Parking/Motion Mode

omg35s

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone using this camera and using the parking/motion mode? The description doesn't really say that it even has a parking mode but I do see a motion sensor in the camera.

Has anyone successively used this in parking mode? Any videos of this? Experiences?

Also, I'm assuming I'd have to buy the Blackvue Power Magic in order for my battery not to drain and die?

Thanks in advanced

I have never used this camera in parking mode. I guess it is possible, but in some of these cameras when motion detection is on, cycle recording is off.

I just got my DVR-027 and wanted to test out the motion detection mode, so I turned it on, set it on my coffee table, pointing at my bike and bookshelf, both utterly stationary, and it kept continuing to record every two minutes. The only thing that I could see that would have possibly triggered the motion detector was since it was indoors, it was kind of grainy and said grain/ISO noise kind of "moved" if that makes sense. You know how you can tell the difference between a freeze frame of movie and a locked off static shot of running film? Either the grain is still like a picture, or it is "living" and moving. So it appears that the motion detector is so sensitive that grain or ISO noise will set it off.

Has anyone had success with the motion detector mode not running continuously?

On a side note, I was happy to discover that it will do this running off the internal battery.

Can you adjust the sensitivity? I think you can on other higher-end cameras.

If that's the case then the camera is always turned on so what's the point of the motion sensor?

No sensitivity adjustment on this one that I can find. However, I tried it again with more ambient light, and it worked as it was supposed to. I now have high confidence it will work just fine during the day, but not so much at night.

I use it all the time. Works pretty well. I have it set to 5 minutes. My security guard always shows up at the same time every night ... lol

Presumably, epcjay, you are aiming it at a well-lit area (see comment above about ambient light)?

omg35s said:
Anyone using this camera and using the parking/motion mode? The description doesn't really say that it even has a parking mode but I do see a motion sensor in the camera.

Has anyone successively used this in parking mode? Any videos of this? Experiences?

Also, I'm assuming I'd have to buy the Blackvue Power Magic in order for my battery not to drain and die?

Thanks in advanced

Hey newbie here, I just ordered the new DVR-207GS.

I too am curious about parking mode. What is the point of the internal battery if you can't tell the camera to switch to internal battery once the car is shut off? I'm assuming this is in case you need to rip the camera off the windshield and still record more as you walk around. (post accident or what ever happened)

So if it's true Parking Mode can only be used when the camera is powered on at all times,(hard wired to car battery) I'd like to better understand how it works. Would I have to worry about my car battery going dead if i left it going for 3+ days in a row for example?
The Blackvue Power Magic sounds like a work around. (did you do it? or know anyone that has?)

It would be nice if they figure out a way to use the built in, internal battery to be used while the car is off. It might not last forever, but long enough. It would then be re-charged after you drive around again.

Again, I don't have mine yet and I'm trying to figure out how the motion detection and G-Shock sensor plays into the Parking Mode.

The problem with Motion detection is it might create gaps between files it seems.
http://dashcamtalk.com/dvr-207/#Gaps_between_clips

EDIT: just got around to checking out the BlackVue Power Magic looks like a good option)
http://dashcamtalk.com/battery-discharge-prevention/
Regular: http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub1.asp?idx=12
or
Pro: http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub1.asp?idx=13

Last edited by a moderator:
Back