Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

sciagent said:
dash_new1 said:
what about the averver.sh file?
In former versions of custom firmware (e.g. 1.0.5) that file had to be placed in a root of Micro-SD card. In the most recent (1.1.0 and up), the file is located in \\BlackVue\Config folder and is engaged only when Video=1 mood is set in config-custom.ini file located in the same folder (default is Video=2).

1.1 is out? where can i get it?

mollydog said:
after many weeks of trying to take off the stamp (with Mio's FW) I've still not managed it, I'm using and Apple Mac but that shouldn't make any difference, this is in no way being ungreatful to Mio for his great help

Hi Mollydog, I just tried it tonight, and it work. I am using window pc, so i hope this will work for you too, My english is not very good, but i hope i can help. here is how i did.
1. download the "patch_shtamp_blank" folder from Mio. Open it and you will see 3 folders (mod, ori, upgrade) and one manual txt.
2. Insert SD card to PC. On Root, you will see Blackvue and avserver.sh
3. Open Blackvue folder, and then open System folder, then copy the "upgrade" folder there
4. Open mod folder, copy av-server1.out to SD card root ( So you now have Blackvue, avserver.sh, av_server1.out on SD card root )
5. Put SD card back to camera, and turn it on, and it will update automatically and then run as usual
6. Turn camera off and Put SD card back to PC
7. Open Blackvue folder, then open System folder, then delete the "upgrade" folder
8. Put SD card back to camera, and it will run as usual, and now the stamp is removed.

Hope it work for you

Last edited by a moderator:

M-Element said:
mollydog said:
after many weeks of trying to take off the stamp (with Mio's FW) I've still not managed it, I'm using and Apple Mac but that shouldn't make any difference, this is in no way being ungreatful to Mio for his great help

Hi Mollydog, I just tried it tonight, and it work. I am using window pc, so i hope this will work for you too, My english is not very good, but i hope i can help. here is how i did.
1. download the "patch_shtamp_blank" folder from Mio. Open it and you will see 3 folders (mod, ori, upgrade) and one manual txt.
2. Insert SD card to PC. On Root, you will see Blackvue and avserver.sh
3. Open Blackvue folder, and then open System folder, then copy the "upgrade" folder there
4. Open mod folder, copy av-server1.out to SD card root ( So you now have Blackvue, avserver.sh, av_server1.out on SD card root )
5. Put SD card back to camera, and turn it on, and it will update automatically and then run as usual
6. Turn camera off and Put SD card back to PC
7. Open Blackvue folder, then open System folder, then delete the "upgrade" folder
8. Put SD card back to camera, and it will run as usual, and now the stamp is removed.

Hope it work for you

I want to thank you for explaining it to me, took all of about 4 minutes and the stamp is off (after reading your message)

once you've explained it to me how to do it, it was so simple to do, I am sure it would of taken me ages to work it out, thank you very much, and your English is good :)

thank you, regards

What is the modified bitrate and are there comparison videos?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My custom stamp ! Haha.

I installed the custom firmware from Mio and was reviewing the video I recorded today. It looked nothing like the samples so I went to the properties of one of the videos and was only getting 5000kb for the bitrate. I've attached a screenshot of the avserver file. I didn't alter any settings, I just moved the custom firmware folder over and let it update.

How can I fix this?

Attachments

• blackvue1.png
    blackvue1.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 169

Dscheng said:
My custom stamp ! Haha.

Hi Dscheng!
How can you do that, can you tell us the way to do that ( how to edit to get the custom stamp ). Tks alot.

Heocon said:
Hi Dscheng!
How can you do that, can you tell us the way to do that ( how to edit to get the custom stamp ). Tks alot.
second post from top of this page tells you it all I believe, that's how he did it.

I mean how did he edit the stamp as the video. second post from top of this page just tells us how to clean the stamp but not edit it. I want to know how to edit it by myself. Tks.

yeha ya right didn't read it fully, im sure there is a post somewhere around here saying how to do it, just cant find it. unless it in V1.1 it can only be done?
Mio can help probably

wozzzzza, you have the same original firmware 1.005E
why do you need it? :lol:

Edit the stamp must be in Hex Editor.
At the same time if you do something wrong, the registrar will not turn on

Heocon, there you go, hex editing, not something you want to do unless your an engineer like Mio.

JazJon said:
Is 1.1 released yet? (AEC working?)
It is already available to a Russian-speaking community from taker.im forum. If not yet, an updated version will soon appear here I suppose.

sciagent said:
JazJon said:
Is 1.1 released yet? (AEC working?)
It is already available to a Russian-speaking community from taker.im forum. If not yet, an updated version will soon appear here I suppose.

