want to have to worry about space. At this rate, I'll probably go 2 weeks before it starts to overwrite the oldest clip. Just FYI.
Nice to know. I just ordered a 207 so maybe I'll pick up a large card also. The only thing I am concerned about is the speed and hiccups on the video if it's to slow. Do you think it's really important to keep old videos if nothing happens by the end of the day? By the time I get home I want that traffic to be a distant memory and never see it again until the next time I drive my 80 miles a day 6 days a week. :)

It really depends what you are using the camera for. If it is strictly for accidents, you don't really need a high capacity card at all. I'm also using mine when the car is parked all day at work -- even then you probably don't "need" a 64 GB card if you are going to review the video every day. I wanted a set up in which i wouldn't have to worry about overwriting at all, though.

zod said:
It really depends what you are using the camera for. If it is strictly for accidents, you don't really need a high capacity card at all. I'm also using mine when the car is parked all day at work -- even then you probably don't "need" a 64 GB card if you are going to review the video every day. I wanted a set up in which i wouldn't have to worry about overwriting at all, though.

You're right. I have a prime space at work in a secure lot with cameras everywhere. I don't even lock it. I park in my garage at night so really only need the security of knowing I can drive with the mad men at rush hour. I have already had two occasions where I could have used the video and expect more now that I have a new route to work every day. I actually think if I have a visible dash cam it might be to my benefit. I'll be removing the card at first just to check things out. I'll have an ITB-100HD SP in the front and a DVR-207 in the rear window just for kicks. I'll be picking up the Itronics Monday afternoon and installing the 207 when it arrives some time soon I hope.

is there any place in the menu that lets you review how much empty space is on the chip?

is there any chance that it is working but only recoginzing the first 32gb?

i know some cameras, when inserting SDHC into an camera that doesnt support SDHC will give you an error instantly once the camera is turned ON.

becuase of this, i think it is working correctly.

lkwan78 said:
is there any place in the menu that lets you review how much empty space is on the chip?

is there any chance that it is working but only recoginzing the first 32gb?

i know some cameras, when inserting SDHC into an camera that doesnt support SDHC will give you an error instantly once the camera is turned ON.

becuase of this, i think it is working correctly.

If you click the SD icon as to format it you can see how much space is left. Maybe you might want to check it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance- ... uired.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Back