Used my dashcam for a bike track day

bronze84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750, K1S, Marcus3, Mobius, Xiaomi Yi, Sony AS100v
Hi guys, just wanted to post a link of me using my dashcam as a go pro type sports camera. My mate did a track day on his motorbike at RAF Shawbury (uk) and I mounted it to his bike. I have jokiins G1000 based cam.

To be far I thought the camera did pretty well. Especially as this isn't what it was designed for, I used the original mount and there is less vibration that I would've thought. Picture quality is decent too. Just bare in mind he had a tinted double bubble windscreen fitted on his bike and the cam was behind that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2dw3lA ... ata_player

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very impressed, especially because it was being used for something it wasn't designed for...

bronze84 said:
Hi guys, just wanted to post a link of me using my dashcam as a go pro type sports camera. My mate did a track day on his motorbike at RAF Shawbury (uk) and I mounted it to his bike. I have jokiins G1000 based cam.

To be far I thought the camera did pretty well. Especially as this isn't what it was designed for, I used the original mount and there is less vibration that I would've thought. Picture quality is decent too. Just bare in mind he had a tinted double bubble windscreen fitted on his bike and the cam was behind that...

what? no speed display? thought these had GPS??

They do have GPS but you can choose whether to embed that in the video or not, its a user selectable option

Yes I decided to turn the speed setting off as I really don't need it turned on during normal driving. My friend said he was getting 145-150mph on the main 700m straight.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

bronze84 said:

Nice video but one question how much do you have to pay for how many rounds on that track and how is that with your health insurance in your country?

It was a charity day. Riders paid £50 (about 60 euro?) for a full day. They had 5 20 minute sessions. With regards to medical insurance, we have the NHS so you get treated regardless of how it happened that's the good thing about the NHS. Your personal motorbike insurance generally don't cover you for track days so if you crash it you can't claim

You didn't asked but even though I'll tell you:

At the racetrack where I live it's called "tourist driving" it costs 130,- Euros and you are allowed to drive 4 times 30 about minutes cars and motorbiks are driving seperately at this track.

In germany everybody is health insuranced (it starts from about 170,- Euros per month) and no matter how it happend they pay for you if you make an accident.

Back