The 808 #26, is a Chinese key chain camera manufactured by Hetai Digital Technology. The camera has very good picture quality during the day and good picture quality at night. It records 1080p at 30f/s with an average bit rate of approximately 12,000kpbs This camera is based on the iCatch SPCA6330 processor and Omnivision OV2710 CMOS sensor.
This is one of the first keychain cameras that has auto-start, auto-stop and cycle recording and the size is quite small at 19.1 x 35.8 x 59.1 mm. The camera does not come with a G-sensor or GPS.
While the small size is attractive, there are many negatives with this camera.
- Requires a special UC-E6 Mini-USB Cable which for some reason is not included. If the wrong USB cable is used, the camera could get bricked or destroyed
- The camera is all metal and gets very hot to the touch, even hotter than the Mobius
- Price tag of $100 is quite expensive considering the Mobius has better picture quality, more features and costs less
- Firmware updates are infrequent
A video review of this camera has been provided by our member Mtz.
Due to the high price tag and associated issues, this camera has not become popular as a dash cam. Hence very few problems have been reported.
Disassembling the Camera
Should I Purchase?
While the video quality is good and the small size is excellent, this camera is inferior to the Mobius in almost every way. The Mobius is better value for the money if you are looking for the smallest possible dash cam today.
Where to purchase for lowest price
This camera predominantly sells on eBay however we do not recommend purchasing given the high price, cable issues and heat generated.
WARNING! MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR FIRMWARE ARE PERFORMED AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DASH CAM AS A RESULT OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
Firmware Update Instructions
- Copy the DV_898.BRN file to the root of the SD card
- Power On the camera and the upgrade will start
- The red and green lights will be flashing
- The camera will turn off after more than 1 minute. Upgrade finished
The latest firmware version is Firmware_26_20130730_DV_898.
A small setup tool GUI is provided and can be downloaded here.
|Max Resolution||1080p 30fps|
|Max Bitrate (Mbps)||12|
|Diagonal Viewing Angle||70°|
|SD Card Type||MicroSD|
|Max Size (Spec)||32GB|
|Max Size (User)||32GB|
|Size (mm)||19 x 36 x 59|
|Operating Temp||0˚C to 70˚C|
|Release Date||Jun 2013|
|Disadvantages||Requires a special USB Cable|
Camera gets hot
|Video Day|| |
|Video Night|| |
|Size / Discreetness|| |
|Available Support|| |
|Overall Rating|| |
|Final Word||Inferior to the Mobius in every way. Get the Mobius instead.|
Published: October 4, 2013