DR500 time Zone Problem

It seems that the battery(for RTC) inside units has fully discharged

1. Format SD card using SD Formatter, http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub ... searchstr=
2. Insert SD card into the device and Power On to initialize once again
3. Keep power on through drive or ignition on for more than 2 hours to recharge the built in battery.

If it is not fixed with the solution above, pls. contact the shop where you purchased. And, for your information, if you purchased it through all of global on line markets(www.ebay.com, www.amazon.com etc..) or parallel exported channels(Korean version), we cannot provide any type of warranty service at all.

Thank you..

Best Regards,
Pittasoft Co., Ltd.

Last edited by a moderator:
BobABooey said:
If it is not fixed with the solution above, pls. contact the shop where you purchased. And, for your information, if you purchased it through all of global on line markets(http://www.ebay.com, http://www.amazon.com etc..) or parallel exported channels(Korean version), we cannot provide any type of warranty service at all.

Thank you..

Best Regards,
Pittasoft Co., Ltd.

appreciate that they have dealer channels but there are people that purchase from unofficial channels unknowingly, very poor on their behalf to just turn their backs on these customers and say bad luck, even if they offered some sort of support as a paid service where it had to be sent back to Korea at the customers expense would be better than nothing, they still made the product so it's their faulty goods regardless of where it was purchased from, they weren't stolen from the factory I take it so they still got their money for the product, worst customer service ever I think

jokiin said:
BobABooey said:
If it is not fixed with the solution above, pls. contact the shop where you purchased. And, for your information, if you purchased it through all of global on line markets(http://www.ebay.com, http://www.amazon.com etc..) or parallel exported channels(Korean version), we cannot provide any type of warranty service at all.

Thank you..

Best Regards,
Pittasoft Co., Ltd.

appreciate that they have dealer channels but there are people that purchase from unofficial channels unknowingly, very poor on their behalf to just turn their backs on these customers and say bad luck, even if they offered some sort of support as a paid service where it had to be sent back to Korea at the customers expense would be better than nothing, they still made the product so it's their faulty goods regardless of where it was purchased from, they weren't stolen from the factory I take it so they still got their money for the product, worst customer service ever I think

agree with this. don't understand all this authorized re-seller business.
you should get manufacturer warranty regardless.

jamesbcd said:
agree with this. don't understand all this authorized re-seller business.
you should get manufacturer warranty regardless.

I understand in one respect as the reseller agreement would lose it's value to the reseller if they were having to support product they didn't sell and it would encourage people to buy online for cheaper and then look to the expensive supplier for support, if Pittasoft still supported the product but it was at the consumers expense to get it back to Korea at least would be helping the end user who quite often has bought unknowingly through unofficial channels and for those that took the gamble to buy online and maybe save some money at least they'd have an option, the fact that they turn their backs on these consumers with their faulty products to me speaks volumes about the type of business they run, as a consumer I would never deal with them knowing how they treat customers

would be nice if failures never happened, reality is they do and nobody is exempt, how you deal with a problem is how people judge you as a business, they should think about this, they won't though, I don't like to stereotype but their attitude is very typical of Korean businesses

Pittasoft does not have a great customer service reputation. They once cancelled warranties for people who did a group buy on a Canadian Deals Site. The group buy was via an authorized dealer for 250 Blackvue DR400G-HD cameras. They eventually changed their mind. So note that even buying through authorized channels, there is no guarantee that Pittasoft will honor the warranty.

DashCamMan said:
Pittasoft does not have a great customer service reputation. They once cancelled warranties for people who did a group buy on a Canadian Deals Site. The group buy was via an authorized dealer for 250 Blackvue DR400G-HD cameras. They eventually changed their mind. So note that even buying through authorized channels, there is no guarantee that Pittasoft will honor the warranty.

I hadn't heard of that warranty situation with the group buy, pretty ridiculous behavior though

Too much noise for these poor BlackVue cameras.
I don't think any BlackVue user recommends a BlackVue. And if a camera is not recommended by the users, then is a poor camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

I had both DR500 and Lukas Lk-7300G, The video quality of Lukas always better and less noise at night than DR500. I also have the Fine vu 500 which clearly the winner in video quality, but I found it hard to find the right UPC for it parking mode.

BobABooey said:
It seems that the battery(for RTC) inside units has fully discharged

1. Format SD card using SD Formatter, http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub ... searchstr=
2. Insert SD card into the device and Power On to initialize once again
3. Keep power on through drive or ignition on for more than 2 hours to recharge the built in battery.

Pittasoft Co., Ltd.

I try to do this way to solve this problem and recharge more than 10 hours, but the problem still exist.

My zone time at Taipei, but the time always show at Moscow.

Could anybody help me? Thanks!!

If you can set some time-zone in your software try: Reykjavik or Casablanca, Azores.

The official SD Formatter link is here.

enjoy,
Mtz

Do you have the original firmware, or custom?
In the original, you need to set the time zone
delete files in the "record", and the "log" files in the system
turn on the DVR and wait for a stable reception GPS

Mio said:
Do you have the original firmware, or custom?
In the original, you need to set the time zone
delete files in the "record", and the "log" files in the system
turn on the DVR and wait for a stable reception GPS

You actually need to set it in the settings menu in the Viewer It will set the time for that time zone in the pictures NOT the zone you are in if its incorrect.

I didnt change mine and it was set to London when I am on the East coast of Australia Gave time 10 hours out.

My 400 did the same when I went to USA Was still set to AU zone and was well out with date and times till I redid the settings.

You dont need to delete anything just do the settings correctly and save it to the card

ricoyu said:
Oxydo said:
Try update latest firmware ,may solve your problem.

Do you know where I can download the latest firmware?

English or Korean I can upload the Korean firmware to Google drive and also have the 1.005 English.

If you look through the threads on here there are links to both

Like here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=933

Have a look around its all there or do you want someone to do it for you

For the Korean camera is right here.

enjoy,
Mtz

I update the firmware,but the recording led always show green light,the camera no response.
It became a brick.
Could anybody help me?
I will appreciate and thank you!!!!!

what firmware was and what set?

My cam in original is Russian version firmware,then I update the DR500GWHD_v1.005E(2013_0315)_for_Korean_dashcam firmware.
Then became a brick.

Back