Fox Offer Warranty

JSMC

Reaction score
Purchased GS9000 on April 1 only to find a compression pin in the mount was bad. Spent $45. sending it back and after 45 days finally got the same broke unit back that I sent them. I was told in email I would receive a new unit. Support from Fox Offer will not even return my emails. Probably a bad idea to do business with this group.

JSMC said:
Purchased GS9000 on April 1 only to find a compression pin in the mount was bad. Spent $45. sending it back and after 45 days finally got the same broke unit back that I sent them. I was told in email I would receive a new unit. Support from Fox Offer will not even return my emails. Probably a bad idea to do business with this group.

I've dealt with Foxoffer warranty support on 2 occasions. The first time was with my GS9000 which I had to send back due to a bad mount (cost to me was AUD$40 for registered post) to which I received a full refund once it was received (took 4 weeks to arrive). The second time was with my new GS900 which had many issues (which were finally sorted through firmware updates) to which Foxoffer refunded me 30% for being a good customer and sticking with them. The GS900 is still covered under full warranty should something go wrong.

I will continue to purchase from Foxoffer as in my eyes they have done all they can to keep me happy. They are one of the top suppliers the way I see it. Not many other suppliers provide a Blog, which Foxoffer does, which is actually helpful.

They have always answered my queries in an acceptable manner and time frame. What else could you ask for?

Cheers :) Mario

I've only just ordered from Foxoffer so I can't really speak from first hand experience quite yet. As with all my first-time dealings through a new supplier, I'll be watching them like a hawk and reporting on real-world service levels so others can benefit from any trials and tribulations that pop up in the process. If my package shows up in the Singapore post tracking shortly (they've only gotten the 'information' thus far but it's only been four days), I'll be encouraged. Of course I'll be more encouraged if I get properly new goods without broken parts. :-)

Having said that, anytime you're dealing with this sort of cross-globe commerce, especially from China, you have to cut them *some* slack on the delivery/return timelines in my opinion. It still boggles my mind that I can order something from Apple and see it being built in Shenzhen, shipped, tracked, and delivered to my doorstep around the globe two weeks later. The globe is shrinking but it's still a heck of a commute from China.

I watched Foxoffer's response to the problems with the GS900 firmware in these threads before jumping on their order queue and for a (relatively) small company, to my mind they seem to have responded as quickly as could be expected. Don't get me wrong, until I see when I get my cam and how it behaves, I'm not going to champion their cause blindly but I'm also going to give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. If they fail me, I promise you'll ALL hear about it. :-) Stay tuned.

- CH

Just a fast follow up as most of the discussion on this cam is in another thread. I received my cam from FoxOffer on time and in good shape. Packed properly, nothing wrong with the camera, all the promised extra bits were included and unbroken, and it's making good video (as long as the weather cooperates - it's been raining for three days straight). I understand the original poster's frustration but for my two cents worth, FoxOffer seems to have done well thus far. Remember to take everything you read on the interwebs, good AND bad, with a grain of salt.

And no, they're not paying me to say this. :D

Cheers!

- CH

Back