Problem with Dod LS300W

Delphiwizard

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi all,

After a month being at customs (ugh) my Dod ls300w arrived today.
It worked for like half hour and now it seems dead, i hope someone here can help me troubleshoot to see what the problem is.

I suspect the battery is empty and it didn't get charged while driving because the connector does not always connect prperly.
Anyway, suddenly it turned off and now i can not turn it on, pushing the buttons does nothing, the reset does not change anything and connecting the camera to pc with usb or connect it to car power lits the blue led for like 15 seconds and then it goes off again.

Does anyone have a idea what i can try?

Remove the battery. Give it a blow, give it a shake, give it a kiss.

Put it back in, put it on charge for 30 mins and then give it a go and see what pops up.

Thanks Pcyuljr, but i need to open it up for the battery right?
How do i open it, are there instructions somewhere to be seen?

Try a credit card or a flat plastic spudger tool to pry open.
DOD models have a sticker on them that will be broken if you open the case. Don't know what that will do for your warranty.

connect whit usb on computer

wait the purple light turn into Red light

and it´s done working again

mine sudden died , i put on computer and 2 hours later was ready for action.

Thanks for the responses.
Yesterday the led was only blue for like 15 seconds, then it turned off, never turned red.
I didn't succeed opening it yet, i'm so afraid of damaging the case.

Now, after leaving it disconnected for over night the blue led seems to stay on when connected to pc, so fingers crossed that it will turn red in 2 hours.

Yes i have tried it with the car cig charger, same thing.

This morning the led was blue for one hour, then it went off.
Still can't turn it on, with or without cable...it just does nothing.

Yes, i have been messing around with it for days now and it just seems unreliable, so i contacted my seller; however since i opened it up i might be in trouble.
Sometimes i can get it to work but there is no routine that works everytime, sometimes i have to press the reset and power, sometimes others, its randomly that it starts working.

When it is, you turn it off and can't turn it back on.
Really weird.

For now i seen the led light being blue, red and purple.
Guess i just have bad luck, waited for a full month to get it, payed 166 euro + 80 euro customs fee and it doesn't even work.

Ah well, there are worse things going on in the world.

Damn where you got :eek: its 148 bucks on foxoffer and less on some chinese stores.
for me i don´t paid any extra fee :mrgreen: customs here is russian roulette :lol:

Back