need an av-out cable for my car dvr

davidhilldallas

Reaction score
the cables i have tried don't work. i have tried a straight 1 to 1 cable and the 1 to 3 cable with video and 2 audios. i have seen in some dvr cales included that have a 1 to 2 cable 1 video and 1 audio. i show an example link below that shows a cable included with camera.

can someone point me to where I can buy one of these cables that work with my car dvr,

example showing the cable:

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2-5 ... 30111.html

this is the car dvr i have:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZS ... UTF8&psc=1

i would appreciate any help or info on this cable

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually a stereo jack is enough, because these cameras I think don't have also audio out.

In my cameras the Ground was the first pin even the Jack was with 2-3-4 pins:
11686.png

This image is only to show you the pinouts number and the possibliity of 3 or 4 pins.

I think all people have in their house a RCA to RCA cable so they need only the Jack to RCA adapter like this:
3_5mm_2_5mm_plug_to_rca.jpg

And you can find them in some local electric stores.

enjoy,
Mtz

I have this cam and needed a long AV cable. In the end I purchased these items (long cable and a short adapter) which do work:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B001AQTIII
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B000LAW7IC
They are from Amazon UK but I'm sure you can easily source an equivalent. For your information make sure you get a 3.5mm plug and the pinout from the tip is audio/video/ground.

Hope this helps.

*EDIT* the cable you sourced above wont work. It needs to be 3.5mm/3 pole plug.

davidhilldallas said:
thanks, I also located a 3.5 and bought it... I'm hoping this is the one..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110830923079?ss ... 1439.l2649

I'm using a similar cable that I just had laying around for my LB100. It is not completely functional. Either they've wired the TV-Out jack on the LB100 backwards or there is a dimensional gaff. I cannot insert the plug all the way in to the unit and have it output video. I must pull it back out a little ways for it to send video out and even then it is very touchy. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
msdfw said:
I'm using a similar cable that I just had laying around for my LB100. It is not completely functional. Either they've wired the TV-Out jack on the LB100 backwards or there is a dimensional gaff. I cannot insert the plug all the way in to the unit and have it output video. I must pull it back out a little ways for it to send video out and even then it is very touchy. Good luck.
No such problem with my cable and cam so maybe the LB100 requires a different pinout such as the 4 pole or 2 pole described in MTZ's post above. For the OP's camera the cable should work fine although the ebay description doesn't show the pinout details (I would imagine though that it is compatible).

A couple of points I did forget to mention.

The connector to the cam can't be too 'fat' if you want to plug it in with the rear camera also connected as the sockets are quite close together. That ebay one looks quite a bit bigger than the amazon one I bought (see the right angle connector on the link above). It may be OK but wont even be an issue if you want to use the cam and cable outside the car (I use it in car).

If you record with the cable plugged in the cam wont record the rear camera for some reason. I originally wanted the AV cable permanently plugged in but because of this I now have to plug it it when I want to play back the video.

A Stereo 3.5mm cable as in your original post will do the trick The yellow end is Video the red or white one is audio Can be bought at any Hi Fi store all over the world Nothing special about them.

In the USA Radio Shack will sell them or Walmart probably.

Take a pic of what you want with you

I think I've discovered the issue with the Livue LB100 TV-out connector. It looks like they are not using a standard camcorder connection. As close as I can tell they are using the first pinout shown in the image below. I'm using a cable from my camcorder, when I pull the connector out of the jack on the LB100 about the distance of the first ring then I get video out. I'll have to make an adapter that reverses the pin and the shield and I should be able to pull video from the right audio connector when the plug is inserted all the way.

msdfw said:
I think I've discovered the issue with the Livue LB100 TV-out connector. It looks like they are not using a standard camcorder connection. As close as I can tell they are using the first pinout shown in the image below. I'm using a cable from my camcorder, when I pull the connector out of the jack on the LB100 about the distance of the first ring then I get video out. I'll have to make an adapter that reverses the pin and the shield and I should be able to pull video from the right audio connector when the plug is inserted all the way.

I did confirm that the LB100 uses a non-standard TV-out. A standard camcorder cable will not work. If you have one of these units you'll either need to buy the Livue cable, or find one of the non-standard cables shown in line 1 of the image or build your own.

thanks for all the input. I did get a cable working (sort of), but's it acting exactly like ukdriver's. If i have it in during cam startup, the camera will just power-cycle. If I unplug, the camera will turn on and record. but if I plug it in at this point, it will go to playback mode and will playback and display correctly to a monitor. I get color video and sound with plugged all of the way in. So I don't know if this is normal OR I still just don't have the right cable. But closer than before.
So still searching for a perfect cable OR does my or these cameras not support video out in record mode?

davidhilldallas said:
OR does my or these cameras not support video out in record mode?

I would expect this is the more common scenario, really only an issue for cams that do not have their own LCD display though

davidhilldallas said:
thanks for all the input. I did get a cable working (sort of), but's it acting exactly like ukdriver's. If i have it in during cam startup, the camera will just power-cycle. If I unplug, the camera will turn on and record. but if I plug it in at this point, it will go to playback mode and will playback and display correctly to a monitor. I get color video and sound with plugged all of the way in. So I don't know if this is normal OR I still just don't have the right cable. But closer than before.
So still searching for a perfect cable OR does my or these cameras not support video out in record mode?
Actually that's not quite how mine works. I can power up with the cable plugged in and it will go to record mode but it only records the forward camera - it doesn't power cycle. The LCD is switched off when the cable is plugged in. Plugging in the cable in after power up doesn't stop the cam recording either.

The cable you have is fine. It must be a firmware thing but I'm afraid the cam I have doesn't have an option in the menu to display the version I have.

In the second post I provided the pinouts and which is the right cable but people don't want to read.

enjoy,
Mtz

It's pretty much a trial-and-error exercise because a piece of jack doesn't normally come with a pinout diagram.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

The only thing to ask is if the first pin is Ground. The others don't matter.
I have a cable with Yellow RCA Video and a cable with White RCA Video so the colors of RCA are not important. In real stores in Romania I found almost only cables with Ground as first pin.
When I was to the store and paid $2 for a cable, I asked before if the first pin is Ground. The seller checked it in front of me and I bought it because was OK.
I don't need to go on ebay to some trial and error and wait maybe 1 month for a $2 cable and hope it is good. Our life is not only on ebay or online.

enjoy.
Mtz

Back