Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Milamber said:
jokiin said:
Milamber said:
Download from here and select SVP 3.1.4 Full: http://www.svp-team.com/

just gave it a try, very slight improvement, perhaps that's a limitation of my monitor, I'll try it on something better later and see if it looks better

Play a Hollywood movie and make sure SVP is enabled in system tray. With people moving its very noticeable... it should say on the media player lassic video program 60fps.. in green at the bottom.

yeah I got the writing on screen giving me the frame rate, like I said perhaps a limitation of my monitor that the difference was not too great, I have a dual screen setup (2 x 22" monitors) and loaded the same file up side by side to compare, this is not ideal though as these monitors are 1680x1050 and the source files are 1920x1080 so some scaling going on, I have another PC with better graphics and connected to a 51" 1920x1080p monitor that I use for testing, will try it on that later, perhaps the result is more noticeable

there's a source file here from my camera (just a 1 minute sample clip) if you want to have a look http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?czc96j7tqkgangt

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: What's better for ITB-100HD: 1080p or 720p?

Milamber said:
jokiin said:
there's a source file here from my camera (just a 1 minute sample clip) if you want to have a look http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?czc96j7tqkgangt

Thanks, ripping it down now. What dashcam is that! The quality is impeccable..

thanks, appreciate you looking at it, maybe not so noticeable for boring footage of driving 50km/h down a suburban street, I've got guys that use these for track days though, smoother playback might be more beneficial when they're doing 200+ so interested to see how it goes

Milamber said:
What dashcam is that! The quality is impeccable..

it's my own product, it's a GS1000 based model

Wow! You have a lot of bitrate there. ;-)
Don't you think what is over 10000kbps is too much?

enjoy,
Mtz

jokiin said:
Milamber said:
jokiin said:

Thanks, ripping it down now. What dashcam is that! The quality is impeccable..

thanks, appreciate you looking at it, maybe not so noticeable for boring footage of driving 50km/h down a suburban street, I've got guys that use these for track days though, smoother playback might be more beneficial when they're doing 200+ so interested to see how it goes

What camera do you have, model etc?

Mtz said:

enjoy,
Mtz

It's user selectable in the menu from 6000 to 15000, 10000 still gives good results though, I just run it at 15000 more for testing purposes

jokiin said:
Mtz said:

enjoy,
Mtz

It's user selectable in the menu from 6000 to 15000, 10000 still gives good results though, I just run it at 15000 more for testing purposes

Can you please link me the exact model of this camera... so I can grab one.

jokiin said:
Just great!

I think the Itronics start from 6000 and stops to... 6000? :mrgreen: But still a great camera, maybe because of optics and big CMOS sensor (1/2.7")

enjoy,
Mtz

Milamber said:
jokiin said:
Mtz said:

enjoy,
Mtz

Can you please link me the exact model of this camera... so I can grab one.

I don't have a link as its not currently sold online, that might change soon though

Whereabouts are you located?

I'm in Adelaide.

Really keen on this camera...

Found it! It's a DATAKAM G6

Video here:

Milamber said:
Found it! It's a DATAKAM G6

Video here:

It's not a G6, close but not the same

jokiin said:
I don't have a link as its not currently sold online, that might change soon though
I hope once your camera is available online, you will let us all know! No false sense of modesty or any of such nonsense should stop you :)

AleksGK said:
jokiin said:
I hope once your camera is available online, you will let us all know! No false sense of modesty or any of such nonsense should stop you :)

I reckon I found it....

YouTube GS9000

Milamber said:
AleksGK said:
jokiin said:

I reckon I found it....

YouTube GS9000

No not a GS9000

If or when available online I will provide details

jokiin said:
No not a GS9000

If or when available online I will provide details

Ambarella?

I bet a dollar this is a Datakam G6 OEM Product and jokiin has done some firmware changes to increase the bit rate, add in the kmph and changed the Lat/Long display with a modded firmware. This is easy to script, in fact anyone can take a product and modify the options for on onscreen display and call it a "new model", that's my guess anyway, which is why there is no such item on the market. Anyway, Same text, same text color, same text location ans same quality:

Back