Mobius writing corrupt files

dino

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I did a check of my front mobius memory card today. To my immense surprise, about halfway (prob a bit less) filling the card with files, the files went corrupt. The first 20 or so, fine. Then in the middle of an otherwise uneventful ride this weekend, suddenly the rest of the files went unplayable. The file sizes were pretty much as expected however none did play. I tried several players (VLC/MPC) normally working with virtually anything, also tried to open in my video editor (Power Director) - nope! All I got was errors, "unsupported files" and such.

Did some troubleshooting and it soon turned out to be something with the memory card (?). Mobius continued to refuse to cooperate but when I changed to another memory suddenly it happily started working again. A format later (using mSetup), the original stubborn card (a kingston 32GB) decided it would return back to work. Now everything is fine and it seems to be recording without issues whatsoever. So weird.

Could it be a formatting issue? I'm not sure what I did when I originally formatted that card, think I used SDFormatter but I'm not 100% sure. Now I'll give it a try and have it record a few hours and see how it goes.

Scratching my head... :confused:

Could it be a formatting issue? I'm not sure what I did when I originally formatted that card, think I used SDFormatter but I'm not 100% sure.

From the Manual...

'For optimal card performance it is recommended to always use the camera's built-in formatter'.

Probably so.... :oops::rolleyes: Thanks for pointing this out.

After much troubleshooting and testing it turned out to be a faulty memory card. Had nothing to do with formatting or mobius. No matter where I plugged it in, when it got about half full files started to go corrupt. My first ever faulty memory card!!... yay I guess o_O:eek:

Genuine card?

As far I know, yes. A Kingston 32gb class 10, bought together with a Samsung Galaxy 4 phone as a deal from my usual local supplier of electronic goodies. When I think about it, it didn't work that great in the phone either but the idea it could be something wrong with the card itself honestly never crossed my mind. Until now.

Anyway, issue now solved.

Back