Found this Magnetic Polarizer Filter

@danishdude, did you happen to find a way to remove the glass and still use the metal ring?
Not yet.
The UV-glass is VERY well mounted/glued on the ring - so it's not a thing that comes off easily, im afraid.
Happy to hear if someone has any ideas - without warping or damaging the metal-ring.

Not yet.
The UV-glass is VERY well mounted/glued on the ring - so it's not a thing that comes off easily, im afraid.
Happy to hear if someone has any ideas - without warping or damaging the metal-ring.
Two thoughts - use a heat gun to separate the glass from the ring or immerse in boiling water. Obviously this will also affect the adhesive you want to keep, but adding a different adhesive shouldn't be too difficult.

The other option is to try and find a washer of similar size that will work with the magnets on the filter.

I've fitted one of these. The glass UV filter is quite easy to get out with a little care and patience. You just need to break it with something sharpish (I used a cross head screwdriver). once it is slightly broken you can carefully remove the glass element. Care is really needed though as the glass is sharp.
To mount it I used a small amount of hot glue but think it would be better to use one of the screen mirror stickers cut to size and fitted where the glass element used to be.

I also bought the cpl filter for Mini 0805. The UV filter i removed using a screwdriver and smashed it:). After that I used dubble side tape and cut it (using a very sharp knife). No ventilation holes are blocked and the cpl lens is working very well.

On the left without filter, on the right with filter.

voordelen cpl1.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
foofi Mini 0801 0
Back