DVR027 Issue

evolize

Reaction score
I bought a DVR027 off ebay, and I've noticed an issue.

I plug in the cigarette lighter plug, and then the unit states the battery is drained, and turns the unit off and doesn't charge it. Has anybody encountered this issue and figured out how to fix it?

Since you are posting here I am guessing you have a real HD DVR-027. Mine has not had this issue, but it sounds like it is a problem with the cigarette lead does the light on it light up when plugged in?

Also it should have a removeable battery make sure the contacts are contacting. The battery may need replaced. There is a video on YouTube by user DashCamCenteral that compared 4 cameras one being a real DVR-027 and he mentions it is upgradeable with some kind of Nokia battery can't remember the model number though. If you just got it I would maybe contact the eBay seller about replacement.

Well,

1. I discovered that my cigarette lighter is not "powerful enough" to power it.
2. Yes, I bought the authentic one. I came to this website/forum and read up on the dvr027 and watched countless videos, read reviews. This site is helpful. The camera, when working displays some pretty decent quality videos. I just have to figure out how to hardwire into my car now, and I'll see if I can find out about the battery replacement. It would be nice to have two batteries, and to have the cigarette plug work in my car, as I would love to be able to charge it while I'm not in the car and unplug it while using it, but from some reviews people said that the battery doesn't really last too long on it, so hardwire looks to be the best course of action.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi evolize,

Strange that your car does not send enough power to the cigarette lighter. I wouldn't count on the battery for any serious recording. Hardwiring it would make the most sense for you. Good luck with the install.

xosevp said:
Nokia BL-5C
That is the video i had seen the other day.
Sorry thought it was DashCamCenteral but it is as you pointed out CarCamCentral my mistake sorry about that.
(Off topic really nice to see someone who i assume is a Linux User)

As DashCamMan has mentioned I have read just about everywhere that depending on the battery on a day to day basis is a bad idea.
People recommend keeping it plugged in at all times and to run the cable along your headliner and down a pillar.
Sorry to hear it is your car hopefully you can get it hardwired in.
Could i ask what kind of car? I have tested both a real and a knock off DVR-027 on a few GM cars and have not had that issue.
I am also looking at buying a second unit soon for my back window to record in front of and behind my car like forum member MozartMan has done and my cars have two stock cigarette lighters so i am hoping i do not run into a problem like this.

Back