Updating your Firmware.. a Video how to GT680W

REyewitness

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT200W, GT680W, GT550WS, G1W-C, K6000, SJ4000
Created a video on updating Firmware, hope it can help others out. This is on the GT680W but others are very similar.

Just noticed that's running v3.0 - is that a new release please?

I've got to admit my GT680w's have been absolute workhorses and are still my go to cameras as still yet to get one as reliable!

Yes its 3.0. Up from 2.7.

Can I have a link to where the latest firmware is located? Is there a thread or change log somewhere for that v3.0 firmware also?

V3 is only for the new GPS module as confirmed by Nancylee. I have the black one with white writing which was the second version but doesn't work with this version.

was hoping they'd have added the feature to let you remove the speed stamp but no such luck yet!

OK understood that it may not be for my version of the camera. Can someone please link the page where I firmware updates for this camera are uploaded? I want to bookmark it and check in on it from time to time for updates on my version of the camera.

They don't host them anywhere I've seen, their update naming convention doesn't seem to follow any sensible pattern, along with the multiple hardware changes they've made, I think that's probably a good idea

OK understood that it may not be for my version of the camera. Can someone please link the page where I firmware updates for this camera are uploaded? I want to bookmark it and check in on it from time to time for updates on my version of the camera.

Guys its best to deal with your retailer directly for firmware updates. There are too many variables to just post firmware updates and hope you have the correct version of camera to support the firmware.
Firmware updates and support are all part of dealing with companies like ours.
Cheap price gets cheap service.

I did like the video for the update, thanks .

However, and I understand that you want business but it would be very helpful to members of the forum, which is primarily a source of knowledge and help to offer a location of the firmware update. With the caveat that it is at the down loaders risk, not yours.
This would probably be a better sales pitch than the answer you gave.
How about helping the previous posters and giving the link.
If they brick so be it- nothing on you. Maybe even another sale.

Understand your thinking @Flynscot however in the case of these Seezeus/Shadow cameras there can be firmware with the same version numbers that don't work with the hardware depending on which seller it came from, while they make good value cameras their internal management systems are all over the place and things like who it is sold to, what colour it is etc can mean two different firmware versions but both with the same number, it's a support nightmare the way they run things unfortunately, referring you back to your seller in this instance is good advice

Back