Ah ok, Mio said and showed AEC but mentioned something about it messing up nigh quality. What are the Russians saying? So I'm kind of confused, did BlackVue release a 1.1 firmware in Russia or is this a custom home brew thing again that is just being called 1.1 for the sake of increasing the number higher.

Yes, that is true, a night quality video is not any good using default settings (day-time video is better though as well as a recognition of registration plate symbols). But it is still possible to set the firmware so that it would use the averver.sh file. The n a quality of video is the same as in 1.0.5 and depends on settings in averver.sh.

BTW, my personal settings in averver.sh were the following:
#!/bin/sh
SIZE="1080P"
BITRATE="15000000"
exec /mnt/nand/System/av_server1.out DM368 AUDIO 8000 AAC 24000 AEWB TI2A GLBCE $SIZE H264 $BITRATE 1 VBR AUTO $(($BITRATE + 3000000)) MJPEG 10 MENUOFF

this parameter is very small ($BITRATE +3000000)
to be approximately 10% of the bitrate exhibited

Now there're 20% - twice more than an estimated requirement. But some suggestions from developers of the custom firmware and my own experiments with different modes brought those settings to me. With those settings quality of video is reasonable while files are still not large, and a number of broken files (those BlackVue Viewer fixes when they played with it) tends to zero.

sciagent said:
Yes, that is true, a night quality video is not any good using default settings (day-time video is better though as well as a recognition of registration plate symbols). But it is still possible to set the firmware so that it would use the averver.sh file. The n a quality of video is the same as in 1.0.5 and depends on settings in averver.sh.

BTW, my personal settings in averver.sh were the following:
#!/bin/sh
SIZE="1080P"
BITRATE="15000000"
exec /mnt/nand/System/av_server1.out DM368 AUDIO 8000 AAC 24000 AEWB TI2A GLBCE $SIZE H264 $BITRATE 1 VBR AUTO $(($BITRATE + 3000000)) MJPEG 10 MENUOFF

when I compare the default settings:
exec /mnt/nand/System/av_server1.out DM368 AUDIO 8000 AAC 24000 AEWB TI2A $SIZE H264 $BITRATE 0 VBR AUTO $(($BITRATE + 750000)) MJPEG 10 MENUOFF
with yours :
exec /mnt/nand/System/av_server1.out DM368 AUDIO 8000 AAC 24000 AEWB TI2A GLBCE$SIZE H264 $BITRATE1VBR AUTO $(($BITRATE + 3000000)) MJPEG 10 MENUOFF

There are some small changes. What they do exactly ?

sciagent said:
Now there're 20%
sorry :oops:
I then saw. Message deleted it, but why it is not deleted

today completed the user 1.1.1rus
Compared with 1.0.5 in it a lot of changes. And need a good translation of documents
We would like to hire an interpreter for qualitative translation. But this takes time, and possibly money.
Therefore, one or two weeks will have to wait for the English version

sorry

changes compared to 1.0.5
v1.1.1
- Implemented three independent display mode: full-time running a media server parameters Pittasoft c (0), start with a script avserver.sh (1) and the launch of a custom-video settings (2)

- Mode Video = 2 adds the following features:
--- Mode selection AWB: custom or standard media server
--- Custom color adjustment AWB ("warmer" / "colder")
--- Adjust the brightness in day mode
--- Adjust the brightness in night mode
--- Speed ​​control exposure
- In Video 1 and Video = Video = 2 possibilities of the hardware flip the image

- Via the built-www-server view the following information is available on the DVR: internal temperature,
mac-address of the wireless interface, IP-address, the best channel Wi-FI for use

- Has the following modes of Wi-Fi: client mode Wi-FI, as well as fine-tuning mode has been added SoftAP

- All the procedures are optimized for speed

- Now you can copy files from the device to the maximum possible speed, and video files from the device in real time

- Rewritten the software update procedure now tracks the occurrence of errors during the update process
software, with specific diagnostic messages are issued

- All of the configuration log files, including the launch of avserver.sh moved to the directory BlackVue / Config

- On special request by storing configuration files sold registrar with SD-Card
in NAND Flash recorder and subsequent recovery on SD-Card after formatting tools registrar

- Implemented the ability to "jump start" the registrar mode (FAST), in this mode does not work upgrade registrar
Disable all the possible test does not work Wi-Fi, but the recorder will start as soon as possible

- Implemented the ability to disable the LED GPS and Wi-FI in normal operation mode, the registrar and parking

- The ability to select the profile of the sensitivity of the G-sensor logger (three profiles) to reduce the likelihood of
E-file appears when driving on roads with poor quality of the road surface

- To configure advanced settings of the recorder introduced a special configuration file config-custom.ini

Back