Everything you need to recover Mini 0803

RustySpoons

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just put this archive together with a correctly modified autoexec.ash if you want to backup your exisiting firmware, DirectUSB modified by myself for A7 and removed any parts not needed, also included original E-Prance 2 Card GPS Rom.

Make a cable with Pin 4/5 shorted on micro usb or use a OTG cable with male to male usb plug,

Extract the archive you have just downloaded,

Plug mini 0803 in to PC, it should make a sound to say new hardware plugged in, or an unknown device appears in device manager, (If it doesn't, unplug device and hold power button for 20 seconds till light goes out and plug back in) on windows 7 manually install the drivers, point to the folder you have just extracted, then go to mini0803/DirectUSB/Drivers

Let it install, then install the C++ distribution packs for your OS.

Run Direct USB

Click connect, make sure it detects device and says init dram ok.

Select relevant firmware file under firmware (I have included one for dual card with GPS), then click Upload, it should all go smoothly, this process is quite quick, as soon as it stops doing the flash it will show a full green bar and OK.

Unplug mini 0803, hold power till blue light goes off, then turn it on and it should boot up...

Files here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o2rr1qi5wq5c3wz/Recovery__Backup_RustySP.7z

unit not work
As RustySpoons says it is a common fault, which typically occurs when power is interrupted briefly. If you hold the power down for ~30 seconds or so it should reset.

Last edited:
I find it happens when the unit hasn't fully shut down and you restart it. I think there is still some activity even though it has bonged to say it's gone off.

Also on some cars ign/acc is switched off when you turn the key to crank to switch off circuits to supply more power to the starter motor.

This has eliminated the issue for me.

1: Turn key in car to acc position. Allow dash cam to boot past logo.
Then start vehicle.

2: If I switch off car wait some time before restarting it so cam is shut down fully.

thanks for respond it keep happened more than once, I will try to do what you advised me thanks

@RustySpoons you are writing that the user has to press "upload". That wont work. The user needs to press "Download". Please update op :D

Back