The Pittasoft BlackVue DR750LW-2CH is a dual channel dash cam with WiFi capabilities released in mid 2014. This is one of the top of the line dual cameras available today since it records 1080p at 30fps for both the front and rear cameras. There are a number of differences between this camera and the previous DR550GW-2CH. They include:
- 1080p at 30fps for both the front and rear cameras instead of 720p for the rear
- Changing from the discreet cylindrical design to a huge 4-inch LCD touch screen (really targeted to the Korean market not the international one)
- Touchscreen can be used as a rear view camera when backing up
- Increasing the bitrate to 6 Mbps for the front camera and 4 Mbps for the rear camera (still way too low which will cause pixelation problems in some settings) – Russians have created a custom firmware to increase the bitrate
- Built in battery discharge prevention with cutoff voltage of 11.8V or 12V (a bit too low for most people see – Battery Discharge Prevention)
- Firmware Over The Air which allows for firmware updates to be done automatically via Wi-Fi using the smart phone app
- Overheat protection which constantly monitors the camera’s internal temperature and will shut off if it gets too hot.
This dash cam can be equipped with an optional external GPS module. It also has a G-sensor and parking mode. The front camera is using a 2.4 MP Sony Exmor CMOS sensor and the rear camera is using a 2MP Omnivision CMOS sensor. Video quality is one of the best we have seen for a dual camera, particularly the rear but the low bit rate will be problematic is some driving conditions (i.e. lots of trees, movement, etc.). Overall video quality is very good during the day and average at night.
One of the disappointments with this camera is the size. The front camera is 107.2 x 67.5 x 20.5 mm which would be too large for most people looking for discreet solutions. The rear camera is quite small at 67.4 x 27.6 mm. Overall, we would have preferred a smaller, no LCD screen dash cam.
Pittasoft is also selling the DR750L-2CH model which does not have WiFi capability and the DR730L-2CH model which does not have WiFi and records 720p on the rear camera.
Not many problems have been identified since this camera has been recently released.
Mounting the Camera
Our member Geleon has provided some pictures of the camera mounted in a car.
Day Video – Front
Day Video – Rear
Night Video – Front
Night Video – Rear
Should I Purchase?
The BlackVue DR750LW-2CH is the most feature packed dual camera available today. If you are looking for a discreet solution, look elsewhere. The steep $400+ price tag and potential video pixelation due to low bit rates are concerns. Reliability is also unknown at this time and BlackVue has had a mixed reputation in this area.
However, for some purchasers looking for the best dual camera available in 2014, the DR750LW-CH should be considered as long as you can accept the drawbacks.
The latest English firmware can be downloaded from the BlackVue site. Custom firmware made by Russian users is also available. See this thread for more information.
You can download the manual here.
Published: September 9, 2014
BlackVue DR750LW-2CH - DashCamTalk
The BlackVue DR750LW-2CH is a feature packed dual camera with 1080p 30fps front and rear. Large size, high price and low bit rate are negatives.
Product SKU: BlackVue DR750LW-2CH
Product Brand: BlackVue
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 440
Price Valid Until: 2023-01-01
Product In-Stock: SoldOut