Powerucc Panorama2

I am seriously considering ordering this camera but I have a couple of questions before I commit and the seller is currently away. Would anyone have physical dimensions for it? (LxWxH) I want to make a paper box first and see how it'll fit behind my rear-view mirror which is kind of bulky itself.
I read early in the thread that there is/was a problem with the GPS in North America. Has this been resolved? And last, does this camera work with the Registrator Viewer?

I'd appreciate any heads-up, based on this thread and niko's reporting I believe that I've found what I'd been looking for.

Thank you.

I am seriously considering ordering this camera but I have a couple of questions before I commit and the seller is currently away. Would anyone have physical dimensions for it? (LxWxH) I want to make a paper box first and see how it'll fit behind my rear-view mirror which is kind of bulky itself.
I read early in the thread that there is/was a problem with the GPS in North America. Has this been resolved? And last, does this camera work with the Registrator Viewer?

I'd appreciate any heads-up, based on this thread and niko's reporting I believe that I've found what I'd been looking for.

Thank you.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that RegistratorViewer now works with this camera (and I believe someone else from the USA said it displays proper coordinates for him now too).

I have a question about the capacitor in this camera. Does the capacitor allow the camera to be used without power being connected to it? Or does the capacitor only keep the camera powered long enough to save the current file after the vehicle has been turned off?

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that RegistratorViewer now works with this camera (and I believe someone else from the USA said it displays proper coordinates for him now too).

if it doesn't show the correct map view straight up in Registrator Viewer check the settings as there are some options there relating to the co-ordinates and how to interpret them for playback

I have a question about the capacitor in this camera. Does the capacitor allow the camera to be used without power being connected to it? Or does the capacitor only keep the camera powered long enough to save the current file after the vehicle has been turned off?

Capacitor is there for file save at power off

I believe that the latest FW resolves the GPS issues and the time resetting to Korean standard time whenever there is a GPS lock.

I just ordered this camera last Saturday after reading Niko's review and looking at longevity issues with GT300W. I am supposed to be picking it up tomorrow. Has anyone had any problems with heat? Such as lens going out of focus, and how close is this cam to Lukas/Blackvue? If I am typing this in wrong section then moderators or admins can erase this post or move it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Thank you.

If you read full thread you see that there are no GPS readings issues using Regaitrator Viewer Beta version. It's most advanced dash cam video files viewer out there.
Size below.

Panorama2 size.jpg

I believe that the latest FW resolves the GPS issues and the time resetting to Korean standard time whenever there is a GPS lock.

It does not reset to Korean time as long as you do not pull out GPS antenna.
1. Plug power cable
2. plug GPS antenna
3. power on device.
4. wait till gps locks
5. set time to local time

after this everything set.
You can power on, power off, no time reset as long as you keep gps antenna pluged in.
As soon as you unplug gps antenna and later plug it in back, then it will reset to local Korean time.
If you keep gps antenna pluged in, - no reste happens.

I just ordered this camera last Saturday after reading Niko's review and looking at longevity issues with GT300W. I am supposed to be picking it up tomorrow. Has anyone had any problems with heat? Such as lens going out of focus, and how close is this cam to Lukas/Blackvue? If I am typing this in wrong section then moderators or admins can erase this post or move it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

On the paper Panorama2 is close to Lukas 7900, but true verdict can be done only with face to face testes, which as long as I know nobody done yet.
No problem with heat yet reported.
Operational temperature by manual is -20 + 70 degrees Celsius.

It does not reset to Korean time as long as you do not pull out GPS antenna.
1. Plug power cable
2. plug GPS antenna
3. power on device.
4. wait till gps locks
5. set time to local time

after this everything set.
You can power on, power off, no time reset as long as you keep gps antenna pluged in.
As soon as you unplug gps antenna and later plug it in back, then it will reset to local Korean time.

There's logic to this when its an external GPS module

There's logic to this when its an external GPS module

Yes, its an external GPS module.

I have my own thought about this "logic", but can you explain yours, - you know this stuff from manufacturer point of view.

The modules are available with or without a backup battery, the behavior suggests to me this one is without and it relies on the camera for power for backup, the amount of power needed is tiny and no problem for the camera to do this

If you read full thread you see that there are no GPS readings issues using Regaitrator Viewer Beta version. It's most advanced dash cam video files viewer out there.
Size below.

View attachment 1571
Thank you for the reply. I'd read the full thread at first when I was just a little interested in the camera. When I became very interested and wanted to look up more details, I couldn't find the relevant information to verify. And the seller was away to answer questions. Hence my plea in the forum.

The seller is back too now so I can ask questions directly.

Thank you again.

Thank you for the reply. I'd read the full thread at first when I was just a little interested in the camera. When I became very interested and wanted to look up more details, I couldn't find the relevant information to verify. And the seller was away to answer questions. Hence my plea in the forum.

The seller is back too now so I can ask questions directly.

Thank you again.

If you talking about krpkorea ( official powerucc re-seller ), - they have great and quick service, however only forums like this one here ( and Korean forums ) can give you more practical answers, so dont hesitate asking here.

Oh, that's not so useful! One needs to reset the time every time the camera is brought back to the car after taken into the house? And re-attach it of course. That's a major deal breaker, for me at least. I wonder if this is permanent or something that they will work on but I don't see how, without some kind of data retention.

Oh, that's not so useful! One needs to reset the time every time the camera is brought back to the car after taken into the house? And re-attach it of course. That's a major deal breaker, for me at least. I wonder if this is permanent or something that they will work on but I don't see how, without some kind of data retention.

THats not a big deal if you take gps antenna with you along with a unit without unplugging it . GPS antenna is fairly small in size and antenna cord is only about 25-30cm long.
This is only firmware update related issue, which will be fixed in some stage.

Sorry, but this Gps timeset issue is a severe bug and should be called so.

All these handling tipps (takeing it out with gps module cable attached) is not a solution but a sick's treatment.

Iow: it can not be that hard to implement a field to setup time zone. I've seen such on crappy 29USD GS1000 rip offs from alibaba.

Sorry, but this Gps timeset issue is a severe bug and should be called so.

All these handling tipps (takeing it out with gps module cable attached) is not a solution but a sick's treatment.

Iow: it can not be that hard to implement a field to setup time zone. I've seen such on crappy 29USD GS1000 rip offs from alibaba.

I agree with you, - it is not convenient every time to take away gps along with dash camera. This is the only solution at the moment if you using a GPS antenna.
It's all because developer ( powerucc ) have not yet plans to go international and at the moment all sales are only concentrated for local Korean market, thats why they have not yet fixed this bug.
For local Korean market ( and probably for far-East countries ), - there is no issues. It's only to blame "us", - who "forced" powerucc to sell us this dash camera before it was fully ready for international use.
I dont blame them for this relatively small bug, which they will fix sooner or later, depending on how quickly they go international. Till then I enjoy most important things for me: video quality, easy of use, reliability.

P.S. - I got new Beta v1.11.03 firmware for testing. Video quality at night is even more improved, + also motion detection recording improved. Hope maybe gps time reset issue also fixed ?
Will be testing it during upcoming couple of weeks and after I will share my thoughts.

Back