DVR D7

Seems like an interesting camera. Perhaps a dual-cam version of the Smallest HD 720p cam? The ad appears to claim both cameras are recording 720p. If that is actually the case, this is the cheapest dual 720p camera that is available.

Which is exactly my thinking. The button layout appears similar to the (new) A8. I am on the fence about the A8 and am really liking the design of this D7.

Looks realy similar to the smallest HD Dashcam. I have this one and can tell you that I'm not realy happy with it as soon as a little bit of sun comes out the camera records strange colors...

I'm also looking for a very small and unnoticeable dash cam

As far as I am aware this is down to a faulty IR filter.

The camera has been updated and this updated review reflects the new model;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDS3Ih3KHWw

If the D7 is the same as the A8 (updated camera), then it could indeed be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I've gone ahead and purchased one. This is my first ever dashcam so I have nothing to compare it against. I will try and post a review / infield footage when the unit arrives. Let's hope it is the A8 but dual-recording at 720P and that the specs are real!

Just received the unit, may I say in record time.

First impressions - very good build quality. Discrete, rotating camera. Excellent 3M plastic clips for easy attachment and removal of the camera, should you need to. Two are included, should you need to reposition the camera.

Some photos of the received unit and specs from the manual. We will see in practice how it goes!

1z64o4l.jpg

2a8mc2f.jpg

2bwl1h.jpg

vd07qw.jpg

18hg8z.jpg

vyskeh.jpg

10hvvyt.jpg

t0jbir.jpg

qq2w7l.jpg

Well, it appears the second camera is 720 x 480. To be expected really considering it uses standard AV leads.
The main camera I can confirm is 1280x720. The overlay is a red font on a black background, situated top-left.

Format : MPEG-4
Video:
Format : AVC (H.264)
Format profile : QuickTime (MOV files).
30 FPS.

Audio:
Format : AAC

So far so good. My initial impression is that the camera is very well built. The only problem for me so far is figuring out the Engrish instructions.

OK I have got round to installing the main camera (not the rear, yet). So far, I can report that there is NO 2 second gap and that each video smoothly transitions into the next. This is based on using a 2 minute video file and a class 10 16 GB micro SD card.

Upon turning off the ignition, the camera continues blinking for a while in order to save the last file - the small built in battery does it's job it seems. No issues there.

During the day, there are no UV filter defects (i.e. nuclear sky video). Night footage is a bit dark in unlit areas. I will post videos when I get some more footage, and time to play with the camera.

Furthermore, the camera is exceptionally discreet right behind the rear view mirror and is very easy to attach and take down, yet holds secure in it's plastic holder. Photos coming soon.

Wow very interesting, so small. A SECOND camera too? nice. Is it for the inside of the car? (for taxi cabs etc) or can you run an extra long extension to make it a rear facing one?

720P is a deal breaker. I'm still shopping around, I'm going to wait until the perfect 1080P dashcam comes out.

It comes with a long cable and you can place it anywhere you wish. Use it as a rear view camera or indeed install it inside the car. Dashcams are about compromise in one way or another. For the money, this is an excellent contender for a stealthy small dashcam. 1080p might be some way off, especially for a low price.

snowbord said:
It comes with a long cable and you can place it anywhere you wish. Use it as a rear view camera or indeed install it inside the car.

It sounds like the perfect Taxi Cab DVR camera. I just recommended it to this guy asking about Taxi Cab cam options. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1369

Last edited by a moderator:
Back