Firmware 20131026 (E-PRANCE) - Not stable

Aloux

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119v3 w/ GPS, A139 Pro 2CH
I will use this first post for the thread summary. Please keep your information focused to the 20131026 firmware (E-Prance). See 2nd post for the details.

Dashcam: E-PRANCE 0801 with GPS no internal memory (Amazon.com)
SD Card: 32GB Samsung Class 10 (SoCal Trade, Amazon.com)
Settings: Full HD, 1 min, audio+video
Issue: Low Speed Card, IO Error, Shutdown
Possible fix: Turn audio recording off

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all the information shared on this forum. I decided to join today and this will be my first post. I decided to create a new thread for the firmware 20131026 as the other ones are getting very difficult to find the information need based on their length.

I have been reading the threads for a while now in search for the best dashcam at a reasonable price. I finally pulled the trigger last weekend and I purchased the Mini 0801 with GPS and no internal memory from E-Prance on Amazon.com. The shipping was supper fast (prime membership) as I received it on Tuesday.

First impression was great. The camera size is awesome and the quality is pretty good. The only downside is the nigh vision that could be improved.

As you all probably know if you have been reading the posts on the 100+ page thread, the stability of this dashcam is questionable. There was some hope last week that the new firmware (20131026) would bring stability to the camera.

I'm sad to agree with the JazJon's post (his post is quoted below): this firmware is still not stable.

The issue is still the same: Low Speed Card then IO Error then shutdown

However, I did not get this error after the recycling . The recording was still on its first pass on my brand new sd card. The error came when the card was under 20GB out of 32GB.

I'm using a 32Gb Samsung Class 10 (I know the class 10 is not recommended but this is what I could get right away). JazJon tried the Class 6 with no more success anyway.

When the dashcam shutdown, I can just turn it back on, wait for the auto recording to stop (after 30 sec) and then turn the recording back on and it works with no issue until the power is turn off and turn back on again.

This is super annoying.

A fix, as mentioned in previous posts, is to turn the audio recording off. This seams to solve the issue but as you know, I don't like the idea of not being able to use all the function of the dashcam.

The good news is that with Amazon.com, I can return the dashcam for free until January 14th.

In the meantime, I would like to contact E-Prance, would one of you has the email address? I can't find it on Amazon.com.

My new eBay E-PRANCE 0801 GPS (no internal) keeps shutting down :-(

This is using the newly supplied Samsung 32gb class 6 card too.

I'm going back to the Givoe (with internal) it was stable on both Sep and Oct firmware.

I'm using the same GPS base on both.

I'm not sure what to do with the new E-PRANCE 0801 since it's just as unreliable as the old one was. Bummer.

This seems to be a hardware issue and not a firmware problem.. I am using 1026, too and don't have that Problem.. Anyways I have another annoying problem.. I created another thread about that issue

And almost forgot it: There seems to be a newer fw version: 20131114

E-Prance 20131026 seems stable for me.

Let us know how you get on returning it to Amazon.
You can contact E-Prance via Amazons own messaging system, You need to go into your Amazon account click orders and on mine which I've just checked there is an option to contact seller. Note, if you wish to include your own email address in the message, write it out like so.. mickymouse at blahblah . com otherwise it automatically gets removed by Amazon. IOW disguise the fact it's a email address, I'm sure you get the idea.

Last edited:
Exactly the problem I'm having with fw 20130922. Haven't tried turning the audio off, but I'm hoping some update will make it all operable.

I will use this first post for the thread summary. Please keep your information focused to the 20131026 firmware (E-Prance). See 2nd post for the details.

Dashcam: E-PRANCE 0801 with GPS no internal memory (Amazon.com)
SD Card: 32GB Samsung Class 10 (SoCal Trade, Amazon.com)
Settings: Full HD, 1 min, audio+video
Issue: Low Speed Card, IO Error, Shutdown
Possible fix: Turn audio recording off

Aloux, I too was going to buy from E-Prance on Amazon. I wrote and asked the firmware version and couldn't get an answer. The answer was order from China and they can ensure the latest version. May I ask what version it came with?

Demi from E-Prance is a forum member, so you can contact her from here. Nancy is who I spoke with on Amazon. SpyTech seems to have the TS versions that, if I'm correct, seemed more stable?

GJHS, the dashcam came with the 20131026 firmware. I only had to change the time zone. Everything else was good for me. I also used the camera to format the sd card the first time I inserted it.

I will contact Demi and see what she proposes to do. I have some time before the return period expires. If this dashcam could be stable it would be the perfect cam for me. Good quality, great size, and good price.

Same problem. :( Mine is from E-PRANCE eBay though.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...-dvr-a-k-a-mini-0801.1001/page-101#post-36573

I just sent this message.

Dear e-prance,

Hi Demi,

After using the new Mini 0801 you just shipped me with provided Samsung 32GB Class 6 card for awhile, it has failed again. Just like the other 2 cameras, once the memory card is full, it won't recycle over old files and the loop recording fails. This is reported by others in the forum as well. They also bought from E-PRANCE and it also came with firmware 20131026.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/firmware-20131026-e-prance-not-stable.3260/

Can you try and ask the factory for a November firmware? Someone has reported seeing 20131114 out there.

I really hope the factory can create a stable firmware for this new 0801.
~Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Lunar,
I don't have this button to contact E-Prance directly for this order as it was fulfilled by Amazon. I see it for other orders placed directly from third party vendors.
I will try contact Demi here on the forum. The good think is that I can return the camera to Amazon. However, I love the shape and size of it.

E-Prance 20131026 seems stable for me.

Let us know how you get on returning it to Amazon.
You can contact E-Prance via Amazons own messaging system, You need to go into your Amazon account click orders and on mine which I've just checked there is an option to contact seller. Note, if you wish to include your own email address in the message, write it out like so.. mickymouse at blahblah . com otherwise it automatically gets removed by Amazon. IOW disguise the fact it's a email address, I'm sure you get the idea.

Thanks Lunar,
I don't have this button to contact E-Prance directly for this order as it was fulfilled by Amazon. I see it for other orders placed directly from third party vendors.
I will try contact Demi here on the forum. The good think is that I can return the camera to Amazon. However, I love the shape and size of it.

Aloux, you can contact E-Prance directly from Amazon. Go to the item listing, you should see a link to go to the sellers page and you can contact them there. I spoke with Nancy there about the firmware, I'm sure she or Demi can help.

Thanks Lunar,

Ah.. that is probably why, as typically my luck E-Prance had not setup their Stock with Amazon, so they could fulfil their orders when I ordered my camera's from them. I assumed it would be the same... sorry matey, seems weird, I'll check it out later.
EDIT. Notice Peters now found a solution below.. well done that man. :-) I figured it would be there somewhere.

TBH I didn't realise, you could return an item from a Amazon Market seller back to Amazon, just because they fulfilled and dispatched the order, so that's good to hear, :) The only items I've returned to date were all sold by Amazon themselves, never returned anything from one of their third party sellers, not yet anyway, though Amazons no hassle return service IMO is excellent.

Last edited:
Okay turns out all the links have copied over hope they work.

Thanks all. I contacted Demi M via this forum. So far, she is responding to my questions.

Back