I think this brand has a fake 4k sensor

DonnyD

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been thinking of getting a Hupejos V80, 4 channel dash cam so I can have full coverage for front, rear, right, and left. I really like the form factor but not the idea of it not being a mainstream producer. That is, will I be able to get tech support if I have problems. I sent support a few emails and I did get a response within 12 hours. I also asked support what type of sensor this 4k cam has. The answer was that it was a "Shanghai Geke Micro Sensor model GC4653". When I looked up the specs, it has a 4MP CMOS sensor (and not an 8MP sensor). In other words, I think it's a fake 4k. Glad I discovered this before I bought.
Question: Does this 4 channel dash cam form factor have any future?

I
I have been thinking of getting a Hupejos V80, 4 channel dash cam so I can have full coverage for front, rear, right, and left. I really like the form factor but not the idea of it not being a mainstream producer. That is, will I be able to get tech support if I have problems. I sent support a few emails and I did get a response within 12 hours. I also asked support what type of sensor this 4k cam has. The answer was that it was a "Shanghai Geke Micro Sensor model GC4653". When I looked up the specs, it has a 4MP CMOS sensor (and not an 8MP sensor). In other words, I think it's a fake 4k. Glad I discovered this before I bought.
Question: Does this 4 channel dash cam form factor have any future?

Welcome to the forum DonnyD
I found this review on Amazon....
3.0 out of 5 starsVerified Purchase
Pretty good overall
Reviewed in the United States on March 17, 2024
Style: V80-4CH

I've had this camera for 4 months. Overall great camera. Looking at video with the SD card on the laptop was interesting. Needed a specific video player. The mount for the camera did melt which is very unfortunate. Now it is crooked

A melting mount!
Specific (Special) player?

If the sensor specs is what you found then their ads are a lie and misleading.

This Dashcam looks similar to so many others it probably comes from the same factory just different brands.

The brands I've tested don't have 4 channels like that.
The vantrue nexus n5 has 4x cameras but not arranged that way.

I might have suggested Rexing who asked me to review their product but no reply since Saturday!
@Sam_Rexing

I'm sure others will be able to tell you more.

I too got a response from Rexing, but am not interested in a 4 channel dash cam that only does 1080 on all 4 channels. There are a few people making a similar form factor 4 channel, but none have a true 4k (I believe) and none have the Starvis 2 sensor. I have seen the nexus N5, but not a fan of how the shot angles are.
I have a Chevy Bolt EV and it has a small stationary window just in front of the rear view mirror. I can attach a picture if anyone is interested. Then I could buy a Viofo A229 Pro 3 channel and mount the interior camera on the small window on the driver's side.
I'd still like to know if anybody knows if the 4 channel form factor will be adopted by Viofo or any of the other big companies?

Back